closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cobra Kai

Master

Cobra Kai

I'm 3 episodes into this 10 part YouTube Red web series and absolutely loving it - it's highly unlikely that the 7 remaining episodes will last much beyond the bank holiday weekend!

Craftsman
    I binged it, just couldnt stop.
    It was awesome, they did such a great job continuing the story.

The Johnny Lawrence side of the story is exactly what I hoped it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    I'm 3 episodes into this 10 part YouTube Red web series and absolutely loving it - it's highly unlikely that the 7 remaining episodes will last much beyond the bank holiday weekend!

I thought it was a Coleridge poem

Blog Entries
    It’s a John Creese backstory ? Is Terry silver in it and bad boy Mike Barnes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post

I just googled it ha brilliant ! Last thing I heard Johnny did was a spoof for a music video where they all live in a trailer watching re runs of the film

Master

No, it's a modern day sequel told from the point of view of Johnny Lawrence, check out the trailer:

Official Cobra Kai Trailer - The Karate Kid saga continues

Given the success of the first season I think there's plenty of scope for the return of characters like Terry Silver and Mike Barnes, I guess John Creesy himself could even return - Bobby Ewing style.

I just googled it ha brilliant ! Last thing I heard Johnny did was a spoof for a music video where they all live in a trailer watching re runs of the film

It literally is brilliant!

Craftsman

Sorry, thats a no to Terry and Mike.

Master
    That looks awesome

Also, check this out, 'wax on fuck off', it's hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAtd2r49wFw

Master
    Here's another another interesting YouTube video that makes you pause to think about the conflict between Daniel and Johnny in light of the release of Cobra Kai:

The Karate Kid: Daniel is the REAL bully

It's a all a bit geeky I know and I only stumbled across it whilst searching for the Cobra Kai trailer after I first heard about it on Facebook; I thought it was just fictitious clickbait at first, a bit like the fake Back to the Future IV trailer that did the rounds.

To be honest I wouldn't even say I was THAT crazy about Karate Kid, sure I've seen the original trilogy multiple times and wouldn't touch the Hilary Swank/Jaden Smith iterations with a barge pole but I wouldn't class myself as a fan in the same way that I'm a fan of Back to the Future or Star Wars.

However, I think the fact that this series was so unexpected is what makes it so awesome, that and the complete subversion of the established plotline; or at least the way we look at it, has made for a winning formula.

Roll on season 2!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    That looks awesome

Also, check this out, 'wax on fuck off', it's hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAtd2r49wFw
    Brilliant!!

I have seen 2 episodes so far and it’s superb!

Blog Entries
    Looks great I’m having it

Master
    I particularly enjoyed the Iron Eagle scene in episode 1, another classic of its time that I have fond memories of.

Just finished ep2, very good so far, the window cleaning bit made me chuckle.
    What's this youtube red all about? Apparently it's a paid for subscription, but it's not available in the UK, but I seen to be able to view all the episodes on standard youtube
    Last edited by Brighty; 6th May 2018 at 23:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Just finished ep2, very good so far, the window cleaning bit made me chuckle.
    What's this youtube red all about? Apparently it's a paid for subscription, but it's not available in the UK, but I seen to be able to view all the episodes on standard youtube
    I have started watching as well. First 2 episodes are very good so far. If I remember rightly that even in the movies Jonny came good in the end, apologised and gave him
    the trophy.

It seems at the moment that what goes around, comes around!

Also able to watch this You Tube Red for free in Germany but it does say at the end that you have 30 days free so will need to watch the rest pretty quickly!

Master
    How's this youtube red stuff work?

Just watched the first episode it looks great 👍.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpsz008 View Post
    How's this youtube red stuff work?
    As I understand it it's a subscription based streaming service similar to Amazon Prime, Netflix etc. (see here). The service doesn't seem to be available in the UK yet but the content is; I've just looked and YouTube appears to be charging £1.89 per episode from #3 onwards.

Journeyman
    Bugger! - just watched 1 and 2 and now being asked to cough up for 3 onwards!

Craftsman
    This is great, saw it a few years ago and it built on my own feelings well.

I didn't ever want to be Daniel when I was younger, I wanted to be Johnny the anti hero.
    Thats why this is one of the best youtube videos ever :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMND_CBUNkY

Here's another another interesting YouTube video that makes you pause to think about the conflict between Daniel and Johnny in light of the release of Cobra Kai:

The Karate Kid: Daniel is the REAL bully

It's a all a bit geeky I know and I only stumbled across it whilst searching for the Cobra Kai trailer after I first heard about it on Facebook; I thought it was just fictitious clickbait at first, a bit like the fake Back to the Future IV trailer that did the rounds.

To be honest I wouldn't even say I was THAT crazy about Karate Kid, sure I've seen the original trilogy multiple times and wouldn't touch the Hilary Swank/Jaden Smith iterations with a barge pole but I wouldn't class myself as a fan in the same way that I'm a fan of Back to the Future or Star Wars.

However, I think the fact that this series was so unexpected is what makes it so awesome, that and the complete subversion of the established plotline; or at least the way we look at it, has made for a winning formula.

Roll on season 2!

First 2 episodes really enjoyable.

Master
    OH MY...WHAT AN ENDING!

Just finished watching the season finale, all 10 episodes in little over 24 hours though the 30 minute runtime helped.

Can't wait for season 2!
    Last edited by MST; 7th May 2018 at 14:39.

Craftsman
    My sentiments exactly.

Obviously cant say too much here because of the spoilers. But it was awesome :)

OH MY...WHAT AN ENDING!

Just finished watching the season finale, all 10 episodes in little over 24 hours though the 30 minute runtime helped.

Can't wait for season 2!