TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breitling Chrono Avenger

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Bye Jonty.
    Wait I’ll get your coat......

Quote Originally Posted by jonty1962 View Post
    And it’s precisely that admission that undermines your credibility stupidity just about covers it.
    Your assessment may or may not be true but you’ve Played your hand a bit too hastily welcome to the playground where I’m sure you’ll feel at home...
    You don't seem to be a very pleasant person. You asked for an opinion of the watch, and I furnished you with one. It isn't right, and I can't agree with your statements: "They had obviously worked hard to restore it" and "when the watch arrived it could have been a new one."

Most of us are already aware Watchmaster's poor reputation, but thanks for alerting us to yet another black mark against them.

Thanks for the Feedback and taking the time to spot it.... most people have just told me it’s a very nice watch so good to know your looking out for forum members... what surprises me though is how nobody else spotted that given the level of expertise I’ve been told is on the forum.
    Other people may well have spotted it.

If you really want to become integrated into this forum you’d be wise to change your approach.

Do let us know what the supplier does about that issue.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Never mind Jonty. Fingers crossed your next transaction with Watchmaster will be more successful! Useful heads-up for the rest of us though so cheers for that.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just had a read through this thread, the OP comes across as a prize txxt and regardless wether he is connected to watchmaster or not I would not have dealings with either of them.
    Last edited by seadog1408; 9th April 2018 at 08:15. Reason: pc.

Congrats jonty.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Just had a read through this thread, the OP comes across as a prize t**t and regardless wether he is connected to watchmaster or not I would not have dealings with either of them.
    It’s watch talk mate, you may wish to edit that.

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It’s watch talk mate, you may wish to edit that.

Dave

I was going to say the same. I wouldn’t like to see Seadog get a temporary ban when there are others, the OP for starters, in need of a permanent ban.

Just had a read through this thread, the OP comes across as a prize txxt and regardless wether he is connected to watchmaster or not I would not have dealings with either of them.
    Agreed, couldn't have put it any better.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Bye Jonty.
    What watch is he wearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Ok Tiffin,

Following all the links and feedback about www.watchmaster.com and what has now been said about the watch, what do you intend to do about it now?

Might we expect you to keep us updated with your experiences?

Would you still champion watchmaster?

I don’t quite understand why you attacked Mr. Curta. Was he not helpful?

Thankyou.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    You don't seem to be a very pleasant person. You asked for an opinion of the watch, and I furnished you with one. It isn't right, and I can't agree with your statements: "They had obviously worked hard to restore it" and "when the watch arrived it could have been a new one."

Most of us are already aware Watchmaster's poor reputation, but thanks for alerting us to yet another black mark against them.
    Ditto... along with smiles..... reputable dealer ect if you want to be helpful try doing it in a way that I might actually want to listen to what you have to say....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Ok Tiffin,

Following all the links and feedback about www.watchmaster.com and what has now been said about the watch, what do you intend to do about it now?

Thankyou.
    That ship has now sailed Haywood.... You had a close look at the watch gave your appraisal/opinion yet missed the obvious (not my words)
    But you at least did try and give me an appraisal that was genuine and well intended.
    And for that I can say Thank You.
    Enough said.
    Last edited by jonty1962; 9th April 2018 at 12:23.

Master
    That ship has sailed Haywood.
    Has it?

They seem entirely reasonable, current and valid questions in the light of what has been posted.

If you choose not to respond materially then even more people again may draw conclusions about you and your posting here.

Here is the open invitation to prove so many wrong.

Master
    You don't seem very concerned to learn that the watch doesn't have an original hand set?

vs

Master
    OP - have you contacted seller about incorrect subdial hand?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    That ship has now sailed Haywood.... You had a close look at the watch gave your appraisal/opinion yet missed the obvious (not my words)
    But you at least did try and give me an appraisal that was genuine and well intended.
    And for that I can say Thank You.
    Enough said.
    You snapped when other, established members helpfully and reasonably advised you to change your tune but then think you can determine the conversation when it leads to places you don’t like?

I did not have a close look at your watch. I gave your basic snaps a glance and a quick comment which was correct, even though my interest lies in Rolex watches, not Breitling.

Now you seem consistently to play the injured party and deflect when the heat is on, as you well deserve it to be. Playing that game, you might claim that you shouldn’t respond to further question from me.

Unfortunately, what will you do if other members (whom you have no excuse to deny) in turn ask the questions I did? Let us see if one or more perhaps copy and paste the questions which seem entirely relevant, yet you seem unable to answer :

Dear Mr. Tiffin,

Why is it that you avoid criticising Watchmaster or accepting any criticism of them by others, even in the light of what has been posted?

Would you like a bigger spade? Not sure who comes out of this worse, www.watchmaster.com or you, but I know it will look ever more distasteful if you won’t now respond to reasonable questions from the few members remaining whom you have yet alienated.

Finally, editing your posts to clarify a point or make a retrospective spelling mistake is generally acceptable. Changing or adding materially to them after they have been quoted and the conversation has moved on may remind many of the actions of an evasive, dishonest troll or a shill poster in his death throes having been caught out.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 9th April 2018 at 15:56.

Master
    ...if you want to be helpful try doing it in a way that I might actually want to listen to what you have to say....
    There is some irony here.

jonty seems a particularly unpleasant addition to the membership, with no apparent benefit to true watch enthusiasts.

Alienating the vast majority of members that have added to this, his first, thread doesn’t sit very well, but there is enough hostility and unpleasantness for my to avoid anything but commenting in kind.

Some people wouldn’t have commented on the watch, because you don’t come across as someone who either appreciates, has earned or deserves their help!
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

If you actually read my post it’s based on my experience and I clearly invite people for there own experiences and opinions about this company I’m extolling the virtues of my experience with them.
    Would you prefer it if I lied...? You appear very hostile and I make no apology for my post. This is my first dealing with this company otherwise I do not know anybody in it and have no other interest in them apart from buying my watch from them. So I see your comments as unfounded and quite frankly daft to draw such a conclusion.
    Oh dear here we go ...as a newbie normally most here will give you a pass & as a rookie error, accept your apologies & move on.... but seeing all the replies since this first question where you didn't like the answers you got ....well you haven't taken them up on it... as haywood is anything but daft as if you want to know about watches you have replied quite
    haughtily (when you asked for comments) to one of the people who has forgotten more about horology than you'll ever know, being an established dealer & bricks & mortar retailer & knows the trade inside out. We are always grateful for his input & advice & has gone out of his way to help members here....whereas two new threads extolling a co. has been done before & will raise suspicions....as will buying a watch you're delighted with then asking if it's legit or a good buy

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by lordloz; 9th April 2018 at 15:43.

This.

C’mon guys, it’s clear now that he’s nothing but a troll.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Can we conclude that Watchmaster sells watches with incorrect parts attached then?

So someone seemingly affiliated with watchmaster has joined up to sneakily promote the company. But he's posted a picture with incorrect hands fitted?

Not sure what that says about watchmaster! Nothing good.......

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    So someone seemingly affiliated with watchmaster has joined up to sneakily promote the company. But he's posted a picture with incorrect hands fitted?

Not sure what that says about watchmaster! Nothing good.......

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    And then alienates almost the entire membership here such that no one in their right mind would buy anything from watchmaster.

His post seems to have spectacularly backfired!

All IMHO of course being an outsider who has no prior knowledge of either the OP or the business in question.

Master
    He says he won’t answer me now, so perhaps some other members might like to ask the following:

“Dear Mr. Tiffin,

Why is it that you avoid criticising Watchmaster or accepting any criticism of them by others, even in the light of what has been posted?“

Finally, for those who haven’t seen it there is a brilliant suggestion from others in the Bear Pit Draft Thread, to which I respond: What a Jonty!
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 9th April 2018 at 16:19.

Master
    Stop bullying the guy.......he's got a right to his opinion, right or wrong . If you don't agree with him, fine. I don't either. But all the ganging-up gets a bit nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Stop bullying the guy.......he's got a right to his opinion, right or wrong . If you don't agree with him, fine. I don't either. But all the ganging-up gets a bit nasty.
    Who’s bullying who?

Every time anyone has commented in anything other than a 100% positive way wrt either the watch or the company, Jonty has come out on the attack insulting and trying to belittle all and sundry.
    Defending oneself and the community against this sort of behaviour can hardly be called bullying. Neither can expecting the OP to answer pertinent questions.

....adding watchmaster to my list

Craftsman
    OP are you going to return the watch to www.watchmaster.com due to to hands? 14 days to return..

Master
    And Your name is...
    Don’t tell him Pike!

I would love an answer to these questions please?

“Dear Mr. Tiffin,

Why is it that you avoid criticising Watchmaster or accepting any criticism of them by others, even in the light of what has been posted?“

Apprentice
    Hi Paskinner,
    Thanks for your valid point which is why I continue to bat away these people with a fly swat.
    Bully’s they are indeed, but bully’s don’t get it which is why they bully.....When I first came onto the forum and happily anounoced I’d just bought a watch from WATCHMASTER the reaction was swift. The pitchfork brigade were out and I was immediately accused of working for the company, of being a plant and shill every conspiracy going the knives were well and truly out...

So when these situations arise as they often do on forums, it’s starts as low level bullying Trolling and then as the hysteria ratchets up, more and more people end up comming out of the wood work and getting drawn in, which quickly turns into a lynch mob mentality ..... however the real truth here is the membership on this forum is far bigger than than the members that tend to show up first who make there presence felt, usually consist of the bully’s cowards and there subsequent followers who really tend to be the bottom feeders in the real Hierarchy on forums anyway.

You tend to find it’s always the minority who shout the loudest the real members who are the majority stay out of it becouse by definition they are decent people and don’t want too get involved in this sort of behaviour. Just go back to the beginning of the thread and see how it developed.

These forum members are encouraged and operate behind the cloak of anonymity and as such behave very badly in a way they wouldn’t do if you were sitting with them in real time down the pub or at someone’s house.

Other than wanting to stand up to this sort of nonsense my real motivation has been too stand up and be counted just as some people do when the cowardly gang in the playground set about somebody for no other reason than there new into the school and are selected as an easy target.

So I will go, they will think they have there victory, pat each other on the back and say Remember that Dick from WATCMASTER the plant, the shill, we sniffed him out, saw straight through that guy, and sent him in Packing..... yet the irony here is: l had never heard of watcmaster before I purchased my watch have had nothing else to do with them professionally, don’t know anybody who works for the company and that’s it, it really is that simple.

The mob has now reached fever pitch and can’t even consider that might be just the reality, for to do so would undermine there actions and bully’s dont do that, thats why they bully, and that’s why your particular comment is so relevant.
    And this is why I’ve stuck around ;).

Call it what you like. Personally, if I had the ability he would most definitely no longer be a member. He doesn’t want to fit in - he wants everyone to pander to him.

&... a confirmed liar!
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 9th April 2018 at 20:38.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    He says he won’t answer me now, so perhaps some other members might like to ask the following:

“Dear Mr. Tiffin,

Finally, for those who haven’t seen it there is a brilliant suggestion from others in the Bear Pit Draft Thread, to which I respond: What a Jonty!
    Your such a cad Haywood laughing at your own jokes shows insecurity.
    Perhaps you should answer my question... why did your assessment of my watch miss the most obvious flaw...? it was glaring obvious according to Mr Curta but I see you avoided that question earlier on in the thread.
    Look Haywood we all make mistakes and at least the younger members who look up too you will now see that your human after all.
    If you worked for me (and yes I can see the steam coming out of your ears) I’d say look, don’t worry about it we can all learn from our mistakes anywhere else you’d have Been sacked .... especially here...!! school boy error.
    Last edited by jonty1962; 9th April 2018 at 20:13.

Jonty, what's all this about.

I see you've seen another watch like yours from watchmaster and now your asking again?
    What answers are you after this time?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f260/ne...g-4680069.html

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

I see you've seen another watch like yours from watchmaster and now your asking again?

🤨

Your such a cad Haywood laughing at your own jokes shows insecurity.
    Perhaps you should answer my question... why did your assessment of my watch miss the most obvious flaw...? it was glaring obvious according to Mr Curta but I see you avoided that question earlier on in the thread.
    Look Haywood we all make mistakes and at least the younger members who look up too you will now see that your human after all.
    If you worked for me (and yes I can see the steam coming out of your ears) I’d say look, don’t worry about it we can all learn from our mistakes anywhere else you’d have Been sacked .... especially here...!! school boy error.
    What an absolute jonty.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

NFW!

Lost cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    What an absolute jonty.
    Complete and utter...

Hit the switch.

Posted by you on Watchuseek 6 hours ago.

Hi All,
    im a newbie here and was hoping to get some advice on Breitling watches.
    In Short I’ve seen a Breitling on a web site called Watchmaster.com a Breitling Chrono Titanium Avenger (Breitling being the watch’s Ive always wanted to own) firstly is this a decent internet retailer....? or are there other ones I should be looking at in terms of good reputation quality control and after sales service, I would be grateful for any advice.
    thanks in advance.
    jonathan.

In the words of Sgt Aguado- did I just hear a toilet flush?
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 9th April 2018 at 20:31.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Uh oh. 😂

It would be nice if a member at WUS replied to that thread with a link to this one, showing you are a shill.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    It would be nice if a member at WUS replied to that thread with a link to this one, showing you are a shill.
    Your wish...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Call it what you like. Personally, if I had the ability he would most definitely no longer be a member. He doesn’t want to fit in - he wants everyone to pander to him.

&... a confirmed liar!
    Confirmation and evidence please......

Confirmation and evidence please......
    Read your own words!

Just go away.

Trolltastic.

Master
    Accutronitis?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I see they're flogging a particularly shoddily re-dialled UG and describing the condition as Good. Hmmm...

https://www.watchmaster.com/en/unive...ode=X6XFKV9V6E
    Shockingly good condition, obviously!