closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Haveston canvas straps - long term durability test

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    I quite like the look of those straps, good to see them being put through their paces. I do wonder whether they'd be too long for my wrist, though (6.75").

Take a look at post #27 in this thread. I took some measurements a while ago that you may find helpful.
    F.T.F.A.

Interesting measurements, those. Hmm, probably would be fine, but I have a somewhat irrational dislike of too much strap tail showing round my wrist. I suspect I'll try one at some point and see what I think!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Interesting measurements, those. Hmm, probably would be fine, but I have a somewhat irrational dislike of too much strap tail showing round my wrist. I suspect I'll try one at some point and see what I think!
    To be fair, that Haveston wasn't the best to illustrate my points, but it was my first and therefore the only one I had at the time. That example was the normal Nato style with the "extra bit" and quite thick too, they are now all a one piece design, or "pass through" as Haveston call it. With the canvas having no woven edge as so many straps do now, it actually looks and wears thinner, so with the ability to place the buckle where you want it, plus the sliding keeper, there's no bulky tuck in and the free end of the strap is tightly contained. As your wrist is only 0.25" smaller than mine I can't imagine you'd have a problem.
    F.T.F.A.

I might have to give one a go, I do like a canvas strap. (The fact it would come from the UK is a factor, I've been waiting for an order coming from the US for more than 3 weeks now.)
    Dave E

Eh, I gave in and ordered myself a Forecastle strap in 20mm to play with.
    Dave E

Eh, I gave in and ordered myself a Forecastle strap in 20mm to play with.

Good man, I like to see a chap spending his money! ;-) If this 22mm passes muster I think that exactly what you have ordered will go very nicely on my Damaskos.
    F.T.F.A.

Noticed some loose threads earlier around some of tang holes. Of course you can't just zap them with a hot flame as you would a nylon Nato, but a quick snip with the wife's very sharp dressmaking scissors did the trick. Surprisingly the affected holes weren't either of the two I use to fasten the strap.

This is the third hole away from the lugs . . .

These are the three holes at the other end . . .

F.T.F.A.