timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Possible Blancpain purchase

Master

Possible Blancpain purchase

So I have been offered a pretty good deal on this

https://www.blancpain.com/en/news/fi...e-day-date-70s

I am due to see it tomorrow!

It is this a Panerai or something Rolex ....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Looks like a Blancpain 50 Fathoms, what is your question?

The clue is in your title.

Master
    its got a very 70's vibe going on.

I like it.

Go with the BP

Master
    my concern is the size, 43mm and 14mm thick, but hopefully we shall see once it is on! the deal is a good one so we shall see!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Car crash dial. Sorry.

Craftsman
    I'm normally a fan of Blancpain but that one doesn't really do it for me.
    Depends how good the deal is of course!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

That BP doesn’t do much for me, TBH

This on the other hand.......

Not a particularly cohesive design in my view, prefer the one Raj posted

Master
    the date window destroys it for me at 4:30.....

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    the date window destroys it for me at 4:30.....
    I see it as tolerable as the cyclops and at least is consistent across the BP FF range to make it a nice quirk. Not a fan of the one you've linked to OP. the standard one highlighted above does work rather well though.

It’s not the FF I would choose, but if you like it that’s what matters...

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality-wise I can't speak highly enough of the BP Bathyscaphe. I've got the standard model and love it.
    Design-wise I'm sorry OP but the one you linked to is, IMHO, fugly.

That said if you like it do it!

Just don't be blinded by a "good deal." Sometimes there's a reason things get reduced until it's a "good price"...it's cos nobody else wants it and they're cutting their losses and passing on the frustration to you. Only buy it if you love it cos you might find it difficult to get your money back otherwise.

Craftsman
    it reminds me of some very ugly old tudors..

Master
    Sorry OP, I don’t like that version of the Bathy. I think some of the later iterations of the Bathyscaphe - Quantieme Annual and Annual Calendar are pretty awful and think the original grey dial or ceramic case blue dial Bathy if you can afford it is the way to go. I sort of understand your aversion to the date placement, but it doesn’t for me detract from the overall package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    How good is the deal? The watch you posted wouldn't be my choice but I don't hate it either.

43mm means it is a no no for me. I like the design though

Craftsman
    If you love it, buy it, but don't buy it just because it's a good deal. Price notwithstanding what would be your choice of the Blancpain, Panerai or Rolex?

Craftsman
    I really like it, although on that particular strap I think the whole thing is a bit brown if that makes sense? It looks really good on the bracelet if you can find that version, although that's not easy, or the sailcloth strap.

I'm another one who loves the FF but can't get past the date at 4:30, so this or the Barakuda are the ones for me.

Master
    it is tough deciding between the three. I like them all, and not being able to try them on etc makes choosing quite tricky. I think the rolex is out, as i cannot justify spending £9.3k on it. The only watch i would push myself to that level would be a 16610lv.

I really like both the panerai and the blancpain, i do worry about the size of the blancpain so I am going to try it on to see how big it feels. I would want them to throw in a nato or something to sweeten the deal, but it is fair to say that the price is comparable to the verde panerai that i am considering as well.

I am off soon so, i will be back with more news this afternoon! watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    it is tough deciding between the three. I like them all, and not being able to try them on etc makes choosing quite tricky. I think the rolex is out, as i cannot justify spending £9.3k on it. The only watch i would push myself to that level would be a 16610lv.

I really like both the panerai and the blancpain, i do worry about the size of the blancpain so I am going to try it on to see how big it feels. I would want them to throw in a nato or something to sweeten the deal, but it is fair to say that the price is comparable to the verde panerai that i am considering as well.

I am off soon so, i will be back with more news this afternoon! watch this space
    You can get the Bathyscaphe in 38mm, and The Watch Source have it "in stock" (estimated 14-28 delivery) for £6361.

Master
    Hi all,

well i went to collect a Tudor Black Bay 41 maroon bezel that i ordered online today. Very happy with that.

I tried on lots of watches whilst i was there, obviously the blancpain was my target watch. My thoughts were mostly positive, but the dial was almost to shiny and it was quite difficult to read. The deal was a great one, but I think as some had mentioned, do not buy just because the price was right. I was pleased how it wore, for a 43mm it was quite light and didn't seem too big for my wrist.

Whilst i was there i looked at another Blancpain, it was a 45mm one costing £12.5k! it looked great and again was not too big. He also showed me the new TudorP01, which looked crazy but kind of cool and lastly the bond new omega on a nato.

In the end i walked out with 'just' the Tudor. The hunt continues!