closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Haveston canvas straps - long term durability test

Hybrid View

Been wearing the Forecastle on my Lorier for a few days, and it's a very comfy strap. Fancied a change today so switched it over to my PRS-68, on which I think it looks pretty good:

I did need to use curved spring bars, the clearance on the lugs was just a bit too tight (might have been OK with very thin bars, but it was easier to use curved for me). Second thing is that the area behind the lugs is very square cut on the 68, which combined with the short lugs means that the strap comes straight down before it curves across the caseback and that has just slightly changed the tightness of the strap compared to the Lorier. Not by much, but just a touch.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

More walking and cycling, and again a sweat soaked strap. The material wicks sweat very well from the back of the wrist, so of course a couple more washes. I noticed that the loop that has come lose from the strap hole I use the most has enlarged, and another one has come away from the adjacent hole that I sometimes use if the strap needs to be a little tighter. The loops have come from the the side of the holes away from the lugs. Just leaving as is for now.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The loops have come from the the side of the holes away from the lugs. Just leaving as is for now.
    I have the M-1918C in both 18 & 20mm and this has happened on both. I have used a lighter to tidy up but am always wary of burning the holes. And then another one pops out...

I'm also not a fan of the double layer on the buckle end. I find it tends to bunch a little leaving a gap. I'm not convinced it's really necessary and would much prefer just a single layer with the excess on top, like the AF0210.