closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tesla Model 3 - real life experiences??

Tesla Model 3 - real life experiences??

I really want to purchase a full electric car & looking at iPace & Model 3.

Have driven both now & like the iPace for its 'normality' but like the Tesla Model 3 for its 'eccentricity' .... & it's massive performance.

I am leaning towards the Model 3 BUT am not convinced that living with the massive 'iPad' display for everything is great & will i miss a dashboard, changing gear & all 'normal' car related stuff.....!!

I consider myself a petrolhead but feel like i could move on from the combustion engine!

If you have moved to a Model 3, what are they like to live with on a day to day basis??

Cheers!

Paul

I have no experience but have recently watched this great video review after 1 year of ownership. It’s definitely worth a watch.

Master
    The Tesla will be much easier to live with. After the initial fun and excitement of going electric has subsided, you will find that the more practical side of running a car is more important, especially the charging. Tesla's supercharger network makes long distance travel a breeze as their map software integrates this in well. You won't miss the hardware buttons (or gear changes as there's one gear only).

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    The Tesla will be much easier to live with. After the initial fun and excitement of going electric has subsided, you will find that the more practical side of running a car is more important, especially the charging. Tesla's supercharger network makes long distance travel a breeze as their map software integrates this in well. You won't miss the hardware buttons (or gear changes as there's one gear only).
    This. Tesla understood that to sell cars you need the infrastructure already in place. It has, its painless and brilliantly simple.

I will take my X anywhere with no range anxiety for this reason. With any other vehicle, longer distances would seriously stress me out.

Master
    What is the cost per mile of one of these ?

do any of you keep records, fuel ,maintenance, disposal costs ??

They do look good

B

Hi

I got the model 3 performance about 4 weeks ago. Having done about 1000 miles I can comment on a few things.

1. Range is definitely less than advertised, depending on driving style but also on the weather. Performance version comes with bigger tyres and wheels which affects range. Day to day this doesn't really matter as you can charge overnight.

2. The acceleration is addictive :). The drive is fairly comfortable but the steering response is a little numb. It has great grip though.

3. There are a few software bugs and servicing are a little difficult to get hold of. I have had an issue with my screen (occasional flickering) and currently it's being dealt with via text and email.

4. Don't bother with FSD as the laws aren't in place yet so it's not worth the money.

5. I have the white interior and so far it's been very easy to keep clean.

6. Worth getting a home charger and a tariff with cheap off peak electricity rates. We are on EDF and can charge from 20-80% for around 4-5 quid. I have not had to use a supercharger hey but the Tesla ones are apparently very easy to use.

7. The LTE connection if you're streaming music etc can be a bit iffy at times.

8. It does take a while to get used to the screen and lack of other controls but I don't miss any physical controls..

Please ask if you have any further questions.

Thanks all for your input - much appreciated.......!

95% certain this is the route that I am going to take.

Cheers

Paul

Master
    Really useful feedback. I am fast approaching the conclusion that EVs are becoming realistic propositions for day to day driving. Fingers crossed that charging infra improves significantly over the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk