closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Old and new

Master

Old and new

Just received my PAM 720, which may be considered to be just too similar to the 232. Wondered what the great WISdom of the forum would think.
    Pics posted below. The 232 is on an aftermarket strap, and I really don't like the OEM strap on the 720, so please ignore he straps. Anyway, pics.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    And wrist shots
    Last edited by Robsmck; 24th August 2018 at 17:47.

Craftsman
    Nice comparison. Overall I think I like the new one except from the texts on the dial.

Not sure which is which but I think they are different enough to be in the same collection. For me the version with the larger text, blue hands (?) and darker lume works for me. (I would swop the straps though) Both are very nice, I had a quick look at Radiomirs this afternoon.

Master
    Should have said. 720 is on the right in the first pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Not sure which is which but I think they are different enough to be in the same collection. For me the version with the larger text, blue hands (?) and darker lume works for me. (I would swop the straps though) Both are very nice, I had a quick look at Radiomirs this afternoon.

Craftsman
    I like panerai watches but find this model a bit plain and bland .I prefer models with at least running seconds

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    I like panerai watches but find this model a bit plain and bland .I prefer models with at least running seconds

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app
    Not sure I agree but each to their own.

Is this more to your liking then?

My 190

I love the Radiomir and often think it sits unfairly in the shadow of the Luminor.

Beautiful watches OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the Radiomir, miss the 380 I had. They wear so well for their size, and I’d prefer no running seconds personally.

Master
    For me, apart from the fact they are both the 47mm Rad case, they are two distinctly different watches.

Movement, hands, crystal/plexi, dial colour, text and font, lume. They are different as day is night.

I'll have the 232 back or would be happy with the 720, whichever one you don't want, BUT, I do think there is room is your collection for both.

I do however want, and will have i hope, a 190.

Master
    Don't forget one has a display back., the other solid.

I’m not a Panerai guy, so to some extent they all look quite alike to me, but whilst they are both very nice watches, the 720 is by far my pick of the two.

Lovely domed crystal, which looks in better ratio size-wise to the case; more suitable hand-set, with the interest-factor of being blued steel; aged-looking lume; nicer crown profile; warmer dial; and I love a display case-back.

Normally, I’d deem the dial text as being too big, but it somehow works ok here.

The 232 is such a classic Panerai LE. Maybe even one of the last of that era? I love it and the only reason I don't own one is size. Love my 190 which I got instead.

However one factor - my 190 needs a service soon and that will likely cost a fortune, those JLC movements aren't easy to service. The ETA 232 makes servicing a cinch which is a bonus in my eye compared with a Panerai in house movement.

Can’t beat a titanium 177 :)

IMG_0035.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mathif View Post
    Can’t beat a titanium 177 :)

IMG_0035.JPG

Bette quality

IMG_0035.JPG

Craftsman
    I love Panerai but from photos they look 90% the same .
    In the flesh maybe not.
    I have a Pam 1213 that has a dark blue strap with cream stitching that compliments the blue second hand .
    The watch with blue hands would look even better with a similar strap .
    Taste is so personal though .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Lovely pair Rob, as a 232 owner the one thing that lets it down is a lack of a domed crystal and the 720 did interest me. Not sure on the thickness of the case back and the jury is out for me on the size of the text though.

Lovely pics. I’ve always been a big Radiomir fan and the 190 was a grail for a while but I could never get the cash/timing right. FWIW I bought a 268 and have loved it for years- it’s recently required a service and as it’s an ‘in-house’ Panerai movement, a full service was £500.00.
    Great watches and because of the wire lugs a better fit than their size would imply

Master
    I totally agree about the radiomir wearing smaller due to the lugs. I have a 587 radiomir 1940 and it wears much bigger than the wire lug models. A 47mm luminor wears even bigger IMHO.

Last edited by Robsmck; 1st September 2018 at 12:50.