closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gorillaz G-shock

Master

Gorillaz G-shock

It seems the gorillaz are teaming up with Casio in an effort to sell more G-shocks.

The model is: DW-5600BB. Looks alright.

Don't think that's the actual watch. They haven't released it yet.

Looking forward to it though
    Last edited by acg; 4th October 2018 at 19:38.

Yes that’s just the standard watch in those pics (I have one, they’re nice).

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Yes that’s just the standard watch in those pics (I have one, they’re nice).
    Does this model have a screw back? I like the plain look of this .

Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Does this model have a screw back? I like the plain look of this .
    It doesn't. It's the DW-5600BB. https://www.casio-europe.com/euro/pr...dw-5600bb-1er/

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    Thanks .

Nothing new there either

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Nothing new there either
    Yea I don't think it's the ones on the bottom of the Reddit link. One of those slow burners. Hopefully something interesting...

A question for those in the know about G-shocks. I'm finding that I have trouble reading the time on my 5000-1JF unless I have my readers on, which kind of defeats the object of wearing a watch.

I was wondering if a negative display would be easier to read and if so, is there a similar 5000 model or are they all 5600 only? And is there a multi-band solar with neg display?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    A question for those in the know about G-shocks. I'm finding that I have trouble reading the time on my 5000-1JF unless I have my readers on, which kind of defeats the object of wearing a watch.

I was wondering if a negative display would be easier to read and if so, is there a similar 5000 model or are they all 5600 only? And is there a multi-band solar with neg display?
    If you're having some bother with the positive displays, I would not recommend a negative version. Even the newer ones, like the 5600-HR which are a little easier to read in my opinion, than the older GWM-5610 in negative (which is slightly smaller in any case than the 5600s) can be tricky.

Original negative 5000s are very expensive and impossible to find, as there were very few made. The newer GW-5035A-1 a 35th anniversary model also commands high prices, north of £450 and would I suspect also be tricky.

Maybe go for a larger watch, there are some excellent G's and also the digi-Tunas which are negative but have larger numerals.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    If you're having some bother with the positive displays, I would not recommend a negative version. Even the newer ones, like the 5600-HR which are a little easier to read in my opinion, than the older GWM-5610 in negative (which is slightly smaller in any case than the 5600s) can be tricky.

Original negative 5000s are very expensive and impossible to find, as there were very few made. The newer GW-5035A-1 a 35th anniversary model also commands high prices, north of £450 and would I suspect also be tricky.

Maybe go for a larger watch, there are some excellent G's and also the digi-Tunas which are negative but have larger numerals.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the info.

I don't really need the 5000 but it is a fantastic watch and I do like wearing it. I can read it, just not at a glance – it takes a few seconds to squint into focus. I was hoping a neg display might stand out more but seemingly not.

Since selling my analogue Tuna I have been thinking about a digi version. I'll have to investigate further.

Being announced at 1930 tonight apparently.

And probably sold out soon after

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Being announced at 1930 tonight apparently.

And probably sold out soon after
    Nothing yet...

Nothing too exciting

Black GX-56 king is cool, at 149GBP.

Others 5600 at 109 GBP.
    Last edited by pastrana72; 24th October 2018 at 21:14.

Anyone manage to get one? Registered for the "Murdoch" green one, site crashed, got an email saying had priority as pre registered, but still couldn't get one!

Master
    Blog Entries
    You can keeps the Gorillaz ones, I’ll have one of these instead please (there is zero chance of me getting one )