closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch purchase Goals for 2019

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I disagree Ally, in all honesty the white dial SS Zenith Daytona that I had was far nicer than the Ceramic Daytona and the Porcelain dial was even better. At the time the Aquanaut was also viewed as a step up from a Daytona. So having been there, done that, how can I be labled as a wannabe.

I love my current Steinhart Vintage Red, but remember when I joined this forum my introduction watch was a Mark 3 DRSD, which logically is the height of my collecting if anything.

An £18k watch, which is now probably a £30k+ watch requires insurance, servicing, a safe to keep it in etc. A watch that looks similar, but is a few hundred quid makes perfect sense on many levels. Most of the 40mm Sports Rolex are too small for me, I prefer those extra 2mm.
    Nicely put. If anybody can say, 'been there, tried that, learned something from the experience', you can.

A Precista PRS-3LE in either blue or yellow, a Seiko SPB053, maybe a Smiths Air Ministry, and the upcoming Smiths chronograph with white dial, at which point I might just knock this whole daft game on the head.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

2019 goals for me are either a NOS 18k WG Sky Dweller on leather or if I save longer and harder, a PP 5960 in WG.

Should be fun either way