closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies Watch Suggestions

Apprentice

Ladies Watch Suggestions

I’m planning on getting my wife a watch at some point this year and was hoping the hive mind could put forward some suggestions please.

I’m thinking something along the following lines would be to her taste:

- Steel bracelet
    - 30mm or less in size
    - MOP/White/Silver dial
    - Quartz

Budget wise, around £1k but happy to spend a little more if needed, and happy to go pre-owned too.

Thanks!

Master
    This comes up quite often and the answer is often the same. Basically for happy life = happy wife. Put any watch WIS prejudice to the side andbuy her what she likes.
    Personally I think that Longine are the masters of pretty ladies watches, Ebel 2nd hand might be a choice under a £1k I reckon.
    Most woman I know have absolutely no interest in movements so that free’s you up to go Quartz.
    My wife wanted something quite sporty but found the ladies Aqua Terra a bit dull. After doing the Omega is considered the better watch speech we got the Tag. In the process I risked knocking her opinion on what is a very nice and glitzy Tag Aqua Racer diamond set watch 30mm
    I reckon 2nd hand they’d be a grand.
    The wife still doesn’t believe the Aqua Racer can go in water btw . Lol
    Overall I’d get your wife to accompany you around 3-4 good jewellers . They should get the champagne glass out if there any good, so you can have a fun time choosing , by the time you’ve done that you’ll figure out if she prefers traditional cocktail style watch , sporty , glamorous Longine style , or big Michael Korrs style.

Gucci of some description ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    TAG ... shocking reliability

Ebel .. terrible customer support

I would echo getting her what she likes maybe a lessor know brand such as Baume Et Mercier or Oris. I have found a lot of ladies like the more dressy style of omega such as a Deville or Constellation. The Longines Hydroconquest is a nicely finished reliable watch
    Last edited by Gav; 5th May 2019 at 15:50.

Wife loves her cartier tank francaise. Could get a good used one here for not much more than that. A few on SC here earlier in the year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Integrale; 5th May 2019 at 15:46.

I would go with an Omega Constellation. Can usually be had for a little over budget in the sales, Frazer Hart currently have a 24mm MOP dial at just under £1.5k.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DC11 View Post
    I’m planning on getting my wife a watch at some point this year and was hoping the hive mind could put forward some suggestions please.

I’m thinking something along the following lines would be to her taste:

- Steel bracelet
    - 30mm or less in size
    - MOP/White/Silver dial
    - Quartz

Budget wise, around £1k but happy to spend a little more if needed, and happy to go pre-owned too.

Thanks!
    PM sent

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    Wife loves her cartier tank francaise. Could get a good used one here for not much more than that. A few on SC here earlier in the year.
    I really think that's the best possible suggestion; it's distinctive, classy and timeless. I got one for my missus years ago and she rarely takes it off.

SGR

Mrs Draft has two Constellations. She wears them more than her Rolexes.

My wife has a Rado. It didn’t leave her wrist for fifteen years until I sent it for a service a few weeks ago.

It’s back now but she’s quite taken with the Apple Watch I’ve just bought for her.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Put any watch WIS prejudice to the side andbuy her what she likes.
    Personally I think that Longine are the masters of pretty ladies watches... Most woman I know have absolutely no interest in movements so that free’s you up to go Quartz.
    This pretty much sums up my train of thought... She has no real interest in watches (has a fashion watch at the moment) but often comments that she’d like a ‘nice’ watch when she’s sees me putting on mine.

Quartz would definitely be preferable for her and, from what i’ve looked into so far, Longines are looking promising.

Thanks!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    I really think that's the best possible suggestion; it's distinctive, classy and timeless. I got one for my missus years ago and she rarely takes it off.

SGR
    Personally I love the Tank, but have a feeling she wouldn’t be overly keen on the numerals.

I think Cartier and Omega both offer excellent choices for women and is the best bang per buck while within budget in the £1 - £1.5k range. For Cartier, can consider the Ronde Solo or Tank. For Omega, the Aquaterra or Constellation as already suggested.

Master
    The best bet is just to take her shopping. Taste is very personal and most women, like most 'normal' people, couldn't give a monkey's about anything other than how it looks and feels on the wrist, and certainly aren't interested in the faff involved in winding, resetting, etc.

If I were you I wouldn't attempt to second guess her taste but pointing her in the direction of high quality quartz or solar powered models mightn't be a bad starting point.

Unsurprisingly I would suggest a nice Omega quartz.
    It's just a matter of time...

I just let my wife pick what she wanted, makes life so much easier, she chose a Hamilton in the end.

MrsG has a couple of Quartz Cartiers (which are her everyday watches) and a Midsize Tutone Rolex.

Personally i would go for a nice tutone Cartier Galbee (Quartz) the mans version is about 32mm.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Grand Master
    Go to every jewellers known to Man and er Woman,once you've visited all those jewellers,she will tell you she liked the watch she tried on in the first shop you went to!,return there for her to try again only for her to say she's really not 100% sure and proceed to buy a bag and matching shoes from the visit to shops in between the jewellers shops visited instead!!.

You could then narrow it down to match the shoes and bag.......probably!.

Craftsman
    Longines DolceVita

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I like some of the Maurice Lacroix ladies watches, very well made and great value for money.
    My daughter has one with a white face and steel bracelet, her best watch as she calls it.

http://www.wristflatter.com/2013/08/...ss002-110.html