closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Groundhog Day ZEX style

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Your right - I dont think I will......

I suspect that the ZEX will now be rendered redundant..................
    Stunning

This is exactly what I've been looking to do for a while now. In the meantime, I'm on my third ZEX

Can I ask where you sourced the 14270? I'm waiting for the right one to come along but nothing's hit the spot yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Stunning

This is exactly what I've been looking to do for a while now. In the meantime, I'm on my third ZEX

Can I ask where you sourced the 14270? I'm waiting for the right one to come along but nothing's hit the spot yet.
    After a number of failed attempts at private deals I gave up, paid the premium and went to Watchfinder.

Ive used them before when I bought a Speedmaster and found the service good.

They called me the other day to check my wrist dimensions so that they could size the bracelet prior to dispatch. It fits perfectly.

I think that I will move the ZEX on now as its likely just to sit in a draw unused......

After a number of failed attempts at private deals I gave up, paid the premium and went to Watchfinder.

Ive used them before when I bought a Speedmaster and found the service good.

They called me the other day to check my wrist dimensions so that they could size the bracelet prior to dispatch. It fits perfectly.

I think that I will move the ZEX on now as its likely just to sit in a draw unused......
    Thanks. Yes, Watchfinder's prices are a bit rich but, as you say, maybe I'll have to bite the bullet

Thanks. Yes, Watchfinder's prices are a bit rich but, as you say, maybe I'll have to bite the bullet
    I think that I bought the last 14270 they have available at the moment. I guess they have them coming in all of the time though.

Have you looked at Milton's website?

I think that I bought the last 14270 they have available at the moment. I guess they have them coming in all of the time though.

Have you looked at Milton's website?
    Yes, but none in stock at the moment. The previous sales were very competitively priced though so I am keeping my eye on it.

Yes, but none in stock at the moment. The previous sales were very competitively priced though so I am keeping my eye on it.
    Yes, there was a really good looking one on there a while back at just over £3K - I should have gone for it instead of dithering....

Groundhog Day ZEX style

I've had the Rolex explorer for over 10 years, I actually wear the Zex more often as I don't have to baby it.. the Rolex is mint.

I can't imagine the extra £250 will matter if you are buying the Rolex so my advice is keep the Zex too!

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    I've had the Rolex explorer for over 10 years, I actually wear the Zex more often as I don't have to baby it.. the Rolex is mint.

I can't imagine the extra £250 will matter if you are buying the Rolex so my advice is keep the Zex too!
    Cant refute your logic.

I dont intend to baby the Explorer though - its my new daily wearer.

Actually, you are quite right James - its relatively low value in the general scheme of things and although I doubt that it will get much wear I may as well hang on to it

Actually, you are quite right James - its relatively low value in the general scheme of things and although I doubt that it will get much wear I may as well hang on to it
    I still have my Everest, despite the Explorer being my daily wearer for the last year and half. I'd be happy enough to move it on, but it's the watch I got married in, so I can't bring myself to do it. Likewise with a PRS-68 that I bought to mark the occasion of my daughter's birth. In fact, I have an eight-watch storage box that's sitting half full of watches I'm never likely to wear again that's just taking up space. I should be ruthless and sell the lot!

Master
    Having owned and flipped both a 14270 and a 114270 years ago, I am quite envious of your new arrival. I still think 36mm is the perfect size for the Rolex Explorer.

Dave

Incoming

As if by magic …

A stroke of luck this one. Spotted it yesterday and the Railmaster sold last night. Like it was meant to be

Marvellous!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Master
    Comparison shot,Zex and the 1016

The Zeno look very well made, but the Rolex is so much more refined overall. Amazing how much the bezel changes the look, I assume the thinner one on the 1016 makes it wear larger?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    The Zeno look very well made, but the Rolex is so much more refined overall. Amazing how much the bezel changes the look, I assume the thinner one on the 1016 makes it wear larger?

Indeed it does but given difference in price Zeno does compare well.

Journeyman
    Nice comparison shot !

I love it ...

I love it ...
    Yes, its a beautiful thing

I am grateful to the ZEX for helping me get to it

I love it ...
    As a matter of interest, are you going to hang on to your ZEX now?

As a matter of interest, are you going to hang on to your ZEX now?
    I've got someone pestering me to sell it to them, but I quite like the differences between the two – the ZEX is obviously a 1016 homage.

I have an idea of putting the ZEX on a NATO for a dress-down option, but I don't know… I'm in no rush to get rid so we'll see. I feel that even with the Explorer in the collection, I could sell the ZEX and I'd still end up buying another down the line

What about you? Stick or twist?

Whatever I have put it in it always ends up back on the bracelet.

As regards whether it stays then I am torn. Especially after seeing that side by side comparison shot with a 1016. The 1016 is my absolute dream watch but its going to be some time if ever before I can afford one.

Yesterday I put the ZEX on with the intention of wearing it for the day. 10 minutes later it was back in the draw and I had the 14270 back on.

This is the thing, its just not different enough to wear and really there is no comparison in terms of fit, feel and appearance. I look at and can only think how much I would like a 1016 and feel unsettled. I look down at the 14270 and think - great, Ive got one.

I suspect that the ZEX will now remain untouched and only be taken out of its box every now and then to wind it - as time goes on this becoming more infrequent.

On the other hand its not as though there are thousands tied up in it.

I simply dont know!

Master
    Tempted to send a PM but we all know the only eventual winner here would be Royal Mail...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I think that I am going to move it on - theres no point it just sitting in a draw not being worn.

Master
    Unless you think may want one again ? Been there and done that 😃

I think that I am going to move it on - theres no point it just sitting in a draw not being worn.
    Sometimes less is more.