closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just before the classic shot !

Just before the classic shot !

Just came across this image, is the lady doing the make up or just passer by looking to see what the 4 lads are up to ?!

Blog Entries
    Great pic…. Iconic moment for sure

Not sure exactly off the top of my head but this must be close to 50yrs ago!

🙈🤔😉

Wonderful
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Fab!

Blog Entries
    In a way, this is more interesting than the actual iconic photo! 'The Making Of' before it was invented!

As we know, the pic was taken on August 8th. Back in 2001, the pregnancy due date of my eldest being born was on August 8th. We'd decided that - if it was going to be a girl- one of her given names would be Abbey! (In the end, my oldest son was born a few days later)

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 10th March 2018 at 14:13.

What a fabulous shot.

As the lady in question is wearing an overall it's my bet she was just working locally and came out for a chat.

Imagine just being around for a chat when the Beatles were getting ready for that historic shot!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

In a similar vein, theres a bloke in the background of the final album cover, its an interesting story - he appeared by chance and hates the Beatles!

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/..._beatles_music

Master
    Fantastic picture! A little puzzle for me is Paul's footwear. In response to the old "Paul is dead" conspiracy theory surrounding the shoot, Paul had always stated that his shoes were hurting because of the multiple attempts at the final photo, so he had simply taken them off and was barefoot for the final shots. However, he's clearly wearing sandals or flip-flops here, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    Fantastic picture! A little puzzle for me is Paul's footwear. In response to the old "Paul is dead" conspiracy theory surrounding the shoot, Paul had always stated that his shoes were hurting because of the multiple attempts at the final photo, so he had simply taken them off and was barefoot for the final shots. However, he's clearly wearing sandals or flip-flops here, any ideas?
    So, Paul was/is full of $hit then ?

Master
    Not for me to say, but the whiff of the bull is an accusation that has been laid at his door more than once.
    Too many accounts from too many sources regarding this photo shoot for any to be conclusive, I'd like to maintain a charitable conclusion.
    Last edited by Evanssprky; 11th March 2018 at 22:29.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    The answer is supposed to be here: http://www.whizzpast.com/cover-story...d-album-cover/

What puzzles me, however, is the fact that Paul is holding a cigarette in his right hand. I am lefthanded myself and I used to be a heavy smoker (>25 yrs ago now). I cannot imagine holding a cigarette in my right hand with -at the same time- a 'free' left hand. For us youngsters, back then this was THE most significant sign that this is not the real PMcC.

Menno

Master
    Thank you, that does mention the sandals. What I read in the past is probably just one small part in the mountains of misinformation available.