Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
I think we need to keep this in proportion.

If you go back say 2 years, some chancer would casually walk into an AD and demand a hefty discount. If he didn't get it, he went to a grey dealer who could offer a discount at quite an attractive price. This is not the way for Rolex to protect their brand image. Rolex have reduced supply and this has long filtered through and the discounts on the more in demand items are now a thing of the past. If you buy these watches from an AD (assuming you can get one) you will pay the RRP or if you want it today, you can buy it from a grey dealer but expect to pay a premium. It is your choice.

Therefore ADs can sell to grey dealers at the RRP and be done with it. In time the prices will increase and supply will be very slowly increased where the customer is prepared to pay a higher RRP for the watch they want and no more discounts.

This is good news for Rolex who will have enhanced the brand, good news for the ADs and good news for those who already have a watch as their investment is now protected.

There is no need to get all worked up about it because if you find this disagreeable, you can chose always another brand.
I'm not worked up in the slightest :) I see building a history with an AD as a decades long exercise that I'm pretty sure I'm not willing to embark on, just wondered if there were any arguments for doing it