closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 'Producer Michael' Buys $150,000 of watches for his friends..

'Producer Michael' Buys $150,000 of watches for his friends..

Sorry if this guy has been mentioned on here before but this is new territory for me, stumbled across this guy and his videos... WOW.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's the current requirement to get on the list for the Daytona I believe.

Ive seen it. Was quite enjoyable till he said he wanted the cheaper one for top exec because it still looked more expensive. He has quite the personal watch collection also - albeit a complete blingfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    That's the current requirement to get on the list for the Daytona I believe.
    Interesting that Essential Watches started out selling watches on eBay and just grew from there, must have some well heeled clientele.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've watched a few of his videos, all the time thinking why am I doing this - it's just a very odd record producing expat showing off his wealth in the worst possible taste!

He reminded me a bit of Java on steroids.
    Last edited by Thewatchbloke; 6th January 2019 at 11:22. Reason: typo!

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I've watched a few of his videos, all the time thinking why am I doing this - it's just a very odd record producing expat showing off his wealth in the worst possible taste!

He reminded me a bit Java on steroids.
    His vids are my guilty pleasure

"I'm too sexy for this shirt, too sexy for this shirt so sexy it huuurts"

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post

He reminded me a bit Java on steroids.
    Ah so that’s how the music industry cogs get greased, I watched (mesmerised I might add) and in a strange way can see how addictive this media becomes to people in showing how much money they have accrued, even though they have some strange ideas on what it’s all about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    The weird thing is, he’s quite likeable. A northern Brit who got lucky in LA and loves all the bling.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The weird thing is, he’s quite likeable. A northern Brit who got lucky in LA and loves all the bling.
    He’s very likeable and appreciative of what he has too

Craftsman
    I must admit I've wathced a few of his videos and I just find him bit of an odd character. Clearly a massive fan of watches but he always comes across completely clueless about a lot of the wathces he encounters. Jaco&Co seem to be his favourite brand and he has a couple (yes a couple!) of variants of teh Jacob&Co Astronomia watch.

I think his lack of watch knowledge has caught him out ocassionally as a couple of his watches have been exposed as fakes on instagram by the likes of writsbuster etc. Clearly not intentional on his part but embarassing nonetheless.

What I find rather endearing about him is that he tries so hard to be "cool", fails miserably, but finds it quite funny. I think underneath it all, he's a nice guy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    I must admit I've wathced a few of his videos and I just find him bit of an odd character. Clearly a massive fan of watches but he always comes across completely clueless about a lot of the wathces he encounters. Jaco&Co seem to be his favourite brand and he has a couple (yes a couple!) of variants of teh Jacob&Co Astronomia watch.

I think his lack of watch knowledge has caught him out ocassionally as a couple of his watches have been exposed as fakes on instagram by the likes of writsbuster etc. Clearly not intentional on his part but embarassing nonetheless.
    Interesting about the fake thing. Doesn’t surprise me at all as I look at some of the iced out royal oaks or Rolex celebs have and they often look terrible.

I’m pretty certain what a lot of dealers do is have aftermarket dials put on, cover them in diamonds and sell the originals. As you can see from this type of video he doesn’t exactly inspect them very closely and they seem to just take people’s word for it as they’re in a ‘good store’

Can’t think who’s it was (May have been mayweather) but I say a pic close up of a Royal Oak recently that was diamond encrusted and the sub dials and hands looked like something from the Argos catalogue (or worse)

Craftsman
    He does come across as a nice enough chap, however his choice of watches are just not my thing. He had a Rolex GMT with an aftermarket Baguette diamond bezel that looked like it came from Argos. He does have a thing for Richard Mille and Jacob & Co. Each to their own-he has the wealth, fair play to him, he can spend it how he likes.

Watched a few of his videos and I agree he comes as a nice guy.
    Another good one is the Jewlers in Beverley Hills,where the guy who owns it was Elizabeth Taylors business partner. Some lovely items there including a one off from Breguet!

I would also like to confess to watching Producer Michael’s channel. Very enjoyable viewing but I’m not quite sure why. He seems to be a genuinely nice bloke.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 6th January 2019 at 16:09.

Master
    He seems a nice chap, but that dealer took advantage.... since when would you pay more for a black Daytona than a White??

Good to see the watches there that have taken a hit too, $30k for the Zenith Daytona seems a lot for having the sub dials in different places lol, Seth must have a digital photo memory and a good watchmaker on the firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    Watched a few of his videos and I agree he comes as a nice guy.
    Another good one is the Jewellers in Beverley Hills,where the guy who owns it was Elizabeth Taylor's business partner. Some lovely items there including a one off from Breguet!
    Good to know also that the 'syndicate' have 700 pieces of Picasso's pottery in storage. and FTFY ^^^^^

Craftsman
    Comedy video ! A bloke dressed like my Nan , prob goes to the same hairdressers ..
    Another bloke who sells Zeenith watches and Patik
    And gets all his watches bagged up in a crappy plastic bag and left to walk out into the street with 150k of watches that split the cheap bag and end up all over the sidewalk ...

PM Adam is that camera running?

ADAM 5 grand

Craftsman
    I couldn’t take my eyes off his dodgy Barnet, that’s almost Trump level of combover !!!

He is buying $15k-$40k watches without even looking them over. In contrast I spent a week watching YouTube videos and reading articles before deciding to buy a £150 Seiko. 😂

He's a cool guy but his taste in watches is kinda bad. He likes all those blingy pieces with diamonds. I guess if you got tons of money why not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Master
    Personally I could not care if the man bought 20 diamond encrusted Rolex, linked them up together and wore them as a necklace.

He can spend his money anyway he wants and I wish I was as clever as he must be.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    I couldn’t take my eyes off his dodgy Barnet, that’s almost Trump level of combover !!!
    It’s clearly a hair piece, and a poor one.

I watch a lot of his videos, comes across as quite eccentric, and likeable.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Personally I could not care if the man bought 20 diamond encrusted Rolex, linked them up together and wore them as a necklace.

He can spend his money anyway he wants and I wish I was as clever as he must be.
    Odd how you relate being clever to the obvious road to wealth .

Master
    Well I’m going to buck the trend and say he’s a vulgar bellend.

'I need another cheap one...'

Master
    Blog Entries
    He treads a fine line in my view. His taste is gash but maybe it fits his Bel Air environment or is a deliberate thing so you d always remember him.

Watching a video about LOADSAMONEY!!! would normally make me resent the vlogger but I find him very genuine and likeable.

More a pillock than an a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Well I’m going to buck the trend and say he’s a vulgar bellend.
    This

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    I'm still not 100% convinced it's not a syrup. May be wrong though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    I'm still not 100% convinced it's not a syrup. May be wrong though.
    Yes how many people try to have their hair styled to look like a Syrup?!

Craftsman
    I'm not sure. In some ways i like this bloke, in other ways i see him as a dick, but mostly i find it a bit depressing (as it's making me question my interest in watches in general).

Craftsman
    That was entertaining. A bit of frivolity.

I couldn't give a hoot as to whether any wigs were shown.

I also watch some of his videos. Although I like some of the stuff he says I don't think I'd ever wear the majority of the watches he owns, even if money was not an issue. There's a video showing his wardrobe and again, not a single piece of cloth I'd wear.

I'd like a boss who appreciated my work and bought me a Rolex. BUT I'd much prefer it if he or she said, you've got up to £X to spend, here's the catalogue, let me know what you like, rather than buy me a watch they thought I might like. I wonder if the person who got the "low end" one appreciates the gesture, having seen the video?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    He seems a nice chap, but that dealer took advantage.... since when would you pay more for a black Daytona than a White??
    The black dial 116520s are usually priced higher than the white dial. Opposite for the 116500 as the white is priced higher than the black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Don’t mind the guy he’s quite the character. Not keen on some of his blinged out stuff though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I liked it when he asked for a price on the Gold AP Royal Oak the dealer said $32K, and when asked again a minute later he said 34, no wait a minute 33. What?

Craftsman
    This guy has been exposed for having countless fakes and also borrowing genuine watches from others to stunt for the gram

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    This guy has been exposed for having countless fakes and also borrowing genuine watches from others to stunt for the gram

Are you sure?

Pretty bold statement. Got evidence of this? I doubt it but curious to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Are you sure?

Blakey you say......?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Pretty bold statement. Got evidence of this? I doubt it but curious to see.
    From what I gather he has been 'exposed' a couple of times on Instagram by the likes of wristbuster, rolex enforcer etc. But I do not believe for one second he purchased them knowing they were fakes. He seems to like very blingey watches but know next to nothing about them so I can see how somebody could take advantage of that.
    Last edited by Gerald Genta; 7th January 2019 at 17:41.

Craftsman
    Yep. I reckon he's got pretty deep pockets and can back up his negotiations / deals struck. Perhaps just a bit naive, but when you've got that much cash you can afford to be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Not sure about the watches but he has definitely borrowed someone else's barnet.

Craftsman
    It's been discussed mate. Some suggest it's a wig, some aren't convinced. The jury's out with me.

I think he's alright. Leave him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    It's been discussed mate. Some suggest it's a wig, some aren't convinced. The jury's out with me.

I think he's alright. Leave him alone.

Keep your hair on Son

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Keep your hair on Son
    Haha. Love it!

Last edited by WillHarris2306; 8th January 2019 at 07:30.