closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help with value of two old Seiko watches please.

Help with value of two old Seiko watches please.

Can anyone give me some guidance on the value (or not) of these 'vintage' Seiko watches please?

The first is a LCD / solar. lots of signs of use but nothing nasty. On the back it's marked A156-5030 and on the front bezel 'Silver Wave'

The second is in better overall condition and marked 6309-848A on the case back.

Both run and keep good time

Thanks

Second one is more or less a cheapie as they're everywhere. A few tens of pounds at most I guess.

Can't comment on the first one as some such watches are collectible nowadays. Some aren't though.

An advanced search on eBay for 'sold' listings will help with the first one.

Master
    Vintage Seiko 5 models are worth very little sadly, though an untouched one on original bracelet should be £30 or so on ebay I reckon.

The Silverwave range has had a bit of a collectors surge recently and is getting up a bit in terms of value.
    A156 calibre movement and one of the early quartz models, late 70's or very early 1980's. Looks in good condition and has the all-important original bracelet. I'd guess it's £70-£80 worth of watch to a digital collector.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Vintage Seiko 5 models are worth very little sadly, though an untouched one on original bracelet should be £30 or so on ebay I reckon.

The Silverwave range has had a bit of a collectors surge recently and is getting up a bit in terms of value.
    A156 calibre movement and one of the early quartz models, late 70's or very early 1980's. Looks in good condition and has the all-important original bracelet. I'd guess it's £70-£80 worth of watch to a digital collector.
    Thank you both.

I did try eBay completed items and google but couldn't find anything that looked an identical model.

As least I have an idea now.

Thanks again