closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: mac book pro help

Master

mac book pro help

A friend has bought a s/h Mac book pro for his niece- it came with no OS but I have successfully loaded Loin on from a USB
    Its saying now there are no updates which obviously is incorrect as its a 2011 machine
    Im a real Mac dummie so any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

You may have installed the last version of Lion that was available and so there are no updates for that particular OS. However, if you sign in with your Apple ID and open the app store, you should be able to find newer versions of the OS to upgrade the MacBook with.

You may need to Install ElCapitan. Then if you decide to move to High Sierra, the Mac App Store will work as expected

Blog Entries
    Be mindful of the limitations that came with the current batch of Apple OSX operating systems (10.11xx and upwards). The are dependant on having a listed, support GPU.

It's also worth noting that, if you have a Mac which has one of the later versions installed you can create a USB install. It's a pretty simple process and cuts out a load of hassle with downloads. Just do a quick trawl of Google and you'll see what I mean.

Master
    Thanks all - it’s now up and running after creating a Sierra bootable usb and resetting