closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is yours the only one here on TZ-UK?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Not seen a Kairos on here either....
    Ha!

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Ha!

Well done that man, quality choice.

Haven't seen you post it here before, same seconds hand as mine too - the ones I've seen elsewhere have a different seconds hand with a hollow end counterbalance to match the hours and minutes hand.

Interesting on a bracelet - did it come on that or did you add it later? As a dress watch I prefer it on leather myself, would like to see what it looks like on the wrist on the bracelet, do you have a wrist shot?
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Well done that man, quality choice.

Haven't seen you post it here before, same seconds hand as mine too - the ones I've seen elsewhere have a different seconds hand with a hollow end counterbalance to match the hours and minutes hand.

Interesting on a bracelet - did it come on that or did you add it later? As a dress watch I prefer it on leather myself, would like to see what it looks like on the wrist on the bracelet, do you have a wrist shot?
    I bought this new from an AD in 1994, it was on a green ostrich strap then. I wore it every day for more than 15 years, going through a number of original Chronoswiss straps in ostrich and shark skin. When I started collecting watches, I stumbled across a two-tone Kairos on bracelet on eBay which was so cheap that I had to buy it, so I ended up with two. After a couple of years I had never worn the two-tone, so decided I was going to sell it again. The buyer preferred the strap, so I kept the bracelet with my original steel model. Then my ex-wife wore it for a while, she has so delicate wrists that I had to disassemble/wreck the bracelet to shorten it to her size. I already bought a new buckle a while ago, just need to put it back on a strap.

Here is the only picture I could find on the bracelet (before I wrecked it):

...and here is a snap of the two-tone:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I bought this new from an AD in 1994, it was on a green ostrich strap then. I wore it every day for more than 15 years, going through a number of original Chronoswiss straps in ostrich and shark skin. When I started collecting watches, I stumbled across a two-tone Kairos on bracelet on eBay which was so cheap that I had to buy it, so I ended up with two. After a couple of years I had never worn the two-tone, so decided I was going to sell it again. The buyer preferred the strap, so I kept the bracelet with my original steel model. Then my ex-wife wore it for a while, she has so delicate wrists that I had to disassemble/wreck the bracelet to shorten it to her size. I already bought a new buckle a while ago, just need to put it back on a strap.

Here is the only picture I could find on the bracelet (before I wrecked it):

...and here is a snap of the two-tone:

Thanks for the update Raffe. Looks to be still in excellent condition but would certainly look better on a strap IMO. Mine's on it's original black Ostrich strap, but I'll put it on an Alligator when this one wears out as I think that would suit it better. Mine was a birthday present from my wife, Lynn, back in 2007.

Not sure I'd take to the two tone either, I don't think it suits the style and takes away from the lovely silver guilloche dial on these.

Great to see another on the forum, they have a rather attractive simplicity.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Thanks for the update Raffe. Looks to be still in excellent condition but would certainly look better on a strap IMO. Mine's on it's original black Ostrich strap, but I'll put it on an Alligator when this one wears out as I think that would suit it better. Mine was a birthday present from my wife, Lynn, back in 2007.

Not sure I'd take to the two tone either, I don't think it suits the style and takes away from the lovely silver guilloche dial on these.

Great to see another on the forum, they have a rather attractive simplicity.
    Well, if anybody has been attracted by our little discussion, eBay Germany is full of them (even if most seem to be a bit optimistic price-wise).

Casio F-100 alien watch - NOS with b&p ?

Like this, but no marks whatsoever !
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/494481234083009958/