closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unimatic U2 : a genuinely unique watch?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I think it’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?
    They designed it for the Miyota, the supply fell through, they had to create an additional spacer to take a Seiko movement.
    No, it is not obvious. You're just guessing. You don't know anything (unless you have information not otherwise available). Do you have such information?

Whilst I can (and did) guess the same thing as you, it is still just a guess. An explanation would avoid the need for guesses.

I’m not sure what sort of explanation people are looking for.
    An explanation of what happened that caused them to ship a watch with a movement in it that it was not originally designed for. What else would you think it would mean?

The movements are broadly comparable, and mine has no slack in it at all.
    Good for you. It could still do with an explanation, rather than the meaningless and arrogant comment that "haters gonna hate".

Let’s not forget this is an inexpensive watch.
    (a) It's not that cheap!

(b) Neither cheap nor expensive in no way excuses their offensive response and lack of polite, customer-friendly, wouldbe customer-encouraging explanation when the issue is discovered.

I really don’t think it’s a big deal, despite what some people are trying to make it.
    Yes, it's not that big a deal. But nothing about it not being a big deal means that (a) it does not warrant an explanation or (b) justifies the unprofessional "haters gonna hate".

As usual, the loudest noise seems to be coming from people who didn’t buy the watch.
    (a) I'd be curious to know what difference you think this makes? Are not potential customers allowed to have a view in your opinion?

(b) The issue was in fact raised by the watchmaker hired by someone who had in fact bought the watch. Does that validate the observation for you now?

(c) I liked their watches. I might have bought one. But I think that the observations of mismatched case and movement, the demonstrated risk of excessive movement (in some cases, even if not in all cases), lack of reasonable (or any) explanation, and above all by a large margin, their very foolish and childish response of "haters gonna hate" have rather put me off.

Errors and production difficulties happen but explaining why they happened and what the real problem was can go a very long to retaining and improving customer confidence. But the response of "haters gonna hate" only tells otherwise undecided wouldbe customers, such as myself, to stay away.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 8th October 2019 at 20:29.

Master
    Fine. You are, of course, correct and have successfully invalidated my opinion as an owner of the watch in every possible way.

It is of course vitally important that we all receive the most detailed explanation possible and none should rest until that has been achieved.

I wait with baited breath for the results of your exhaustive inquiry.

Blog Entries
    Fine. You are, of course, correct and have successfully invalidated my opinion as an owner of the watch in every possible way.
    You are absurdly exaggerating.

I have in no way whatsoever invalidated your opinion as an owner of the watch. You are fully entitled to your own opinion about the watch and I have said nothing whatsoever to the contrary.

Indeed, let's be clear: The problem I was responding to in your message was that you clearly did not like it when other people had their own opinion about the watch and the situation! The general thrust of your comment was about other people's opinions, rather than your own about the watch.

It is of course vitally important that we all receive the most detailed explanation possible and none should rest until that has been achieved.
    I have said no such thing. Once again, you exaggerate absurdly.

I wait with baited breath for the results of your exhaustive inquiry.
    Why would I be making an enquiry? I expected the vendor to act professionally without prompting when a not-insignificant oddity was discovered with some of their watches. The very foolish "haters gonna hate" was not the decent, customer-friendly, helpful, informative response that I would have expected or hoped for.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 8th October 2019 at 20:40.

Master
    I have far less appetite for this than you, Mark.

I will just acquiesce to put a stop to it.

NOT unique at all, a typical nowadays mashup

Unimatic U2 : a genuinely unique watch?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Their response to someone (confirmed by them on Facebook) was "haters gonna hate". See http://www.thedivewatchconnection.co...67831#p1267831

Not the kind of response I would have hoped to see. An explanation of the mismatched case versus movement might have been more appropriate.
    I messaged Unimatic at the time to query the video and it’s is the response they gave.

I have to say that I have found their customer service to be pretty good in comparison to other watch brands I’ve dealt with and I’ve never had an issue with the quality of the watch.

(The images above should be the other way around)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pistolpete21; 10th October 2019 at 06:05.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Thanks for that.

Banned
    Deny everything is the best CS.

I enjoyed my Unimatic U1, before inevitably flipping it for something new.

Their design cues are obvious, but they implement them very well, and I like the stripped-back and somewhat ‘industrial’ aesthetic they have, plus the limited production runs.

Their case back may have contained a typo, but I like that they go to the bother to put something interesting there, as opposed to leaving it bare.

It was also rock solid in build, with a nice bezel action and above-average bracelet.