I have a 4 year old Aquis small-seconds, and the overall quality and finish beats all the other mid-field Swiss, German and Jap stuff I own or have owned, and by some margin. Love the watch to bits, it's my favourite amongst the Fortis, Edox, O&W, Glycine, etc that I own, and better than any Seiko I've owned (which exclude Grand S).
The detailing and precision is flawless, and although I've not formally tested it, timekeeping is superb - I can't actually recall having to change it, but then I'm not overly fussed so long as it's within ~30 secs... (shameful admission, right there).

I'd say they're a company on the up - they're starting to develop their own movements, and looking to fill the void left by the spiralling prices of the big-name brands, and upping their game accordingly. Part of the attraction for me is that they're independent, and not part of the usual corporate portfolios (e.g. LVMH, Richemont, Swatch etc).

By way of balance, I buy with my heart, not my head, so long-term investment potential was not a consideration. If it is, you should obviously go big-name, and hope that big, shiny bubble doesn't ever burst!