closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My First PAM

My First PAM

Hello All,

My first new watch thread, so here goes! I have always wanted/needed a Panerai but, was slightly scared by factors I didn’t genuinely understand. Possibly the cost, the size combined with an underlying fear of not wanting to dent it, resulting in a distinct lack of use! So a few weeks back, whilst perusing the web I found one that ticked all the boxes and jumped in with both size 11’s.

For the sake of detail, it had to be a sandwich dial, that was a must have, that and the classic diver look (which I now know is the 1950’s case). Titanium was a preference as I love the material for both appearances and practicality.

What I went for was the PAM352!

A Titanium bracelet model, which is a beautiful piece of engineering and not often found on a PAM. This (of course) came straight off, and was added to an elephant maddog strap, purchased from this very parish (no less). 1950’s styling with gold hands that complement the aesthetics is this watch, resulting in a more vintage appearance. In my humble opinion, a pure Italian classic.

Let me know what you think?
    Stay Safe!
    Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Stunning PAM, so much better off the bracelet too Imho. Enjoy and wear it well, don’t worry about the dents..these things can take a little beating. Plus, I would be more worried it falling of the fence post on to a concrete floor..., enjoy!!.

Master
    Looks so much better off that bracelet. Great PAM, welcome to the rabbit hole of straps and buckles.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Robsmck; 22nd June 2020 at 15:14.

Master
    Very nice.

That's really very nice

Master
    That is good, it's just a classic panerai isn't it!

Master
    Very nice - congratulations on your purchase 👍

That’s looks great, congratulations

D

Master
    A perfect first PAM. Looks great. Enjoy.

Looks lovely on that strap. Enjoy. Panerai can get under your skin.

That’s an absolute beauty. It’s a fantastic brand and it’s always good to see new devotees

After years of finding an excuse not to to get a Panerai, I got my first in January. Favourite watch I’ve ever owned, combination of looks movement and quality create something very special!

Great choice, Enjoy your watch.

Master
    That is lovely.

As I mentioned, I had a 328 for a number of years which I loved. I expect this will be marginally more comfortable given the weight saving of titanium, and I adore titanium / gold hands combo.

Contrary to the posts above, I think it looks great on the bracelet!

Stunning Pam
    Congrats
    Enjoy it
    I couldn't have any of my watches face down on a gnarly fence post, ouch

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Very nice congrats! I very nearly bought this model when it was first released years back as an impulse. It felt magnificent on the wrist. I resisted in the end (I really couldn't afford it....) but I still think about it. The brass hands just put the watch on another level to the steel model :)

Thanks for the comments. I do love it, and was pleasantly surprised how wearable it is. Almost defies gravity on leather, but don’t discount a titanium bracelet either. I get they divide opinion, but that’s possibly how you expect to see a Panerai.

Don’t worry about the fence post crystal glass is very tough, and I’m overly careful with my watches.

Strap obsession is the new norm. Loving the quick change spring bars, they totally save those horrible watch tool scratches! So next Alligator??

Quote Originally Posted by D3ckard View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I do love it, and was pleasantly surprised how wearable it is. Almost defies gravity on leather, but don’t discount a titanium bracelet either. I get they divide opinion, but that’s possibly how you expect to see a Panerai.

Don’t worry about the fence post crystal glass is very tough, and I’m overly careful with my watches.

Strap obsession is the new norm. Loving the quick change spring bars, they totally save those horrible watch tool scratches! So next Alligator??

Also look up Toshi straps - https://toshi-straps.co.uk/

he used to post quite a bit here and makes some great chunky straps that go so well with Panerai. I think I have like 5 or 6 of his straps.

Craftsman
    I’m not usually a PAM fan, but that’s absolutely gorgeous!

Another vote for Toshi’s straps, they’re the biz.

The 351/352 is a great reference; was my first Pam and remains a firm favourite. I like it on a bracelet but, as already stated, the quick change system means a completely new and different look is only a 30 second strap change away... the tobacco face goes so well with assolutomente too. Fabulous piece; enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app