closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchesworld.co.uk

Craftsman

Watchesworld.co.uk

Has anybody used this company? They advertise on Chrono24, so would that be a good enough recommendation in itself? Many thanks for any feedback you have (good or bad)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Has anybody used this company? They advertise on Chrono24, so would that be a good enough recommendation in itself?
    Not used or heard of them but I'd say that simply using Chrono24 should not be seen as any kind of recommendation at all. There are good and bad sellers on C24.

You're doing the right thing to check up on the company.

P.S. I just looked at their website and found the following:-
    (1) The website appears not to adhere to UK and EU legal requirements for provision of company contact or registration information. E.g. No company or business registration numbers, no VAT number, no proprietor's name(s), no registered address, not even a trading address.
    (2) The website contact form just has a mobile number as a UK contact number (in addition to the French phone number and the email address).
    (3) On the website 'About us' page they claim to "have over eight points of sales all around the world and one shop" but none of them is actually listed as far as I can see.
    (4) Their domain name is registered using a privacy service so one cannot see who the proprietor is.

In short, I would not use this company unless I knew them very well by other means. They may well be genuine but, as things stand, you do not know whom you are actually dealing with.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 3rd January 2018 at 19:31.

This thread was from a couple of years ago. I’m interested in a watch of theirs (through Chrono24) and would be grateful if anyone had recent experience.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I have exactly the same issue as helidoc. I have looked at a watch on C24 and their own site but can’t find enough info on them to be confident in buying at the moment.

I was just about to ask about them after seeing a watch on C24! Apparently a trusted seller that C24 guarantees all purchases but not sure how that works? Ive just had a WhatsApp chat with them querying priceing, nohard sales and you can collect from the store if you want apparently

Watchesworld.co.uk

Edit: Seen on their webpage

How did you have a WhatsApp chat with them? I have messaged through the Chrono24 app, but haven’t had a response

Dave

Last edited by helidoc; 5th January 2020 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Edit: Seen on their webpage

How did you have a WhatsApp chat with them? I have messaged through the Chrono24 app, but haven’t had a response

Dave

Hi Dave.

There's a green phone symbol that's flashing at the bottom of the page, this takes you to whattsapp

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have worked with them in the trade and met them a few times.
    They're sound by me.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I have worked with them in the trade and met them a few times.
    They're sound by me.
    Thanks for the feedback

Cheers

Dave

Craftsman
    Going to take the plunge and order a watch from them tomorrow from Chrono24.....unless anyone has any last minute scare stories?

I will stick it on credit card for a little extra protection, but the escrow service offers some level of protection on Chrono24 in any case...I suppose.

Craftsman
    I have one more sale to make and then I think I will be taking the plunge with them too. In an email conversation they said they could do a face to face in London so depending on train prices I might go that route. I think you seem to be taking a safe way too using your card and Escrow.

Can I ask what you are buying ? Please do keep us informed.

I ordered from them on Tuesday, a Bell & Ross BR03-92 matte Black Ceramic (Pottery!), should arrive in about a week. About £170 cheaper than anyone else. Communication was very good, and not at all pushy. I also had some positive feedback by PM from a forum legend, which reassured me. I’ll report back when it arrives.

Dave

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    I have one more sale to make and then I think I will be taking the plunge with them too. In an email conversation they said they could do a face to face in London so depending on train prices I might go that route. I think you seem to be taking a safe way too using your card and Escrow.

Can I ask what you are buying ? Please do keep us informed.
    Just a speedy. But the sapphire sandwich, they have it up for around 3300, which is the cheapest I can find!

I’m considering a new FOIS from them as well...

Craftsman
    I did notice that their website is a bit cheaper, (before factoring in postage), but I wonder if the loss of escrow is worth it? Done a bunch if research tonight and they seem genuine enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I did notice that their website is a bit cheaper, (before factoring in postage), but I wonder if the loss of escrow is worth it? Done a bunch if research tonight and they seem genuine enough.
    My money is in escrow for the watch I ordered with them

Dave

Watchesworld.co.uk

Update
    Arrived today as per my picture heavy unboxing thread.

7 days order to delivery, and everything perfect. Digital warranty was activated yesterday.

Would use again without question.

Dave

Last edited by helidoc; 14th January 2020 at 12:42. Reason: Warranty info

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Update
    Arrived today as per my picture heavy unboxing thread.

7 days order to delivery, and everything perfect.

Would use again without question.

Dave

Thanks Dave, good to know they are a solid outfit. I got in touch yesterday but they said they had no current stock of the watch I wanted and it would be end of Feb or into March before they got anymore in. They would add me to the list but I am far to impatient for that, so ended up sourcing one elsewhere.

Enjoy the new watch!

That's put my mind at rest for ordering, I was going to drive down from Sheffield but after seeing these comments I think I'll just order it

Apprentice
    So are these grey market stock they are selling? As all their adverts seems to be of brand new watches.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerjohn View Post
    So are these grey market stock they are selling? As all their adverts seems to be of brand new watches.
    I suspect they source from other dealers. Back in the day, this used to be an issue as you could end up with a watch with the serial number removed. I don't think this happens any more so unless anyone knows any better, I can't see issue going with grey dealers that supply the complete package including stamped warranty card?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerjohn View Post
    My watch (B&R) was supplied by one of the European boutiques

D

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I suspect they source from other dealers. Back in the day, this used to be an issue as you could end up with a watch with the serial number removed. I don't think this happens any more so unless anyone knows any better, I can't see issue going with grey dealers that supply the complete package including stamped warranty card?
    I agree with you, as long as you can have them registered for their warranty with the manufacturer.

But are these watches sourced from abroad? So have proper VAT / taxes been paid on them? As I know some of these dealers in the past used to play with the VAT import/export and reclaim.

I am not suggesting this for this business, but I have heard of these things in the past. How can you be certain that part is ok?

Apprentice
    There was another thing I noticed on their website. If you got to the Part Ex link, it seems to be very limited options of what you can part exchange. I find that strange, they only give you a few options of what watch you can part ex, or sell with them.