closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Galaxy watch celullar?

Craftsman

Galaxy watch celullar?

Can someone how has one just confirm that my understanding is correct? Can you only use it as a true standalone ie leave your phone at home if you are on EE or Vodafone? No support for other networks?
    Does that mean you cant use spotify for music aswell?

Mrs wants one as she is sick of carrying her phone when out jogging but she wants to be able to play music and obviously track her jog/walk

Haven’t got one but don’t think you can.

Looking at the Galaxy Watch page it appears you can use Spotify and make calls when on EE or Vodafone.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/wearables/galaxy-watch/

It appears you need a phone to set it up:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/m...-galaxy-watch/

What phone does your wife have?

Craftsman
    She has a s9 samsung but on 02 not ee or vodafone.

EE and Vodafone are the only companies with support for the sims in the Galaxy Watch and Apple Watch.

Craftsman
    Thank you for that, its cleared it up

However, you can download the spotify content you want on wifi and take it with you - streaming it kills the battery anyway.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    However, you can download the spotify content you want on wifi and take it with you - streaming it kills the battery anyway.

Ah so this will work? So the downloaded contect can still be played in spotify? I take it for the mapping of her jogs etc and stats that will just download back to the app when back on wifi in the house following the jog/walk?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    Ah so this will work? So the downloaded contect can still be played in spotify? I take it for the mapping of her jogs etc and stats that will just download back to the app when back on wifi in the house following the jog/walk?

Cheers
    Yes, they even make a much cheaper bluetooth only version for exactly that reason - it just synks to your phone for the playlists you want.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/wearables...M-R820NZKABTU/

You get one free if you buy an S10 this month - you may find it cheaper to sell the s9 and by an s10 with fee watch rather than just by the smart watch.

Craftsman
    Excellent I'll look into this now. I just wanted to be sure before I bought a "smart watch" and it didnt do what she wanted

Craftsman
    The Active 2 just released looks like a great bit of kit. I had the original Active but found it a little small and preferred having the speaker/mic on the Galaxy 42mm.

I bought it for the gym and running but find myself wearing it most of the time. Converted!