Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
Fair enough, John, and I take your point with regard to seat height (my inside leg is 30.5", by the way, so I do need to be careful in that regard).

I have my CBT tomorrow, and will then go straight into my theory tests. After that, my intention is to book a week of training to follow straight on, followed by the Mod 1 and Mod 2 tests. If I were to pass everything first time (which obviously remains to be seen), I'm hoping that it will be done and dusted within a month. I did ride for quite a few years when I was much younger, albeit nothing larger than a 250. I'm hoping that'll be a bit of a foundation now, as I won't have the nervousness of a complete novice.
Good luck with everything. The theory test is very easy. There are practice questions on the DVSA website that you can rehearse the night before.

The only frustration with the MOD tests is that you need 3 clear working days should you fail one, which will interrupt your plans somewhat if you fail sequentially like I did...

We have the same inside leg, so you certainly wouldn't struggle with the standard R9T. FWIW I had more trouble reaching the ground on the SV650 DAS bike than I do on my own machine.