closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CHRONEXT and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Apprentice

CHRONEXT and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Chronext

Well a online watch seller with a shop on Fleet street in London you would think you would a reasonable service. (WRONG)

I had read the dealings online about customer service was not so good on delivery of watches MOST COMPLAINTS OF TIMING.

I called them to inquire to purchase that's when i realized it appeared mickey mouse type outfit but they told me i could order and get it delivered and pay when its in fleet street which sort of took risks out of the equation then it was just the watch itself could let me down to order and wait for it and collect were also not an easy process.

The watch come with a 2 year guarantee ok and Chronext support it with their own as well what could go wrong.

The watch broke after 4 days and i contacted Chronext within a week and got no reply so followed it up with call the promised call back with the right person to deal with the inquiry they never called back.

I sent e-mails and online form the first time and second time and called again and got same response i sent more mails and after 4 weeks i managed to get some one who had read the e-mail but could only send a generic e-mail to send watch back but issue was there was no agreement as i did not agree with there method of repair.

Chronext is a grey market seller for SINN watches they don't have a business arrangement with SINN for repairs or sales.

Chronext wanted to repair my watch them selves which would fore-fit my SINN warranty of course as no one accept SINN should be opening my watch in the first 2 years.

This is all from picking up the watch 8 weeks ago its still broken and no one from Chronext can be bothered to pick up the phone and sort the problem out.

They only send poorly written generic e-mails out just wanting to collect the watch and do what they want.

After 4 days a watch broken and they cant be bothered to deal with it.

I have contacted multiply times as instructed to make report against them i have been advised i must do so and also my credit card company as it was purchased through VISA done the same.

Chronext gives you nothing more than if you bought watch from geezer down the market or PUB.

By all means use your 100 GBP voucher of the watch price and it will cost you far more if anything goes wrong they don't care at all.

My purchase price was less than 2000 GBP cheap for products they sell but still the same there service is a JOKE.

I have had to contact the manufacture for support instead of the seller the manufacture checked the serial number and agreed it was sold recently.

While SINN sold the defective watch Chronext could not be bothered SINN answered after a quite a firm e-mail sent to them about the broken watch straight away Chronext asked me few weeks ago how to move forward in a generic mail again but no replies and i sent them back a open e-mail telling them i wanted what i was supposed to get a watch without a defect.

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM CHRONEXT AGAIN AND WHILE I WORK WITH GUYS WHICH MOST COMMON WATCH IS A ROLEX (OFFSHORE OIL AND GAS) I WILL MAKE SURE EVERYBODY KNOWS CHRONEXT CANT BE TRUSTED HENCE THE FORUM POST.

THERE ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINTS ARE TRUE I KNEW OF THEM I TOOK THE RISK AND PAID THE PRICE WHILE CHRONEXT COULD NOT DEAL WITH A PROBLEM OF SELLING A DEFECTIVE WATCH THEY DID NOT WANT TO SORT IT OR WERE UN CAPABLE OF DOING SO AS ITS GREY PRODUCT SOURCED TO SELL ONLY NO OTHERS IN STOCK UNLESS AN ORDER COMES IN

I HAVE ALL EVIDENCE OF MAILS OF ANY PART OF MAILS ABOVE EVEN CHRONEXT ADMITTING THERE CRAP CUSTOMER SERVICE TO TRY TO HUMOUR THERE POOR SERVICE TO ME BUT THEY DO NOTHING EVEN WHILE DOING THAT.

customer service manager should be sacked this is a company with 34 million investment recently in 2018 how if they cant even deal with selling a broken watch after 4 days?

I can back any thing up in this mail with facts.

I collected this watch also in person at fleet street.

this has happened all from feb 2018
    Last edited by deepseacon; 18th April 2018 at 06:51.

Great first post,,

Welcome to the forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I made it as far as the 3rd paragraph then lost the will.

Anyone manage to get further than that?

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I made it as far as the 3rd paragraph then lost the will.

Anyone manage to get further than that?
    Bottom of paragraph 3 for me, then the gibberish overwhelmed me.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

OP, you say Chronext send “poorly written” e-mails.

How would you know?

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting us know.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post

How would you know?

Simon

there are a few mails over the weeks mostly from week 3 - 6 they don't even acknowledge the problem just sent out to humour the contact most are from online system messenger service not actual e-mails

Whoosh.

Craftsman

How would you know?

Simon

I think the OP has some expertise in this regard...

If it’s a new Sinn then sending it back to Sinn is the obvious choice. Particularly as Chronext say they want to fix it themselves.

(I struggled through to the end, almost!)

Quote Originally Posted by deepseacon View Post
    there are a few mails over the weeks mostly from week 3 - 6 they don't even acknowledge the problem just sent out to humour the contact most are from online system messenger service not actual e-mails
    You may have missed my point...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I think the OP has some expertise in this regard...
    ...which was my point, of course...

Simon

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Don't mind the smartasses deepseacon.
    You can call trading standards or citizens advice.
    Failing that issue a county court summons for your loss and expenses. Dead easy to do. Citizens Advice would help you fill the form in.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app

Could be the longest first post in history! Sorry about the issues you are having with the watch and the seller - hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction soon.

Master
    What was the issue with the watch?

I had problems with delivery of my speedmaster (they promised repeatedly before Christmas but dates kept slipping week by week - I finally cancelled). It's clear that sourcing cheaply enough to fit their business model is the big issue, and sourcing cheap takes more time than sourcing expensive!

It's not easy to pick our the facts from the emotion but - while I understand from experience your frustration with the quality of communication - I can't help but wonder if you are being overly harsh.

They CAN be bothered - they have quickly offered to collect and repair under their own warranty and your first paragraph makes positive mention of this benefit. Why are you now unhappy with that same Chronext warranty being put into force?

If you want to avail yourself of Sinn's warranty - why, then send to Sinn!

That's the deal - you got it cheap but there are strings you wouldn't have if you bought at full price from an AD.

I had a great, very civil, conversation with Chronext's CEO after my own debacle. If you PM me I will send you his email address.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steelgecko; 18th April 2018 at 08:04.

Master
    why not just go straight to Sinn if your watch broke?

I've had issues with a watch from a grey dealer (not Chronext) and used the manufacturer's warranty to set it straight.

non issue in my opinion

Master
    That time-honoured saying, 'you get what you paid for' comes to mind. These companies have to cut costs to survive; something has to give. Not much use making a fuss now, just send it to Sinn.
    And next time, buy from a better company, even if it costs a little more. They are around.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgecko View Post
    I had problems with delivery of my speedmaster (they promised repeatedly before Christmas but dates kept slipping week by week - I finally cancelled). It's clear that sourcing cheaply enough to fit their business model is the big issue, and sourcing cheap takes more time than sourcing expensive!

It's not easy to pick our the facts from the emotion but - while I understand from experience your frustration with the quality of communication - I can't help but wonder if you are being overly harsh.

They CAN be bothered - they have quickly offered to collect and repair under their own warranty and your first paragraph makes positive mention of this benefit. Why are you now unhappy with that same Chronext warranty being put into force?

If you want to avail yourself of Sinn's warranty - why, then send to Sinn!

That's the deal - you got it cheap but there are strings you wouldn't have if you bought at full price from an AD.

I had a great, very civil, conversation with Chronext's CEO after my own debacle. If you PM me I will send you his email address.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    That's a very kind offer
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    I’ve had my own issues with Chronext which I won’t bore you with but resulted in me cancelling my order with them then chasing for weeks for a refund.

Never looked at their website since.

As the OP lives in London why not pop the watch back to the Fleet Street office for a full refund within 30 days or purchase, as is your right under the Consumer Rights Act 2015?

Anyway, it's already a car crash so I'm off to bake a cake.

Craftsman
    ...which was my point, of course...

Simon
    I know...

But as others have said - if it is a new watch, surely contacting Sinn would be the way to go?

In Chronext’s defence. I’ve used them twice and both times it’s been fine.

I’ll concede it does take time to get the watch in hand and there has been emails which I’ve had to follow up on to get a response. I’ve learned it’s much easier just to phone them.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I'm off to bake a cake.
    Does it have nuts in it?

Simon

Master
    Ordered a Sinn from Chronext on Saturday morning, delivered to my desk yesterday. Bracelet sized last night, on my wrist and running within COSC at the moment. Will be posting high praise on their social media this evening.
    I may of course be counting my chickens...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Does it have nuts in it?

Simon
    Not a fan of nuts in cakes to be honest. I was thinking more along the lines of a traditional Victoria sponge. Perfect for afternoon tea in the garden

Master
    4/10

Too coherent in places, poor use of capitalisations, additional white space aid readability too much. Must try harder.

Master
    As other have said, direct to Sinn is the best way to go for a new watch under warranty.

As for Chronext, the general wisdom seems to be that they get there in the end, but it takes them time and takes the purchaser time to chase them - this is also my experience

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    4/10

Too coherent in places, poor use of capitalisations, additional white space aid readability too much. Must try harder.
    Too coherent? You were hoping for worse?

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    4/10

My old school reports just flashed across my mind (See Me)