closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moving from a Seiko SARB033 to a SARX035. Thoughts and advice please from owners.

Moving from a Seiko SARB033 to a SARX035. Thoughts and advice please from owners.

Hello and a question please,

I'm a long term owner of a SARB033, circa 5 years and I think it is a great watch, but I've been looking at videos on youtube etc of the SARX035. I've done a quick search on here, but can't find a thread comparing the two unless i've missed finding them?

I'm really looking for opinions of owners who have or have had both these models of Seiko. I'm not to worried about the few hundred pounds more to go from SARB to SARX, i'm happy to pay the price if it really is a better made watch etc?

Indeed I may keep the SARB as well, though I would just like peoples views please, who have experience with both these and which do they prefer to wear is as important to me as much as whether the SARX is an upgrade etc. (which I would expect given the price increase over the SARB).

The main reason why i'm asking about wear ability and how the two compare on the wrist, in people opinions, is that I do like the SARB, for its 38mm diameter. So one of my main concerns is does the extra couple of mm make the SARX wear and feel much bigger on the wrist?

Any comments regarding how these watches compare in real life over the long term, appreciated, as my SARB has been my daily wearer for a number of years.

I know I could just buy a SARX to see how it feels and flip it if i don't like it, but at this stage I'm just as much interested in what peoples experiences are with both.

Thanks.

No an owner yet but I did find this video very useful.

https://youtu.be/QUsjNUFW6os

Master

Moving from a Seiko SARB033 to a SARX035. Thoughts and advice please from owners.

I had both and went from the SARB to the SARX so can give you some insight into the differences...

The bracelet was the biggest difference for me. The bracelet on the SARX is far superior to the SARB and in the same league as a Grand Seiko bracelet. The clasp is also better than that on a SARB.

The dial on the SARX is and appears far larger than that in the SARB and in the end that was the reason for me selling the SARX. I thought the dial was to large.

Those are the biggest differences. The perfect combo would be the SARB dial in the SARX bracelet.

Bye, the video above posted by wileeeeeey is the video I watched the most when making my decision too.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the white Sarx, it is a gorgeous watch. Finishing is great and some of the best AR coating I have ever witnessed, crystal is mostly invisible.

As said the bracelet is a work of art, and the clasp fully integrates into it (better than on my GS). Yes it costs a bit more than sarb but to me it is in a class of its own.

Hard to comment on size as my wrists are not too small and these things tend to be very subjective.

I’ve owned both and the finishing on the SARX is much better. I have the black dialled version and it’s quite something to look at.

Thank you kindly everyone, for your quick and detailed comments, which is just the advice i'm looking for, the fact the sarx has AR would make a big difference, indeed as against the black dial SARB does reflect a lot. Also the bracelet comments, which are good to know, as the clasp on sarb and its gap does detract for me. So its looking positive for the sarx. And yes sorry, I would equally welcome comments from none owners who have knowledge and information on videos and references etc. So thank you.

Going back to the comments on the dial size, and case size that is of course my initial reservation. I know of one for sale locally and I'm hoping to compare them in the flesh as restrictions lift. The comments on the overall fit finish and the bracelet, have definitely spurred me on.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    No an owner yet but I did find this video very useful.

https://youtu.be/QUsjNUFW6os
    Thank you! And that throws another possibility into the mix