closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

I didn’t drop my bike during a quite protracted DAS course. Heard all the cautionary tales about how I would drop it at some point once I’d passed.

Didn’t stop me getting a nice shiny bike which I promptly dropped twice in my first month.

First was fairly unavoidable riding towards a section of residential road that suddenly narrowed and became a one-way street in my direction. Car was coming down it which forced me to take a right turn over a brow of a hill with an adverse camber on it. Didn’t carry enough momentum into the turn and promptly came off at 3mph. Bruised ego and a new valve cover were the only prices to pay.

Second time was sat in my garage. Wheeled the bike away from the ground anchor and put it on the stand. Got on and somehow dropped it when taking it off the stand. I was quite tired after some night shifts so learned a second valuable lesson about staying off the bike when tired.

I don’t think you necessarily need to buy a wrecker as your first bike but just keep some money aside (or in my case some valve covers) for when you do drop it. You’ll probs not be able to sleep at night thinking about that scratch on the clutch lever or the gouged bar end.

Master
    I’ve fallen off outside the garage when bike was due it’s first MOT :(

I’m putting that down to a diesel or oil spill but bike was perfect when I set off and I was only sat on it to save pushing it out of the parking space.

Didn’t know if to laugh or cry (I cried, like a baby).

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post

Second time was sat in my garage. Wheeled the bike away from the ground anchor and put it on the stand. Got on and somehow dropped it when taking it off the stand.
    I remember being told by a veteran biker when showing them one of my bikes that was oddly parked in the garage “always approach a bike from the sidestand side” it makes good sense.

I don’t remember my low speed drops but definitely had a couple as I was getting used to things and I remember one of my friends dropping an almost brand new 1100 who was a very experienced biker so weight and circumstances can catch anyone out. As I said if my jeans hadn’t torn I would have fallen as I simply couldn’t put my foot down but the bike had gone past the point of no return.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I remember being told by a veteran biker when showing them one of my bikes that was oddly parked in the garage “always approach a bike from the sidestand side” it makes good sense.

I don’t remember my low speed drops but definitely had a couple (and a few near misses) as I was getting used to things and I remember one of my friends dropping an almost brand new 1100 who was a very experienced biker so weight and circumstances can catch anyone out. As I said if my jeans hadn’t torn I would have fallen as I simply couldn’t put my foot down but the bike had gone past the point of no return.