timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Coffee thread

Hybrid View

Aeropress and co-op Colombian fair trade. Two packets for £6.00

https://images.app.goo.gl/ntjdrTPrnNpjjMD38

You can get better but for the price it’s very good

Journeyman
    We have an integrated machine and use Lavazza beans constantly fresh ground daily by the machine. I have tried many different coffees but we always return to Lavazza. Might dip in to one of these subscription services.

I should not be at all surprised, given where we are, that so many people are willing to throw money at expensive status symbols that do the same job as a piece of equipment you get for a tenner from Amazon!

I'm a big fan of this place on the edge of Winchester, currently drinking this:

https://winchestercoffeeroasters.co....synergy-blend/
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I should not be at all surprised, given where we are, that so many people are willing to throw money at expensive status symbols that do the same job as a piece of equipment you get for a tenner from Amazon!

Except a stovetop makes stovetop coffee and doesn’t have the 9bar pressure or temperature regulation to make espresso or to produce microfoam steamed milk.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Except a stovetop makes stovetop coffee and doesn’t have the 9bar pressure or temperature regulation to make espresso or to produce microfoam steamed milk.
    Exactly, if you want moka pot coffee, then the moka pot is the right thing. I like espresso, so I have an espresso machine. Mines set at 7 bar though, if we’re going to get geeky ;)

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    Exactly, if you want moka pot coffee, then the moka pot is the right thing. I like espresso, so I have an espresso machine. Mines set at 7 bar though, if we’re going to get geeky ;)
    I bought a pressure gauge a d set mine to 9

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I bought a pressure gauge a d set mine to 9

What machine do you have? It’s a very deep rabbit hole to go down once you start!

Or get a commercial machine with adjustable pressure profile and pre-infusion.
    Then there is the world of lever machines to consider....

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Absolutely - they're entirely different things. Be thankful you think espresso and moka pot coffee are the same thing Qatar-wol: your wallet will thank you in the long run for sticking with the moka pot!

No machine here is going to come close to replicating four years in Colombia with the freshest of beans arriving from the Triangle daily and the satisfaction of paying 50p on a street corner for a small slice of heaven

These days I get the most pleasure from the Bosnian džezva but there's a modest bean-to-cup DeLonghi for convenience, a selection of a moka pots and the obligatory AeroPress for travel.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    No machine here is going to come close to replicating four years in Colombia with the freshest of beans arriving from the Triangle daily and the satisfaction of paying 50p on a street corner for a small slice of heaven

These days I get the most pleasure from the Bosnian džezva but there's a modest bean-to-cup DeLonghi for convenience, a selection of a moka pots and the obligatory AeroPress for travel.
    Do you grind your own beans and what do you use? I imagine you have to pulverise to a dust for the džezva?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Do you grind your own beans and what do you use? I imagine you have to pulverise to a dust for the džezva?

Well, not really, but it looks similar.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Well, not really, but it looks similar.
    haha!

Is that Bosnian different to Turkish coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is that Bosnian different to Turkish coffee?
    Have a read of this article.....http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2014...bosnian-coffee

Master
    I've learned something new. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, so essentially Bosnian, coffee added to boiling water, Turkish coffee there from cold.
    Often have Turkish, I’ll try the other way next time see if it makes much difference. Suspect that other variables might be just as important.

Sorry but that thing is never going to be able to deliver a decent cup of coffee(a matter of taste after all) but most important being Aluminium it's actually very toxic for the purpose so....you might consider giving that up.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Sorry but that thing is never going to be able to deliver a decent cup of coffee(a matter of taste after all) but most important being Aluminium it's actually very toxic for the purpose so....you might consider giving that up.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk
    Although this is how most of Italy starts their morning before stopping on the way to work at a bar for an espresso...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Although this is how most of Italy starts their morning before stopping on the way to work at a bar for an espresso...
    Absolutely right ... in Italy is by far the most used coffee pot at home breakfast - Moka Bialetti, or (like me) Moka Alessi which is in steel. In italy you have a coffee break around 10:00 am at the bar where you get a nice espresso and a croissant.

It is advised to only wash under running water (NO soaps or detergents, and every so often dry it with a microfibre cloth which will take out some accumulated fats.

And a bit of service changing the rubber ring, cleaning the fine perorations in the disk, and may be changing the valve every 5 years or so.

The "not decent cup" is nonsense.
    Last edited by Franco; 3rd June 2020 at 16:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Absolutely right ... in Italy is by far the most used coffee pot at home breakfast - Moka Bialetti, or (like me) Moka Alessi which is in steel.

It is advised to only wash under running water (NO soaps or detergents, and every so often dry it with a microfibre cloth which will take out some accumulated fats.

And a bit of service changing the rubber ring, cleaning the fine perorations in the disk, and may be changing the valve every 5 years or so.

The "not decent cup" is nonsense.
    The Bialetti is what we use, makes us a nice coffee anyway.

Journeyman
    Flair Signature Pro... is the first release. Now they sell second release (minor improvements)
    Last edited by kumm2004; 5th June 2020 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    We have an integrated machine and use Lavazza beans constantly fresh ground daily by the machine. I have tried many different coffees but we always return to Lavazza. Might dip in to one of these subscription services.
    What matters is what you like, but imo you'll notice the difference to a supermarket bag

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    What matters is what you like, but imo you'll notice the difference to a supermarket bag

Indeed. The only important thing is that you like what you make, but lavazza et al were roasted a long long time ago, and are far from fresh, so there are better options. Union is available in most supermarkets, and is a good step up.