closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is there any way to buy other currencies (or equivalent) with cash in SIPP or (share) ISA?
    You could buy foreign currency money market or bond funds?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

More airlines announce the grounding or suspension of flights. Qantas will ground its international flight until at least the end of May.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    £ up against Euro today - 1.7% so far

talking to a couple of dealers this morning, as I have quite a few Euros to shift, and one said that it looks as thought the £ is heading for parity.........but what do they know?

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post

talking to a couple of dealers this morning, as I have quite a few Euros to shift, and one said that it looks as thought the £ is heading for parity.........but what do they know?
    What does anyone know?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    What does anyone know?
    Think I'll buy a couple more straps from Uncle Seiko, at least that seems a safe investment - Chocolate Bar and Razor Wire

Master
    If someone could genuinely predict currency movements, they would be sitting in a nice office and making an absolute packet. The last thing they would be doing is wasting their time talking to a bunch of watch nerds who are worried about the potential softening of prices of Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    If someone could genuinely predict currency movements, they would be sitting in a nice office and making an absolute packet. The last thing they would be doing is wasting their time talking to a bunch of watch nerds who are worried about the potential softening of prices of Rolex.
    25 years ago, I spent six years of my life trading currencies for a living. Then I moved on to trading and investing in other asset classes, was the global head of asset allocation for an international banking group, head of equities, CEO of asset management, chairman of several investment committees and director of a couple of dozens of investment funds.

Are you in any way qualified to talk about this stuff or are you just spouting random nonsense?

I have sold Euros and bought Dollars, expecting a sustained break below parity, possibly a return to the .85/.90 levels from 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I have sold Euros and bought Dollars, expecting a sustained break below parity, possibly a return to the .85/.90 levels from 20 years ago.
    I'm liking the sound of that.

IF (big IF) this is true and replicated globally then I reckon it might be time to think about an early summer plunge into the market

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...222v1.full.pdf

Caveat again - big IF but based on the fact viruses want to replicate and that in the instance of host suppression the more benign/undetectable strains prosper then it does make sense

Master

Good news, I have 65 euros left over from a holiday in Spain I need to change back at Asda 
    Last edited by Maris; 19th March 2020 at 16:37. Reason: Spain not Turkey!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Good news, I have 65 euros left over from a holiday in Turkey I need to change back at Asda 
    I think that your 65 Euros are worth less than that were yesterday - £ now 2.75% better against the Euro than it was yesterday ....... but it could all change tomorrow
    Last edited by BillN; 19th March 2020 at 16:18.