closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Boeing 737 Max ?

Hybrid View

Master
    Every thing I have read, and everything I know about consumer behaviour screams that this is endgame for the 737 Max.

Unless Boeing realise this and fold their hand on this turd of a plane, it is endgame for them as well.

Let's not forget they are still making these things. 52 a month before April this year, and 42 a month thereafter. An none of them are being delivered or flown.
    (The fact that thery are still making these airframes on the same production line in Renton that they built for the first 737s in 1966 is beyond believable)

It seems to me that Boeing is doubling down on a bad hand, and that they are effectively trying to get themselves into the "too big to fail" category.

It's not looking pretty. Nor should it. They have behaved appallingly over this, especially considering that they have been touting the same old 737 design for 50 years, and the "tweaks" to make it more modern are the cause of the inherent instability when using the new engines, hence the MCAS etc etc. The whole story is awful.

It may still kill them off.

Dave

Craftsman
    I think the whole thing is appalling and could well end in corporate manslaughter charges.
    The 737 will now have to be replaced, they have been working on a new design for some time but always opt for the tweaking of the 737 as its more cost effective.

I do too redkite and after BA bought recently committed to buy 200 of the things I decided to sell my BA miles and ditch them for good. Shite airline who are pretending to be a full-service carrier. Wonder how BA think they can manage customer aversion to flying on the Max.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48682123

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Wonder how BA think they can manage customer aversion to flying on the Max.

We can only vote with our feet ............................ and thankfully the rest of our bodies, unlike the poor souls on those planes. RIP.

On the pilots' forum there are very strong suspicions that Boeing have planted "experts" who have been steering the discussions away from Boeing malfeasance and towards pilot error and poor training. I suppose you have to ask yourself, with steering of the conversation like this, who would have an interest in doing it, and who might also have sufficient technical knowledge to appear genuine.

I too think it's probably not just end-game for the 737-max but also end-game for Boeing.

In the game of engineers vs accountants, the accountants won again.

Master
    I do too redkite and after BA bought recently committed to buy 200 of the things I decided to sell my BA miles and ditch them for good. Shite airline who are pretending to be a full-service carrier. Wonder how BA think they can manage customer aversion to flying on the Max.

As a BA Gold Executive Member, I will do the same.

Master

BA haven’t committed to buy the things at all. IAG who own BA have signed a letter of intent. It isn’t binding and even if they do go ahead they won’t necessarily be flown by BA. never the less I agree with the sentiment of letting BA know your feelings. Just flown from Las Vegas to Miami and was due to fly on a Max before it was banned. Ended up on a 737 - 800.

Boeing loses big order for 737 Max..."Flyadeal, the low-cost airline Saudi Arabian airline, has cancelled an order for 30 Boeing 737 Max aircraft..."