closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Weber BBQ refurb

Blog Entries

Weber BBQ refurb

Not very exciting I know, however spurred into life by a recent thread about a slow heating Weber I thought I would give mine a minor refurb as it’s a little worse for wear and been heating very slowly. I took a look a replacing it but with prices around £1k I thought I would spend some money making mine as good as new.

The Porsche is currently away having some work done and my Ducati project hasn’t yet arrived so it seemed like an ideal time to crack on, if any of you have followed my GT3 you will know about my OCD and love of new shiny parts....

An idea of why it needs a refurb.....

All the parts for the bin:

Once it was all stripped down I left the whole thing to soak with engine degreaser for a couple of hours and then gave it a good jet wash.

In total I’ve replaced the grills, heating rails, piezo igniter and switch, gas rails and gas regulator and pipe, cost was around £230 which I think represents good value when it will be good for atleast another 5 years, I actually bought it 2nd hand off eBay 6 years ago for £200 so it’s money well spent.

The replacement parts:

I’m still waiting for the gas pipes and the new igniter button, as you can imagine it is most definitely not rocket science to work on!! Nevertheless still rewarding to give it a new lease of life!!

Craftsman
    Lovely job, they really are built to last and having parts easily available is a bonus. I love mine and cook on it at any and every opportunity. We should start a BBQ recipe thread!

Stay Safe, Craig

Master
    Looking good. Mine is not quite as bad, but needs some attention
    Where did you source the parts from?
    The shroud around my igniter is in a similar condition, and I couldn’t find a replacement part anywhere

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Looking good. Mine is not quite as bad, but needs some attention
    Where did you source the parts from?
    The shroud around my igniter is in a similar condition, and I couldn’t find a replacement part anywhere
    Most parts were from here, https://thebbqshop.co.uk/ the gas pipes came from
    Amazon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Most parts were from here, https://thebbqshop.co.uk/ the gas pipes came from
    Amazon
    Perfect - thanks !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Perfect - thanks !
    Pleasure, if it hasn’t been replaced I would get a new pipe and regulator, was £13 off eBay.

Blog Entries

Final bits arrived today and now we are literally cooking on gas!!!

Great job mike and pleased in some small way triggered you sorting this little project.

Engine degreaser ! No wonder you got it much cleaner than mine !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post

Final bits arrived today and now we are literally cooking on gas!!!
    Snap.

I have a Weber Spirit. I replaced the grills a couple of years ago and upgraded them to stainless steel GBS. Also replaced the flavouriser bars with new enamel ones. I replaced the igniter a couple of weeks ago so it is back up to spec.