timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The problem with drones.

Master
    Man and woman arrested :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...gland-46657505

Good. Now throw the book at them

What’s the betting that there is still a huge amount of people arriving at Gatwick for flights - with no food or water with them, and will expect to be catered for, and then post on social media about getting ‘stranded’ ?

People have become pathetic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    What’s the betting that there is still a huge amount of people arriving at Gatwick for flights - with no food or water with them, and will expect to be catered for, and then post on social media about getting ‘stranded’ ?

People have become pathetic.
    Well if you are transiting through you won’t be able to carry any liquid with you . And I don’t think its unreasonable to turn up at a major airport like Gatwick and expect to be able to buy a drink and something to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Well if you are transiting through you won’t be able to carry any liquid with you . And I don’t think its unreasonable to turn up at a major airport like Gatwick and expect to be able to buy a drink and something to eat.
    Lack of either won’t kill them, not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    Man and woman arrested :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...gland-46657505

Good. Now throw the book at them

Er.... innocent until proved guilty?
    Then throw the book at them. ;)
    Last edited by dkpw; 22nd December 2018 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He he, I smell arrse
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    He he, I smell arrse

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    That horse alongside with its sibling Due Process bolted back in March when guilty party was announced by the PM before even investigation started, so don't be so harsh on the people who are learning from the best.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

LOL
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    That horse alongside with its sibling Due Process bolted back in March when guilty party was announced by the PM before even investigation started, so don't be so harsh on the people who are learning from the best.
    Slowly but surely you keep trying to push the G&D chair to the edge of the Bear Pit...

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Slowly but surely you keep trying to push the G&D chair to the edge of the Bear Pit...
    Just an observation on innocent until proven guilty comment above mine. Clearly some innocent are more innocent than others. A very dangerous pass if you ask me.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Correct, painfully obvious.

Crack on Vlad - not long for you here if you keep pushing.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Not like he hasn't been warned.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Correct, painfully obvious.

Crack on Vlad - not long for you here if you keep pushing.
    Is it what Eddie told you Chris or it's just your wishful thinking?

Once again, a fellow member posted about innocent until proven guilty notion which was held in utter contempt by the head of the current minority coalition government in March. That's a fair comment to elloborate on innit. Do you like facts or prefer to bathe in your own ignorance and misgivings?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Is it what Eddie told you Chris or it's just your wishful thinking?

Once again, a fellow member posted about innocent until proven guilty notion which was held in utter contempt by the head of the current minority coalition government in March. That's a fair comment to elloborate on innit. Do you like facts or prefer to bathe in your own ignorance and misgivings?
    Neither comrade.

You are annexed by your own unaided efforts.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

A true fighter for his master. Night night.

Unlike others, I'm my own master and not in the habit of idolising other men - #basta is the prime example and soooo funny as the chap turned out to be a wife beater lolz..

I have a theory though that slavery, which is a terrible thing, has affected not only the poor people who were taken by shiploads to work for their masters but also the culture of slavedrivers who think that their opinion is the only one which is is right and who feel that they can tell others what to do. Truly disgusting.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Fair enough

Unlike others, I'm my own master and not in the habit of idolising other men - #basta is the prime example and soooo funny as the chap turned out to be a wife beater lolz..

I have a theory though that slavery, which is a terrible thing, has affected not only the poor people who were taken by shiploads to work for their masters but also the culture of slavedrivers who think that their opinion is the only one which is is right and who feel that they can tell others what to do. Truly disgusting.
    I'm off for Christmas as well but I'd recommend not drinking every day.

Yeah, you might have posted that in the wrong thread.

What’s the agenda today? Misinformation? Sow the seeds of discontent? Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I'm off for Christmas as well but I'd recommend not drinking every day.
    Thanks for not suggesting I'm on drugs, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Yeah, you might have posted that in the wrong thread.

What’s the agenda today? Misinformation? Sow the seeds of discontent? Poison.
    The usual, I shall be following my fellow forum members around the forum uncovering their hidden agendas and exposing their dastardly deeds before nurses take away my laptop.

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Thanks for not suggesting I'm on drugs, appreciated.

No problem - all joking aside - have a good Christmas.

"A man and woman arrested in connection with drone sightings that closed Gatwick Airport have been released without charge.

The 47-year-old man and 54-year-old woman were arrested on Friday night on suspicion of "the criminal use of drones"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 23rd December 2018 at 12:37.

"A man and woman arrested in connection with drone sightings that closed Gatwick Airport have been released without charge.

The 47-year-old man and 54-year-old woman were arrested on Friday night on suspicion of "the criminal use of drones"."

Gosh who'd have thought? Stand down the lynch mob. :-)

Craftsman

and are no longer suspects. looks like another Christopher Jefferies playing out. Daily Mail had gone big time with photos from social media, pictures of their home, interviewing family members etc.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gatwick Airport Limited has offered a £50,000 reward through Crimestoppers for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible

Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    and are no longer suspects. looks like another Christopher Jefferies playing out. Daily Mail had gone big time with photos from social media, pictures of their home, interviewing family members etc.
    I thought of the Jefferies case - I'm not sure what detective work went into this as it seems his Albi was that em... He was at work.

Meanwhile another case of mistaken identity at Gatwick

Master
    Police release a picture of another suspect after the same informer had another go.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    Police release a picture of another suspect after the same informer had another go.

I see the informer seems to have got better info this time...

The latest theory from the Police is that em... maybe there wasn't a drone...

The latest theory from the Police is that em... maybe there wasn't a drone...
    Until they found one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Until they found one.

Or just happened to stumble upon one

Was there any news that the government wanted to be buried over the past week? The Gatwich drone story took the spotlight away from Brexit, US troop removals in Syria and possibly Afghanistan, a serious drop in the value of shares...

The police needed to be seen to be acting upon this threat, they took the info from the tip-off and ran with it as they had nothing else.

I think a few newspapers will be contacting their legal teams, I also believe Mr Piers Morgan has now made an apology on twitter.
    Last edited by pcworks; 23rd December 2018 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    Or just happened to stumble upon one

Was there any news that the government wanted to be buried over the past week? The Gatwich drone story took the spotlight away from Brexit, US troop removals in Syria and possibly Afghanistan, a serious drop in the value of shares...

The police needed to be seen to be acting upon this threat, they took the info from the tip-off and ran with it as they had nothing else.

I think a few newspapers will be contacting their legal teams, I also believe Mr Piers Morgan has now made an apology on twitter.
    £85,000,000 cut to public health spending?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    that looks a likely candidate, they wouldn't want that as the lead story on the BBC news, government MPs and spokesmen delayed from going on Christmas recess. Wouldn't want that would we.

No problem - all joking aside - have a good Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you too buddy. And I mean it.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

The problem with drones...

They can invalidate the warranty on your vehicle:

Nothing invalidates technical's warranty like AGM-114, not to mention life insurance of the occupants. Well, perhaps apart from BGM71 or 9M113 if one can get their grabby mitts on one, or so I hear.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman

Earl of Wussix will be having one of them !

So the CC of Sussex police has said that some of the drone sightings might have been police drones looking for drones...

Master
    You can only enforce licensing and registration if nobody is allowed to sell any type of drone to an unlicensed person, and the sale has to be registered to some national database. Meaning similar laws as for firearms. That may be unfortunate for all the kids who want to play with cheap drones controlled fro their smartphones, but so be it. I know the aeronautical authorities are getting regulation headaches from drones, both on national and European levels.
    Already some three years ago, during a trianing conference for ballooning instructors, one of the questions was 'Who amongst us has already suffered a drone attack on their balloon?'
    Most drones have fast-spinning unprotected propellers that could do a lot of harm when hitting a person, or chew up lightweight materials such as balloon fabric, parasails etc.
    Drones when used correctly are very useful to obtain images than can not otherwise be obtained - farmers use them to observe their fields and even to seed or distribute pellets of anti-parasitic agents (i.e. good insects eating bad ones) in fiels without needing to walk or drive through them and damaging crops. Professional film makers can shoot magnificent scenes from drones, and they can be used to inspect high structures like bridges and towers for damage. Et cetera et cetera. But in the hands of untrained amateurs they can easily become a nuisance and a danger. See Gatwick and the above question from balloonists. For me as a balloon pilot drones are a serious potential risk.

Ker Ching! I'm wondering if we'll see SFO getting all hot and bothered in a couple of years down the line? Just a thought.

Heathrow and Gatwick invest millions in anti-drone technology

London airports purchase equipment in wake of incidents that caused around 1,000 flights to be grounded

The UK’s largest airports are set to spend millions of pounds on anti-drone equipment, the Guardian understands, as they seek to protect themselves from future attacks like that which grounded about 1,000 flights into and out of Gatwick airport during the Christmas period.
    The country’s two busiest hubs – London’s Heathrow and Gatwick – have brought in their own military-grade anti-drone apparatus. The owners of both airports invested millions of pounds in the equipment after about 140,000 passengers were affected by the unprecedented disruption to Gatwick.

Drone Dome system is capable of tracking the devices from as far as six miles away. As well as being able to sever communications with the operator, some models can also destroy the drones using a laser beam. The model reportedly procured by the UK military does not have such a capability.
    According to the Times, a spokesman for the system’s manufacturer, Rafael, confirmed that there had been significant interest in the product from various authorities in the UK and in other nations, but declined to confirm whether Gatwick had bought one.
    LINKY
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

^^^
    Looks like they might need to use it...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    ^^^
    Looks like they might need to use it...
    Just seen the news about Heathrow... not this again

Grand Master
    I know what I’d be doing right now if I was the lead contractor for the supply of anti drone measures being procured for Gatwick!!!!!
    RIAC

I know what I’d be doing right now if I was the lead contractor for the supply of anti drone measures being procured for Gatwick!!!!!
    Cut prices?