closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm glad you posted that, as it's quite reassuring.

When I was in my late teens/early-mid 20's we all rode bikes. I started on a CG125 and then went to a 250 Dream (both Hondas), but rode the latter without a full licence. I've not ridden a bike in earnest for 30 years, so I'm approaching this exercise as a complete beginner.

With regard to capacity, he one thing at the back of my mind is that engines perform differently at low revs; whilst I accept the point that a very linear power delivery can overcome this I still think that a slightly smaller engine used to it's potential may well be preferable to a bigger engine not. I'm hoping that some test rides will shed more light on that, though.
    I'm glad it's helped. I'm fully subscribed to the thread and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Be safe, good luck.

Joedy

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Tony, you are on such an exciting journey. Enjoy all the test rides and let us know how you get on. To avoid inappropriate additional recommendations, it might help to know your budget.
    BTW, if you thinking of going the adventure bike route, try the new BMW F850GS. I am seriously thinking of chopping my underused RR for one in the Autumn, for a bit of greenlaning.
    Last edited by Skyman; 10th August 2018 at 18:23. Reason: Corrected model ref!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    I'm glad it's helped. I'm fully subscribed to the thread and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Be safe, good luck.

Joedy
    Thanks Joedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Tony, you are on such an exciting journey. Enjoy all the test rides and let us know how you get on. To avoid inappropriate additional recommendations, it might help to know your budget.
    Good question, but I don't have a specific number in mind. Given that I'll have to spend about a grand on a helmet and insurance (I've been a closet biker my whole life so have a wardrobe full of jackets ), I suppose I'd like to keep the bike cost to around £6-6.5k ideally,; then again I'd stretch that to anything under £10k for the right bike, or buy used if that made more sense.