closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 44 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 8875

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    He would have had an open position (long 300 Amazon shares) over the weekend with a substantial loss potential, but not the anywhere close to the number shown on his app.

But we don't know if that was the case, as far as I understand the article the bit about the bull put spread is pure speculation on behalf of Forbes.
    Looks like theyre trying to have a dig at RH and other platforms.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This thread has become strangely quiet from the naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Who are the naysayers? Saying nay to what?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Who are the naysayers? Saying nay to what?
    The run-away to the hills merchants - not you, as an example - who predicted Armageddon. There are a few stalwarts who have been tight lipped. And no, we are not out of the woods yet.

Well we're 'back to normal' and the government is talking about rebuilding our economy and a W shaped recovery is now being touted rather than the predicted V. I'd say there's a lot more to come.

The run-away to the hills merchants - not you, as an example - who predicted Armageddon. There are a few stalwarts who have been tight lipped. And no, we are not out of the woods yet.
    The market went nowhere in the past month, tried both up as well as down and now back were we started. No idea why you think anyone was proven wrong?

Which fantastic trades have you closed during the last weeks and how much money have you made? I assume lots?

Hope so, money to be made amongst the madness

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I went 'balls in' back into the market last week as I feel the low interest rates and stimulus is what is driving the rally but you have to pick your funds. SME has been amazing as has AAT. I am now 98% in equities but in funds like SME etc where I can exit straight away instead of with a fund where you have to wait a day or so for the trade to get executed.

At the same moment we are near to second waves so it could all crash down (unlikely as I think 2nd waves will be treated as an inconvenience and not lead to widespread lockdowns)

Had a nasty surprise when I was taxed £500 'stamp duty' by HL for buying some SME funds. I had no idea Stamp Duty was payable on stocks - I'd bought £30k of Astra Zeneca last month and wasn't charged a penny.

Other punt is IAG - surely at some stage that has to go back up.

I'm now higher than what I was in Feb btw.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The market went nowhere in the past month, tried both up as well as down and now back were we started. No idea why you think anyone was proven wrong?

Which fantastic trades have you closed during the last weeks and how much money have you made? I assume lots?
    No, bugger all actually. Just general funds up a few grand. I simply wondered why the daily multiple protagonists had ceased posting, after their daily feeding frenzy. Not for me to explain.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I went 'balls in' back into the market last week as I feel the low interest rates and stimulus is what is driving the rally but you have to pick your funds. SME has been amazing as has AAT. I am now 98% in equities but in funds like SME etc where I can exit straight away instead of with a fund where you have to wait a day or so for the trade to get executed.

At the same moment we are near to second waves so it could all crash down (unlikely as I think 2nd waves will be treated as an inconvenience and not lead to widespread lockdowns)

Had a nasty surprise when I was taxed £500 'stamp duty' by HL for buying some SME funds. I had no idea Stamp Duty was payable on stocks - I'd bought £30k of Astra Zeneca last month and wasn't charged a penny.

Sorry Ryan, but I really cannot keep up with your flipping and flopping.

I'm sure if it's in a trading isa account, you don't get charged.

Well done though for plowing back in, look to Q2 results early August to really see the impact. Maybe some profit potential before then...

Sorry Ryan, but I really cannot keep up with your flipping and flopping.
    That's how I'm making money TBH. Chopping in and out because of the volatility. Take my IAG punt. I'll wait till it goes up 20% (it will, and it will fast, then down again fast too) and trade out. It is just this market that's all.

I'll get back to trackers and hold long term once this all blows over but as it stands it is a great opportunity because of the volatility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I'm sure if it's in a trading isa account, you don't get charged.

Well done though for plowing back in, look to Q2 results early August to really see the impact. Maybe some profit potential before then...
    It's in a SIPP.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Long term planning. The key.

Agreed, at any other time but the present

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m still holding onto cash ...I’m not comfortable yet with the disconnect between the markets and the economy.

Let’s get the Q2 figures out and see where we go, plus new cases are on the rise in America.

Key to what? You can choose a fund to suit your personal circs and risk profile, some may need, or want, or both, to take risks now as they need the money, some may prefer long term security, some may prefer drawdown some an annuity. So the word 'key' is only relevant to each individual

Last edited by Daveya.; 24th June 2020 at 08:37.

Master
    I'm 100% in cash. I won't be back into funds until next year.

Happy enough missing out on a few % gains, and I'm not comfortable with 'punts' in a market where there are lots of folk much cleverer than I.

Will be looking to purchase a BTL property if the market drops a bit, or two if it drops a lot.

And here are go again.

US sees spike in cases . Of course they do.

World Tennis No1 goes on a bender which leads to a spike .

'second wave fears across Europe erupt and markets plummet'

Master
    it's like a bloody yo-yo - comfort for a few days, then wham, the nerves start agin

Craftsman
    Outstanding timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care about the drops at the moment , as I'm losing less in the drops as I'm making on the rebounds. It's an Old Mutual Vanguard fund and they are earning their fees, no complaints

When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

When bears stop growling, bulls should start worrying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I'm 100% in cash. I won't be back into funds until next year.
    +1

Master
    Diversification

just read and article

"There is high degree of overlap between the portfolios of the UK’s largest income-focused investment funds and trusts"

so if you have investments in such Funds have a look at the underlying securities if you want to be sure you have a balanced spread of companies that you are happy with

I've got quite a bit in China, and the US , only about 20% UK I think

Master
    I'm 60% cash, 30% managed funds and 10% self chosen. The latter have doing ok over the last year but LBG and Rolls Royce are dragging results down of late. I dabbled with Cineworld and they did ok over a very short period but have gone backwards since then. Future suggestions welcome!!

Still where we were start of June

The irony this time is that the markets rose through irrantionality and now they decline through irrantionality. Supposedly people are getting the jitters over rising virus cases in the US yet this is entirely a fatcor of increased testing - covid deaths are going DOWN in the US!

Anyway I hope nobody followed my tip for SMT and certainly IAG. I'm nursing a 14% decline in 2 days on IAG! It's a long term hold that one anyway

Master

Anyway I hope nobody followed my tip for SMT and certainly IAG. I'm nursing a 14% decline in 2 days on IAG! It's a long term hold that one anyway
    Ouch.

I must admit breaking my own promise of staying out of the markets too: I've bought a small amount of Easyjet and an even smaller amount of Card Factory.

It's play money though, rather than any funds in my ISA/SIPP.

Both down 5-7% and if they bounce back I'll be out again.

We're only taking potential gains of a few hundred pounds but it passes the time :-)

1% + in last 15 mins

Master
    I have almost exclusively funds, and just one equity.

It is down and has been down since the day I bought it.

I keep it to remind me how bad I am at share picking.

When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

The irony this time is that the markets rose through irrantionality
    It certainly wasn’t irrational. Lots of articles on how the Fed is propping up the stock market. This is my pick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...s-help-or-not/
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 25th June 2020 at 11:17.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    It certainly wasn’t irrational. Lots of articles on how the Fed is propping up the stock market. This is my pick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...s-help-or-not/

Question is how much more can it go on?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    I have almost exclusively funds, and just one equity.

It is down and has been down since the day I bought it.

I keep it to remind me how bad I am at share picking.
    Not as bad as I am. I currently hold BT, Shell, Rolls Royce & Centrica. I used to hold Royal Mail but even I could see that was a real dog & sold it!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Time will soon be coming to make money on Aston Martin again, perhaps in a week or two.

Phew. Was worried I'd screwed it with yesterday's hefty punt on SMT that tanked yesterday and I'm angry with myself as A one shouldn't 'punt' and B it was with £100k of my ISA funds and it tanked and if the sentiment had continued would have tanked more. Thankfully I got 97% of it back today, cashed out with a lesson learned that having a punt is for the big boys and yes Skyman's advice is sage - do things for the long term. IAG I'm still in and it has declined again but I'm ok holding for the long term. The rest still in pharma and tech and some Fundsmith which has held up nicely, plus gold and (in particular) silver which is doing ok

Lol a punt with £100k Ryan what is wrong with you??

I decided today is the day to add a massive tranche to my TSLA short. The next big accountig fraud to be uncovered.

I decided today is the day to add a massive tranche to my TSLA short. The next big accountig fraud to be uncovered.
    How EY didn't ask for a bank statement for 3 years is totally insane.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    How EY didn't ask for a bank statement for 3 years is totally insane.
    The former E&Y audit partner on WDI is now Chief Accounting Officer at Deutsche Bank.

If there is a piece of manure on the sidewalk, Deutsche will find it and jump right into it.

The former E&Y audit partner on WDI is now Chief Accounting Officer at Deutsche Bank.

If there is a piece of manure on the sidewalk, Deutsche will find it and jump right into it.

Friend/someone I provide some team building advice to to is an MD at leading investment bank. Chat the other day lead to what Raffe said. EXACTLY what Raffe said. Basically listen to Raffe

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Lol a punt with £100k Ryan what is wrong with you??
    Typo I meant SIPP funds.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Time will soon be coming to make money on Aston Martin again, perhaps in a week or two.
    Another share issue due. So, at what price? High £19 or low £0.275? What say DB?

Mark my words: Tesla is accounting fraud. A million pages have been written about it. Just search Twitter for #TSLAQ or go search in FT/alphaville. Just like Wirecard, all the info is out there, yet the market is completely irrationally ignoring it and Wallstreet is standing by.

This is from March 2019: the FT had just published proof that Wirecard was a fraud. The market barely moved, and equity analysts were bullish 22 versus 3. One single analyst had a price target of ZERO: Neil Campling from Mirabaud.

And this is what Neil Campling published today:

Mirabaud Securities, the equity research house whose analyst Neil Campling stood out for being the only person to put a price target of zero on the German payments processor, have been thinking about this too. They’ve come up with 20 warning signs that they are looking out for in trying to determine the next “Big Disaster”. They are as follows:

FT/alphaville

Do yourself a favour and register for the FT/alphaville blog. It's free, and all the proof is there.

Lol at 'possibke narcissistic personality disorder'

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mark my words: Tesla is accounting fraud. A million pages have been written about it. Just search Twitter for #TSLAQ or go search in FT/alphaville. Just like Wirecard, all the info is out there, yet the market is completely irrationally ignoring it and Wallstreet is standing by.

This is from March 2019: the FT had just published proof that Wirecard was a fraud. The market barely moved, and equity analysts were bullish 22 versus 3. One single analyst had a price target of ZERO: Neil Campling from Mirabaud.

And this is what Neil Campling published today:
    Mirabaud Securities, the equity research house whose analyst Neil Campling stood out for being the only person to put a price target of zero on the German payments processor, have been thinking about this too. They’ve come up with 20 warning signs that they are looking out for in trying to determine the next “Big Disaster”. They are as follows:

FT/alphaville

Do yourself a favour and register for the FT/alphaville blog. It's free, and all the proof is there.
    Great intel.👍

Is it possible to short shares on the HL platform?

I don’t believe it is.

Personally not a fan of shorting, I think the markets would be an altogether better place if it had never been allowed to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Is it possible to short shares on the HL platform?

I don’t believe it is.

Personally not a fan of shorting, I think the markets would be an altogether better place if it had never been allowed to begin with.
    Markets wouldn't function without shorting. What's wrong with it?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea if fraud is involved but for sure the current valuation seems incredibly bullish.

I wouldn’t know how to short a share via any of my accounts. I think for most the easiest way of betting on a share price drop would be via spread betting. Not something I know anything about.