closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orlando house recommendations anyone?

Orlando house recommendations anyone?

I'm taking my 14 year old daughter late October, and as we have some people on here who prefer the finer things, I was wondering if anyone had stayed in a nice place, before spending hours trawling the internet.

It does not have to be right on top of the parks, 30 minutes or so away is fine

Ideally a less built up location, not crammed in next to a 100 other holiday homes

If not a specific home, then a website you found to provide good service would also be welcomed

Thanks in advance

Master
    We like Vista Cay a lot. They are luxury apartments but you need to chose the correct one. There is a small shop, pool and gym. It is just off international drive which for us is the nicer part of Orlando. A lot of places are located in Kissimmee which we don’t like that much.

International drive has nicer places to eat, looks a lot nicer from a general maintenance perspective as well. It’s also close to parks.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 26th August 2019 at 16:50.

Blog Entries
    Vista Cay Resorts. No need to look further. Apartments in all sorts and sizes. Super-comfy. Really in the middle of all fun-things of Orlando. Supermarket around the corner (within 5 mins walking distance) and easy to reach from the airports.

http://www.vistacay4rent.com It is best to call them for special prices.

We've been there several times; when the boys were young and when they were older. Swimming pool, small gym etc.

My wife visits Orlando for business a few times/year, there's a Convention Center the size of Denmark and it's located near Vista Cay Resorts. My wife doesn't bother for a hotel, she always books a condo at Vista Cay and takes a walk to the Publix Supermarket and or the Resort's gym every morning before getting into gear for work.

When flying to Orlando: be advised that there are two airports! Sanford Orlando and The International. Sanford is about an hour drive north of O., but is a much smaller and less crowded airport. Things are more layed-back there, including car rentals. We are always happy with Alamo but it's interesting to find out if there are deals. I never book a car with a satnav: last time I bought a second hand TomTom here in Holland with a SE USA map. Worked perfectly. After the holiday I sold it online for the same amount! Hire a car with a built-in toll-pass device. You'll need it. The International is much larger and about 30 mins from Orlando.

Tip: take your daughter to Cocoa Beach, the Atlantic coast. Easy drive, one hour east; you can spot the Rockets platforms on the NE, then turn south to Cocoa, pass the Ron John's Surfshop (can't miss that one) and go down south for a few miles to the Lori Wilson State Park on the left. It's a fantastic beach. Be advised: be sure that you wear proper shoes between the parking and the beach. The boardwalk needs to be repaired.

Tip 2: Go to the various Orlando malls with your daughter. Be prepared to come home with tons of new clothing! Be sure to arrive early!

And, of course, check this!

https://www.spacecoastlaunches.com/blog/launch-list/

... and tips and tricks for Universal needs its own thread!
    Last edited by thieuster; 26th August 2019 at 14:57.

Master
    Sadly universal will soon be building a new theme park 500 meters away from it. Not sure how this will impact prices.

Master
    I have no affiliation to this place but stayed there about 10 years ago and it was great. https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p11453

Owned by a couple in Kent and still gets great reviews. It's on Formosa Gardens, a lovely private estate mostly occupied by local residents. It has a huge master suite on the ground floor, a huge suite on the first floor and lots of space.

Craftsman
    We stayed in a villa (house) in viscount Circle, Kissimmee and it was a decent location to be based - but that was a few years ago and and it might have been further built around by now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Sadly universal will soon be building a new theme park 500 meters away from it. Not sure how this will impact prices.
    I did a quick search. That's going to be a huuuuuge park! And it explains why there's already an almighty wide intersection on Universal Boulevard leading to nothing in the north. The NW corner of Vista Cay is going to be a very, very busy part of town. Rental prices will sky-rocket with Universal as 'the neighbour across the street'. People who've invested in a condo or apartment will be a bunch of happy campers now!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I did a quick search. That's going to be a huuuuuge park! And it explains why there's already an almighty wide intersection on Universal Boulevard leading to nothing in the north. The NW corner of Vista Cay is going to be a very, very busy part of town. Rental prices will sky-rocket with Universal as 'the neighbour across the street'. People who've invested in a condo or apartment will be a bunch of happy campers now!
    That’s our concern. We love vista cay but don’t want a park across the road and we also assume the prices would go up significantly.

Blog Entries
    Luckily, there's more to choose from. There are nice condos at SSW end of International Boulevard as well.

Thank you for the tips