closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Big publishing news - your help has made me the success I am today!!

Big publishing news - your help has made me the success I am today!!

It's holiday season and I'm sitting by the pool reviewing the past year. It's been, well, interesting for a number of reasons

One of the high points so far has been the successful launch of "Domestic Stress" - it was read by many of you who are reading this post and, to my great surprise and delight it briefly resided at number 5022 (of over 6m titles) in the Amazon sales chart - for all of 14 minutes

I have another favour to ask - the thing that fuels Amazon's promotion engine is "Social Fuel" - the number of people who have left reviews - positive and negative.

If you have a few moments free in your schedule, could I please ask that you pop along to the Amazon page for Domestic Stress (link at the bottom of this post) and leave a review - it doesn't have to be five stars, unless you feel it warrants that many, but a few words and an honest opinion would be very well appreciated. I do believe that you can even leave a review if you haven't bought the book, but like the free sample - that would, of course, be a bit naughty and only an option for those who are a little edgy!

Funnily enough, one of my earlier books only got a four star review from my own mother! Thanks Mum!

And thank you too!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Domestic-St...=walker+browne

Quote Originally Posted by dickbrowne View Post

Funnily enough, one of my earlier books only got a four star review from my own mother! Thanks Mum!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Domestic-St...=walker+browne
    Hilarious!!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the sun for the next few days and am hoping to delve into your book further Richard. You are a talented writer, well done!

<blush> thank Dave - the writing is the most fun in my opinion, everything that happens afterwards seems like work (marketing, promotion, that sort of thing) or signing a pact with the devil (trying to find a publisher or agent who will even find the time to send a rejection note!)

Enjoy the writing mate, it's the best bit, I'm well into book two of the series and it's taking me to places I hadn't even dreamt of (well, currently, the story is set in Bradford, but you get the idea!)

I hope you enjoy reading it in the sun too - I have a copy here with me in Provence which I'm reading for pleasure for the first time!

Master
    There you go, ordered my copy!
    The blurb sounds interesting. A bit Tom Holt like.

I can see your order! There was only one sale yesterday and I would put money on it going to Glasgow :)

Thank you very much for ordering - if you have a few minutes after you've read it, I'd really appreciate hearing your thoughts - I'm far too close to be able to critique it myself, so independent thoughts are always welcome, PM is probably better if that's OK with you?

I'm on holiday this week and next and cheerfully typing dross into the next book in the series, knowing how the first one reads is actually more helpful than you may think.

Oh - Amazon reviews still needed if anybody has a few minutes!

Going on holiday soon so I’ve bought one as it does sound good , I’ll let you know cheers mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finished it a few days ago, a good read in the Florida sun.
    I’ll leave a review soon.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I liked the back cover blurb - ordered my copy - on a bit of a reading spree at the
    moment

cheers

matt