closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My week in watches.

My week in watches.

I don't normally bother to post when I buy a new watch (which is often) but I've received some pretty funky stuff this week plus I'm bored sh*tless sat at home recovering from my recent heart attack so I thought I'd share.

Move over Omega with your cartoon space dogs because here's a Vostok Amphibia with a real dog that actually went into space on the dial. Poor old Laika died on her historic journey just over 60 years ago and Vostok commerated/cashed-in on her passing with this special edition.

Next up, it's another Vostok Amphibia, but this is no ordinary Amphibia. It's actually based on this extremely rare vintage compressor:

Prices of these vintage Vosotok compressors have gone pretty mental over the last few years with decent examples hitting around £2K. Yes, that's 2 grand for a Vostok. A couple of months back a re-edition was released for a far more reasonable £200ish and here it is:

Does anyone remember (or care about) this thread I started last year? http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ou-really-want
    Well, I finally found a Raketa Avtomat for a realistic price and I am absolutely blown away by it. Without a shadow of doubt, this is by far and away the best made Russian watch I have ever laid my hands on. It absolutely oozes class and I'd personally place it slightly above the likes of Oris and Longines in terms of build quality. In-house (Raketa even make their own hair-springs) chronometer standard movement too. The waffle dial is also fantastic.

A couple of years back I bought a Tutima DI300 titanium diver from this very forum. It's been one of my favourite and most worn watches so I felt compelled to buy the Lemania 5100 titanium chronograph version. I would have preferred the gold bezelled one but I wasn't prepared to shell out the extra dough. A keeper for sure.
    With it's diver brother:

Compulsory wrist shots:

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

It's good to see that you're keeping busy

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Sorry to hear of your illness hope you fully recover keep busy with the shiny new toys

Sorry to hear about the heart attack. You seem quite sanguine about it, which is no bad thing.

Anyway, some lovely stuff in there and I especially like the Raketa Avtomat. I wonder what the 'realistic' price was

As for the others, I was unsure about the compressor when the email dropped from Meranom, but seeing an actual wrist shot has made me reconsider so I'll pop back to have a look. And the Laika's pretty cool. We took the kids to see a little play about Laika last Christmas. It was great fun, although my 6-year-old got upset at the end.

And I've been a Tutima fan for a while so obviously love the chrono. I'm quite jealous it's the titanium version as this steel thing weighs a ton:

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery

Thanks for all the best wishes. I honestly feel great right now but the doctor insists I have plenty of time off work and who am I to argue?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Anyway, some lovely stuff in there and I especially like the Raketa Avtomat. I wonder what the 'realistic' price was
    RRP is around £750 but I picked it up for less than half that. I took a chance on a dodgy eastern European eBay listing with stock pictures from a low feedback seller and I received a watch with all boxes & papers in absolutely mint condition so pretty happy with that! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Thanks for all the best wishes. I honestly feel great right now but the doctor insists I have plenty of time off work and who am I to argue?

RRP is around £750 but I picked it up for less than half that. I took a chance on a dodgy eastern European eBay listing with stock pictures from a low feedback seller and I received a watch with all boxes & papers in absolutely mint condition so pretty happy with that! :D
    A braver man than I

Master
    First of all, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Watches are terrific, especially the Raketa.

Master
    I really like that Raketa - and the Laika.. As others have said, hope your recovery goes well !

I hadn't realised that you'd had a brush with the Reaper, so best wishes for your recovery.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Thanks for posting this, I’m always interested in learning about new brands. And Tutima is a new one on me. Did some research and they seem really nice!
    Get better soon.

If you ever want to shift the Laika please let me know. From what I can see they only made 60 of them so I don't imagine they are easy to get hold of.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.