closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we like smartwatches?

No from me as well.

Work is all around. Business laptop at home and at work, Ipad, cellphone...

I have no wish whatsoever to wear another display around my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by bingobadgo View Post
    Never really seen the point myself, although I famously as aid in an IT lesson circa 1993 that the internet was "a load of crap" and "no better than Ceefax" so take that with a handful of salt.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    I take it you never bought shares in Yahoo or Google then!

Journeyman
    They've never appealed to me, though my daughter seems to like hers.

Apprentice

Do we like smartwatches?

It’s only a matter of time before smartwatches can accurately read body functions such as blood pressure.
    Have over a weeks worth of battery life.
    Thin round faces inspired by someone other than Mark Newson.
    ‘Always on’ displays.

With the ability to detect early health issues I can see some private health companies offering discounts on premiums for people who wear them.

When that day comes they’ll be hard to resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by superchoo; 3rd March 2018 at 21:40.

Owned a couple but only briefly. Seem a bit pointless to me.

I like the idea of them.

Had a Apple Watch that didn't even make 3 days before I sold it, the battery life was a joke and the 'Apple wrist flick' every time I wanted the screen on so I could see the screen drove me nuts. Got a Pebble after the that, loved the always on screen, water resistance and week or so between charges. Ultimately though it started kind of lacking something too, it's in my bedside drawer right now. I had a Garmin vivoactive 3 recently, no idea why but I was obsessed with the idea of 24 hour hr tracking. Kind of surprised myself, but I had it for for a grand total of two days before I returned it, didn't like the touch screen and the side case touch interface.

Back to the analogue and the odd G-shock/Pro trek for me. I've recently come to the conclusion that I think smart watches just aren't there for me yet, give it another few years and maybe I'll try again.

Master
    No, out of date and worthless in 12 months.

No don’t like them. Quite a few of my mates and colleagues bought Apple Watches when they first came out. Most of them have ditched them now and gone back to regular watches.

I currently wear a Nixon Mission Smartwatch for which they(Nixon)released an IOS app this was buggy as hell in the end i bought a cheapo Android phone and hey presto i have up to date Tide info plus its 100M water resistant and tough as nails its now My Flying watch the only downside is having to use flight mode whilst performing the take off run-)!

No Sir, not for me my G Shock multi band is smart enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    No Sir, not for me my G Shock multi band is smart enough for me
    I must admit that is true the Multi Band G Shocks are real quality watches especially the GPW 2000 and the GWG MudMaster.

Quote Originally Posted by superchoo View Post
    It’s only a matter of time before smartwatches can accurately read body functions such as blood pressure.
    Have over a weeks worth of battery life.
    Thin round faces inspired by someone other than Mark Newson.
    ‘Always on’ displays.

With the ability to detect early health issues I can see some private health companies offering discounts on premiums for people who wear them.

When that day comes they’ll be hard to resist.
    Still seems like a simple wrist band (or maybe something like a small plaster - Graphene is the answer to everything apparently!) that connects to your phone or tablet via a bluetooth connection (or something else in the future) is a better option.

Cheaper and less obtrusive - In time, we'll probably have a chip injected at birth that does all this!

M

Craftsman
    When they make one that isn’t ugly it will be tempting...

Journeyman
    I think they have their places and particular use cases.

I had a Microsoft Band 2 for a while before they stopped supporting it. It's like a chunky bracelet and the display was on the inside of the wrist. I didn't mind wearing it at the same time as a proper watch.

I made the effort to set up notifications on my phone, to only be notified for specific people on specific apps (only my mum and my wife)

This way, when i was at work, i could leave my phone in my office and be confident that I could notified when my wife felt like i needed to head home when we were expecting a baby.

I have purchased one of these:

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/product...-FTW1124P.html

Perhaps it'll be a good compromise?

I don't have one but like what they can do, the latest iWatch removes the need to carry a phone around a lot of the time. I like their potential too, the future is certainly going to be interesting. As for how they look, the Nokia ones look lovely but lack the features of an Apple or Garmin.

There seems to be loads on here that don't like smart watches because they look ugly, or have useless features, which is exactly how I'd describe a G-Shock, which seem to be very popular here.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    might just as well have the chip implanted and a barcode stamped on your forehead.
    That's the next step ;-)

I find smartphones invasive enough, so I don't want social media on my wrist as well. And for the other functions; the last 50 years I could do without those, and probably the next 50 years I'll manage as well ;-)
    (And who cares when you're 100 years old?)

Love my Apple watch, hasn't been off my wrist since getting it.

Craftsman
    I've worn my AppleWatch on my right wrist everyday since May 2015.... I had a specific reason for buying one.

I carry my iPhone in a OtterBox case / holster on my left hip. All too often I would get calls or messages while doing venom extractions from our snakes.
    With the AppleWatch on my right wrist it is simple enough to glance at the message or know who is trying to call.

I always wear one of my Sinn's on my left wrist as well.

I use the activity tracker, heart-rate, pod-cast / music control and other apps too

(Apple watch is out of shot in this image.... you can see my Sinn U2 though).
    20727825_10155461041156397_8548181785751863303_n by Paul Rowley, on Flickr
    Last edited by PDR; 8th March 2018 at 14:52.