closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC - 27-July-2018

Blog Entries

Cool SOTC - 27-July-2018

Time for an update I think as there have been a few ins and outs from my little collection recently. Some have been and gone in between so I won't mention those. So without further ado here are some pictures - no particular order.

Omega Speedy Tuesday
    Not much introduction needed for this watch. It is the limited to 2012 edition with reverse panda and various other cosmetic changes from the standard speedy pro, all brushed case, for example. I have it on an Omega NATO black and grey accents.

Breitling Galactic Unitime SleekT
    What a mouthful for a name! This model now discontinued under the new Breitling management. The bezel is actually Tungsten for extra scratch resistance. A very simple and effective world time mechanism operated from the screw down crown that simultaneously displays the time in multiple time zones. 100m wrt means it is a true travel watch. One the strap from my Aerospace Night Mission.

Zenith El Primero XXL 03.1260.4021
    Just arrived and I am still learning about this one. It has a modified El Primero movement Calibre 4021 with wonderful gauche silver dial with multiple facets. Non-date with Reserve-du-Marche complication and chronometer, two handed (no second hand for the time). Just amazing and different from your black diver.

Patek Annual Calendar 5146J
    Gold case and hands with cream dial, this is from the Calatrava range with complications. For many reasons not leaving my collection.

Rolex Air-King-Date
    Smallest watch in my collection. My Dad's bought from new in 1978. no quick set mechanism makes it a bit tedious to get the right date but still a lovely little piece. Just waiting for 35mm to be in vogue again.

Rolex YachtMaster Steel-RoseGold
    Recent acquisition, lovely piece with classic shaped case but with modern 3135 movement. Love it!

Rolex SD4000
    No introduction needed. Unloved when in production, loved when production ended we are a fickle bunch. I loved it when it first came out, and still do - this would outlast an atomic explosion - so when doomsday comes - it may be my one and only.

Patek Aquanaut 5167A-001
    Recently acquired - so under the radar it is superb. No-one knows what it is. 6mm thick so the watch is slimmer than the closed bracelet clasp. 120m wrt and rubber strap - built for summer days - or evenings, or to be worn anytime.

Omega Speedmaster X-33 LE
    Loudest alarms on the planet - superb! Luckily I have a degree in astrophysics, so can nearly work out how to operate it and not get my PET mixed up with my MET. Mad watch - proven tech

Breitling Aerospace Night Mission
    Great holiday watch - looks good too. 100m wrt means no probs having a dunk in the pool - not so sure about the 30m Speedy X-33

And a group shot

Thanks for looking guys

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 27th July 2018 at 22:06.

Master
    Gorgeous collection and thanks for sharing. I would pick the YM and the Patek as my faves.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Cracking collection Martyn!

Journeyman
    Sd4000 is my personal favourite, but what a choice! Pleasure to look,at thanks for sharing

That Galactic looks really good on the NM strap. Awesome collection, nice Air King as well, watches with a bit of history behind them always appeal.
    J

Maybe I don’t fully understand the water resistance rating system, but I would have thought 30m was plenty’s for a dip in the pool

Great collection with some true grail pieces in there. Grats on a wonderful varied collection

Craftsman
    That is a stunning SOTC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    A perfectly balanced collection thanks for sharing.

Master
    Lovely collection Martyn. We have very similar tastes - I have owned 5 of these watches (including that actual Zenith for a while), and would like to own another 4 or them at some point I’m the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Maybe I don’t fully understand the water resistance rating system, but I would have thought 30m was plenty’s for a dip in the pool
    It is certainly contentious and after much debate seems to be marketing related. I did ask the AD if they test water resistance after a battery change for the X-33 and she said if I wanted a watch to swim in perhaps Sir would like to buy a Seamaster. The X-33 being 30m wrt is really only splash proof - which actually contradicts what is stated in their manuals. People on here have worn their C-33 swimming snorkelling, showering etc.

M

Master
    Great collection with a few proper gems in there. I’d be happy with any one of those watches on my collection.

Craftsman
    Martyn, excellent collection. Not a small collection by any means! I really love the Patel Annual Calendar.

Amazing collection. How I would love the 5146 J

An excellent collection.

I would wear the Air-King on a regular basis, regardless of whether it was considered to be in vogue. I think that the YM case is the best fitting of any of the current 40mm Professional range.

The OQ and GS(s) didn’t last long?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    An excellent collection.

I would wear the Air-King on a regular basis, regardless of whether it was considered to be in vogue. I think that the YM case is the best fitting of any of the current 40mm Professional range.

The OQ and GS(s) didn’t last long?
    No not long - they didn't quite 'fit in' and I needed to free up some cash for a Zenith CP2 that was on sale - but that went back as I have been after the X-33 solar impulse for quite a while and got at a decent price.

Craftsman
    A stunning and varied collection! Makes me want to add to my collection.

Craftsman
    Great SOTC, Thanks for sharing, I love the Patek Aquanaut, the Yachtmaster and the Breitling aerospace night mission.

Nice collection you have there. The SD and the Speedy Tuesday are my favourties.

Journeyman
    Fantastic collection there - the Breitlings looking good!
    regards
    Terje

Master
    Great collection and a good number, not too many but plenty. Looking through them the ST and the Air King stand out as classic designs to me in amongst some quite varied designs. I've a sneaky love for the NM too although I think the rrps are crazy.

Stunning..Love that Aquanaut