closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Well, it took almost two weeks...but well worth it...PRS 50

Well, it took almost two weeks...but well worth it...PRS 50

My better half received the package. That was fun. I had wisdom teeth pulled once; that was a wonderful expreience in comparison.

More plastic.

I like these watch carrying cases that Timefactors chose...I like the 4 watch one that came with my Italian even more.

There was some panic moments, thinking maybe that watch had been...........

Wheeew....that's better

There it is..

Put on one of the straps, and a quick wrist shot:

The watch is a bit top-heavy--but the straps that come with the package are do the job well. However, ever since I saw the 50 on a mesh--I knew that's how I would wear it. And this mesh from Walt at lonestarwatches is perfect:

Here's a pic of it's inspiration.

This pic is from: http://www.ninanet.net/watches/others15 ... mbpff.html

Found a nice pic of exactly what mine looks like with a mesh--why try my own pic when this is perfect:

borrowed from: http://forum.chronomag.cz/index.php?sho ... e=threaded ---
    in a language I can't understand.

Final rambling thoughts:
    I was lucky to find this LE 34/50 with the A. Schild 2063 movement--as it was with the original that was pictured. It is the shiniest watch I own--and it is perhaps the tallest. With the rubber strap, and specially on the mesh, it is balanced and very comfortable. I think a domed plexi would have looked very nice--but the flat sapphire is also nice. The bezel turns OK, I would have preferred a 120 click instead of the 60 and the crown is a bit small. I have to say that I've never had to screw in a crown as many turns as on this watch--perhaps some 4 full turns. The bezel makes this watch; it is a unique look along with the odd dimensions of the tallness of the watch--but it is almost identical to the original species--so I like that. It's a beautiful watch. Have a nice day and enjoy what's on your wrist :-)

Re: Well, it took almost two weeks...but well worth it...PRS 50

Great!

Very nice, been on my wants list for a while 8)
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by r.e.c.
    The watch is a bit top-heavy--but the straps that come with the package are do the job well. However, ever since I saw the 50 on a mesh--I knew that's how I would wear it. And this mesh from Walt at lonestarwatches is perfect:
    I agree, it looks terrific on the mesh.
    I have a 50B and I wonder... bye now - off too google...

I've had mine for almost a year now and still enjoy wearing it. I've worn it on a NATO and a ZULU and both worked well, and were the perfect tool for the job when the watch was worn in and around sea water during the summer but it's currently on a stainless mesh as pictured below.
    I do find it a big watch and have found that to be restrictive with a couple of shirts and definitely with motorbike leathers; It's not the diameter that's an issue but more the thickness.
    Living with that though is easy because of all its other virtue. It's a really good watch, certainly my wifes favourite (and she normally shows zero interest!).

Craftsman

I think the mesh makes this watch. I always used to associate a mesh with a blingy look but in reality it gives a great retro edge to a lot of pieces.

Wow, didn't really like this model but seeing it on the mesh has made me change my mind. Very nice indeed.