closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panerai Kevlar Diving strap trap

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Would you care to explain please?
    Only one person on this thread has any explaining to do.

33JS should leave leave a H&V post and link both threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Yeah, but which one!
    Thank you for that!
    Looks like you're the only one willing to really evaluate what's going on here and not jumping to completly wrong conclusions
    By the way.....I did started to look very clase to the seller's original pics and my actual strap and I did found some very convincing differences.
    I will take good pictures of mine tomorrow on daylight and will post back.
    Hopefully you will all understand who is wrong and who is right.
    Meanwhile....please refrain from any offensive remarks because I still trust and respect this community and some of it's members

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Only one person on this thread has any explaining to do.

33JS should leave leave a H&V post and link both threads.
    Really?
    You just became a judge overnight?
    Please read the threads and see that I gave all the explanations needed and I can answer any questions....as oposite to 33JS.
    And , again, please refrain from using such offensive words.

By the way.....I did started to look very clase to the seller's original pics and my actual strap and I did found some very convincing differences.
    I will take good pictures of mine tomorrow on daylight and will post back.
    Are you now accusing 33JS of sending you a different strap to the one advertised?

Master
    Someone has let themselves down massively. Over a watch strap.

One thing that lets you down Marius IMO is starting your thread now. If I suspected it was someone on here I would have started the thread straight away.

I would say that you both now have an opportunity to sort this out amicably.

Nooooo
    What I'm saying is that it is very easy for you all to see that his strap in his original pics is not the same with mine....meaning that mine(that I had before and I still have ) is different from the rotten/damaged one that he sent to me and I sent back to him.
    Come on guys.....really?
    Why is so hard to believe that one can make a mistake......
    The hard part is to admit it.
    What will you all say if I can prove you that I am right and donate all the amount to Eddie's charity.
    Would a fraudster do that?
    Would a pikey do that?
    Whould Jack do that?
    I will do that under one condition:
    If ...later on I can demonstrate that I was right all of you that commented in an offensive way (you know who you are) are going to do the same thing.
    And to make it even more interesting.....would Jack donate the cumulated donations if he is proved wrong?
    The amount is £250
    Game on?

Marius, you don't have to ask for permission to prove your innocence. Crack on.

Blog Entries
    Marius

Sorry but tbh I think you are withholding a number of key points. I think you need to be more honest and hope you do as I have dealt with the other member on a couple of occasions and I would again without a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Marius, you don't have to ask for permission to prove your innocence. Crack on.
    Thank you
    I will take some good pictures tomorrow of my strap and I will use the one that I have from eBay (seller's) for comparaisons
    Even both are original and made on the same era there are some slight differences(thanks God for handmade )
    I am totally baffled being somehow forced to prove my innocence but I will do it out of respect for you all
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Marius

Sorry but tbh I think you are withholding a number of key points. I think you need to be more honest and hope you do as I have dealt with the other member on a couple of occasions and I would again without a thought

Again....Until now I never stated that Jack did that on purpose.
    I thought that it was a honest mistake(like seing a great looking apple from outside but when you took a bite you realise that it's rotten inside)
    What makes me very angry is the way some people commented without having both sides of the story and more offending being the words used.....
    And in Jack case....the fact that he cannot assume that it was a genuine mistake.
    I'll do my best to prove my good intentions and innocence

Cannot wait until tomorrow....
    So....I was looking for small differences (you can imagine that being such a quality product made by Panerai differences are very small between pieces but (thanks God for that ) they do exist.
    I noted on the pics which are his and which is mine.
    Please note that I took his pics right now from his eBay post
    Mine are taken 3 minutes ago
    I tried to put them in pairs but no success but I am sure you'll get it.
    Who really wants to see....now they can.

Congratulation, you have another strap, you may even have multiples it doesnt exactly proove much, other than it isnt the one purchased from ebay.

If you look at 33JS thread he posted pics you sent the day you raised a dispute. (Which i linked pics from earilier)
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Bay!&p=5491300

Clasp, screw condion and alignment are clearly not the same as to what was sent back to him.

Also seems the pictures of the keepers, clearly show it varying stages of increased fraying, while in your possension, were you purposely picking them apart?

Ultimately, you really shouldnt have been messing about with the strap causing more damage, AFTER filing a dispute, and sending those pics to him.

if there had been an issue on initial inspection common sense would say, leave it alone and arrange to ship it back there and then, and return it in the SAME condtion as purchaesed, not worse.

There’s clearly ALOT more to the story than you are sharing with us, which isnt doing you any favours.

Ignoring anything to do with forensic examination of strap pictures, I can't see why anyone would be insane enough to want to try and rip someone off with selling a dodgy item on a platform notorious for siding with the buyer THEN post a thread on a watch forum highlighting the failed scam.

Posting in both threads for completeness...

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    My 2 cents, tried to be as objective as possible and perhaps this won't be popular.

Marius story is questionable.. taking off the buckle after raising a dispute, damaging the screw and pulling at the strap causing damage are all items he's openly admitted to on the other thread (link: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ing-strap-trap ). A lot of his posts attempt to talk around the issues rather than address them, and frankly I wouldn't have enough trust to do business with him.

That said... I suspect the strap 33JS got back was the original one, albeit in worse condition. The lighting has clearly played a big role in making the pictures look quite different, but a close look reveals they appear to be the same stitch for stitch, crack for crack, imperfect misalignment in the stitching is 1 for 1 etc. This may not be visible normally, but if you zoom in to the images it's almost like a fingerprint with the thread positioning etc. Feel free to critique my work, perhaps I missed something, but it seems highly likely to me that it's the same strap in both the before and after shot that 33JS posted. Pay particular attention to the bottom right hand corner of the strap and the right hand side of the top keeper.

I also don't think 33JS is attempting any wrongdoing here. There would be no point raising a thread during the dispute process if he was actually attempting to conduct a scam, why would he be angry at all if he was knowingly behind it? Conjecture of course, but I can't see that happening.

Every single photo Marius took of the strap looking bad has a little white spec on the screw attached to the strap on the far side. Every single photo in the original listing has that same little white spec on the same screw, but on the near side. So every single photo Marius has shared occurred after he messed about with the buckle, therefore they all become totally useless as evidence of anything really other than that Marius change the buckle (which he has admitted).

My best assessment with a bit of conjecture is this:

1) 33JS listed a strap, used as advertised but it certainly appears to be in good shape.
    2) Marius received the strap and for whatever reason decided he didn't want it either due to the condition or perhaps due to his messing around with it. In any event we know he messed about with it, changed the buckle, pulled at it and generally degraded the condition - pretty unacceptable in my book. By the looks of it this quite starkly degraded the condition, but I can't say with any authority whether the condition was originally worse than advertised or not.
    3) Marius began a dispute to return the item. 33JS objected to that dispute as he didn't recognise the condition of the strap as similar to the one he sent. Therefore he assumed a strap swap had occurred. However per the above images, I suspect it was the original strap returned in some fashion, just worse for wear after it's brief stay with Marius.
    4) 33JS objected to this. Marius took offence at the claim of the strap being swapped (where technically I believe he was correct), and fixated on that rather than recognising the consequence of his own actions in damaging that strap before returning it. The posts in the other thread also lead me to believe this mindset is prevalent.

So basically I suspect Marius didn't gain from this, in that he returned the actual strap he received and ended up neutral at the end of it. I think he was incredibly callous with the product for unknown reasons, before changing his mind about it and using the aggravated damage as justification for return.

I suspect no dishonesty from 33JS. Whilst I disagree that a different strap was returned, I can understand why he may of thought that. Frankly no sensible person would deem that an acceptable return, so eBay has screwed him over by siding with the buyer on a 'not as described' case as the do in pretty much all circumstances.

Right, now I've offended everyone, off to bed

I'm short sighted as heck but it doesnt take a genius to tell that
    You messed about swapping a perfectly good strap and buckle for a worn out crapped out one . For what 2 300 quid ?

33JS is a a top guy known him many yrs and dealt with him on many an occasion.

it isnt worth his time to do this to a buyer or his stellar reputation .
    He told me about this a few weeks back and I cant believe what I'm seeing here from a long term member moaning and begrudging he bought a faulty strap.

As my niece would say pull the other one pal ?

I wouldn't buy a mars bar from you
    Last edited by alanski; 14th August 2020 at 06:33.

Quote Originally Posted by alanski View Post
    I'm short sighted as heck but it doesnt take a genius to tell that
    You messed about swapping a perfectly good strap and buckle for a worn out crapped out one . For what 2 300 quid ?

33JS is a a top guy known him many yrs and dealt with him on many an occasion.

it isnt worth his time to do this to a buyer or his stellar reputation .
    He told me about this a few weeks back and I cant believe what I'm seeing here from a long term member moaning and begrudging he bought a faulty strap.

As my niece would say pull the other one pal ?

I wouldn't buy a mars bar from you
    Well, at the very least the original strap was degraded either accidentally or deliberately.

Marius, I’d say that you're on pretty dodgy ground right now, mate.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 14th August 2020 at 07:19.

Although I originally posted sliding with 33JS after looking at this post I tend to agree about it indeed being the same strap stich for stitch and the lighting making it look different.
    As for what marius did in terms of messing around with it & making it worse I totally don't agree with what he did and think a compromise could of been reached on both side's before he made it much worse.
    I think if marius had been honest and not tinkered with it from the start things wouldn't be where they are now.

The strap looking OK on arrival and in it's original pictures is completely possible and I certainly don't think 33JS mislead anyone.
    In part this is speaking from the experience of I have over the year's bought 2 (Used) straps that looked great but after fitting and putting tension on them when fitting to the wrist the strap end's came away very easily just due to the fact they were old although not very worn. I just put it down to degradation from sweat getting into it and corrosion happening. Granted I didn't pay £250.00 for them but it's just a point that these thing's can happen and maybe did but honesty is the best policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Posting in both threads for completeness...
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Ignoring anything to do with forensic examination of strap pictures, I can't see why anyone would be insane enough to want to try and rip someone off with selling a dodgy item on a platform notorious for siding with the buyer THEN post a thread on a watch forum highlighting the failed scam.
    Agree with this, and I think once you tinkered around with the buckle you were treating the item as yours. As said before, if the item condition was so obviously below that described you leave alone and initiate a dispute, you don't get your screwdriver set out to play around with the strap

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hello guys,
    I should say that I am very disappointed by the way that almost everyone here rallied with one party without waiting for both sides to tell their part of the story.
    In my mind I still think that this is not because I am not from the Emerald Island ( even if I was called in numerous VERY offensive ways and all were somehow related to myself not being British).
    Once again I reiterate the fact that I DID NOT CHANGED the strap and that the strap that John received is his own.
    How stupid do you think that I am to start a thread on a fraud subject …on a UK forum…..about an UK seller? Come on!
    I did not started the thread before because I was waiting for a resolution from eBay to have a full story to share.
    To be honest I never ever dreamed about eBay ruling this in my favor (me being in Romania and the seller UK based…same as eBay.uk)and this one being my one and ONLY return on eBay.
    Just as a verifiable fact: I did receive from US a visually damaged (pretty expensive) *car part but because I was able to mount it on my car and it didn’t affect the functionality I did not sent it back even if the seller offered to change that free of charge…….
    Also , as I previously stated, I take all the blame for taking the buckle out but I have to reassure you that it wasn’t in any way intended to be swapped or things like that.
    I took it off only to give it a try on a strap that I was trying to build….please keep in mind that if my intentions were to swap that in an unnoticeable way I would proceed with a lot of care and not damaging the screw head and even if I was careless enough to damage that screw head I could always change that with a new one from my own strap…..I even offered to buy the buckle from John (that being the only usable and trustworthy part of that strap).
    As for the way that the strap looked when I sent it back that is only because the strap is completely rotten and if John wants he can just pull a little bit on that and he will see exactly what I’m talking about.
    I wish from the bottom of my heart that John will admit that the strap was rotten and that he didn’t know about before the sale (I do tent to believe this).
    I can understand his anger especially if he wasn’t aware of the issue but you should also understand my position.
    Be honest and admit that none of you will let your beloved watch to un unsafe strap especially when going for a swim (that was the purpose of that kind of strap@watch).
    I really think that if John really wants to clear the air on this issue the only think that he needs to do is to compare his high quality resolution pictures with the actual strap that is in possession now.
    @John: please check for all those tiny details and you will see that I am not Lying.
    I had a sleepless night thinking how can I make everyone see that I am not lying.
    I even offered to donate the amount just to show everyone that I am innocent and it never crossed my mind to fraud anyone or lie to anyone.
    I am NOT that kind of person and just because some of you had the chance to meet John and trade with him and not myself doesn’t mean that I am a despicable villain…Because I am not.
    As I stated before* I can provide as many pictures needed with my actual strap that came in the box when I bought my PAM 00194 so you can see that that one is different from John’s ( starting with the stiches and finishing with the way it was used )
    I will not continue on this subject unless I am asked to but I ask you all : PLEASE check both sides of the story before taking any sides.
    After all ….all this can be considered a human mistake but for this to happen both parties have to be more that correct and transparent.
    Once again : @ John PLEASE be a gentleman and take your time to compare what I asked you and share with us all the results.
    I strongly believe that this is the only way to sort this out in a correct manner and the only to convince everyone once and for all.
    I really want to continue to consider myself part of the TZ-UK brotherhood but , of course, if you don’t want me I will not insist any longer!
    Thank you all *in advance and especially thank you John for doing the right thing.
    Best regards to everyone,
    Marius

Last edited by marius; 14th August 2020 at 09:40. Reason: By mistake I called John Jack ...very sorry

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    you don't get your screwdriver set out to play around with the strap

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Or invite Stevie Wonder around for a few drinks then ask him to take a crack at it with a sledgehammer and a butter knife!

All round a sad story, if you ask me. My conjecture would be the following:

Sounds like Jack sold a used strap in good faith. The strap may or may not have had some worn glued sections, which either way probably weren’t apparent to Jack as based on his record, it doesn’t sound like he’d be out to scam anyone.

Marius received it and was disappointed in the condition, started a dispute. That’s reasonably fair up to now. It sounds like he picked at the glued sections and messed around with it. Perhaps he was testing it, perhaps he was getting carried away with highlighting what he felt were defective parts of the strap. At some point he decides to disassemble the buckle, probably as he said, to see if he can salvage the situation and use parts of it.

Either way, once Marius started to disassemble and damage it further, he forfeited a reasonable position to ask for a return. Maybe it was naïveté / over-excitement but that was a mistake. However, to then use photos of parts which had been picked at by him and damaged further, as evidence of misrepresentation is straight up dishonest. Again, perhaps he was worried about not having a strong enough case for his dispute and wanted to bolster his position, perhaps he panicked when he realised he’d made the situation worse and made a bad call.

In all, Jack lost out on £250 and / or a strap and Marius has lost his reputation on this forum, which is probably a worse outcome.

I don’t think Marius was out to scam anyone from the start but if the above is correct, he’s not exactly played a straight hand. It’s a shame really. Very few people are true villains and I suspect he usually wouldn’t be thought of as one of them. It’s difficult to come back from this though.

As I said, sad all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    All round a sad story, if you ask me. My conjecture would be the following:

Sounds like Jack sold a used strap in good faith. The strap may or may not have had some worn glued sections, which either way probably weren’t apparent to Jack as based on his record, it doesn’t sound like he’d be out to scam anyone.

Marius received it and was disappointed in the condition, started a dispute. That’s reasonably fair up to now. It sounds like he picked at the glued sections and messed around with it. Perhaps he was testing it, perhaps he was getting carried away with highlighting what he felt were defective parts of the strap. At some point he decides to disassemble the buckle, probably as he said, to see if he can salvage the situation and use parts of it.

Either way, once Marius started to disassemble and damage it further, he forfeited a reasonable position to ask for a return. Maybe it was naïveté / over-excitement but that was a mistake. However, to then use photos of parts which had been picked at by him and damaged further, as evidence of misrepresentation is straight up dishonest. Again, perhaps he was worried about not having a strong enough case for his dispute and wanted to bolster his position, perhaps he panicked when he realised he’d made the situation worse and made a bad call.

In all, Jack lost out on £250 and / or a strap and Marius has lost his reputation on this forum, which is probably a worse outcome.

I don’t think Marius was out to scam anyone from the start but if the above is correct, he’s not exactly played a straight hand. It’s a shame really. Very few people are true villains and I suspect he usually wouldn’t be thought of as one of them. It’s difficult to come back from this though.

As I said, sad all round.

A very possible summary of a sad tale, no winners of this one.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I hate you Marius

Quote Originally Posted by Bclark View Post
    I hate you Marius
    So mature...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bclark View Post
    I hate you Marius
    A perfect example, if one was needed, of stupidity.

However, to then use photos of parts which had been picked at by him and damaged further, as evidence of misrepresentation is straight up dishonest.

Please understand the context: I did pick those parts because those are the one holding the mounting screws on the lugs....basically the only part in contact with the watch head and the most susceptibile to give up.
    Believe it or not...on that strap model that part is not sewed but glued.
    The inner part is sewed and that one was completly rotten.....
    Really....I did not damage any property ...I only took the buckle up to see if I can use it on other strap....and I offered myself to buy it.
    Come on guys.....
    Please wait for John's reaction.
    It might clear all this

Agree with Idontgram...it's clear both individuals feel hardship over this so I believe it is the same strap.

Marius...I really don't think you can play a racism card. Yes, I think some people earlier in the first thread said they wouldn't sell to Romania but I think we've gone beyond that now and this is being commented on with nothing to do with country.

Two things you shouldn't have done if you were going to return it...(1) pick away at the strap to deliberately 'prove' it was sub-standard and (2) swap the buckle onto another strap and in the process damage it.

Your options are return the whole package as purchased for a refund or keep it. You don't have the right to damage the buckle and then justify this damage by saying you will pay for the buckle and want a refund for the strap only. If it wasn't as described when you opened the package, you should have just put it back in the packet and return it for a refund.

You seem to be a genuine guy trying to justify this and clear your reputation, but I think you need to realise that you made an error mauling up that screw on the clasp which forfeited your right to sending any part of the strap back. Imagine buying something from a shop...what would you expect them to say if you damaged part of the product and tried to claim you only want a refund for the undamaged part of it?

Especially in a private sale, you've got to realise there is some guy at the other end now getting something you've damaged and picked apart.
    Last edited by Christian; 14th August 2020 at 10:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    A very possible summary of a sad tale, no winners of this one.
    I agree. This sounds like the most likely summary. No one comes out of this well but the buyer was not honest with eBay and expecting a return after he mangled the buckle screw is poor form.

Please understand the context: I did pick those parts because those are the one holding the mounting screws on the lugs....basically the only part in contact with the watch head and the most susceptibile to give up.
    Believe it or not...on that strap model that part is not sewed but glued.
    The inner part is sewed and that one was completly rotten.....
    Really....I did not damage any property ...I only took the buckle up to see if I can use it on other strap....and I offered myself to buy it.
    Come on guys.....
    Please wait for John's reaction.
    It might clear all this

Marius, this isn’t my grievance to fight but if I bought a shirt with a loose thread at the sleeve, I’d take the shirt back and say there was a manufacturing fault I was worried about.

I wouldn’t pick the thread until half the sleeve came off and then complain that the shirt was sold with half stitched sleeves.

Equally, I wouldn’t try to take the collar stiffners out to use in another shirt, bend them in the process and expect to return the whole product for a full refund and make out that the shop owner was dishonest.

I also wouldn’t then offer to return part of the shirt and keep the parts I wanted, that’s not reasonable.

Unlike other members of the forum, I’ve been relatively open minded about your position. However you frame it, you have messed around with the product (whatever state it was in when you got it).

I’m genuinely sad to hear how this has turned out but you’ve walked away with a full refund despite a questionable story and self-admitted actions.

You clearly feel as if you’ve been mistreated and misunderstood but however much you explain it, very few people, if any seem to agree with your position. Clearly we aren’t privy to all the facts but surely, it must dawn on you sooner or later that if no one agrees with you, perhaps, you’re in the wrong.

Master
    I tend to agree with Quality Man (**edit should be Idontgram) and that there are no winners or scammers in this.

One thing for you Marius, if I may in regards to this:

‘I took it off only to give it a try on a strap that I was trying to build….please keep in mind that if my intentions were to swap that in an unnoticeable way I would proceed with a lot of care and not damaging the screw head and even if I was careless enough to damage that screw head I could always change that with a new one from my own strap….‘

This should have been done before sending it back at the very least.(although you shouldn’t have meddled with it at all!) My understanding is if you damage it, you keep it.

Naivety, although I understand the reasoning of trying to salvage the deal, it just isn’t acceptable to tamper with it.

For what it’s worth I would probably deal with both parties in the future.
    Last edited by Ghost Chilli; 14th August 2020 at 13:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Marius...I really don't think you can play a racism card. Yes, I think some people earlier in the first thread said they wouldn't sell to Romania but I think we've gone beyond that now and this is being commented on with nothing to do with country.
    Someone called him a Pikey earlier in the thread, pretty sure that is racist.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post

Didn't see that. Hopefully marius can see that most of the serious replies in this thread are not country biased, just disecting the facts of the transaction.

All I can see is two guys with what they feel to be genuine grievances, but one guy got a full refund and returned the item in a significantly worse state than he recieved it, justifying that he would pay for part of it. Refunds don't work like that...its all or nothing, you have no right to a part refund of your choosing. We've seen this scenario before on H&V fairly recently where someone bought a watch, sold the bracelet then demanded a partial refund for the watch head...https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nah885-Villain

Marius, this isn’t my grievance to fight but if I bought a shirt with a loose thread at the sleeve, I’d take the shirt back and say there was a manufacturing fault I was worried about.

I wouldn’t pick the thread until half the sleeve came off and then complain that the shirt was sold with half stitched sleeves.

Equally, I wouldn’t try to take the collar stiffners out to use in another shirt, bend them in the process and expect to return the whole product for a full refund and make out that the shop owner was dishonest.

I also wouldn’t then offer to return part of the shirt and keep the parts I wanted, that’s not reasonable.

Unlike other members of the forum, I’ve been relatively open minded about your position. However you frame it, you have messed around with the product (whatever state it was in when you got it).

I’m genuinely sad to hear how this has turned out but you’ve walked away with a full refund despite a questionable story and self-admitted actions.

You clearly feel as if you’ve been mistreated and misunderstood but however much you explain it, very few people, if any seem to agree with your position. Clearly we aren’t privy to all the facts but surely, it must dawn on you sooner or later that if no one agrees with you, perhaps, you’re in the wrong.

Seems reasonable to me and a good analogy.
    Last edited by Christian; 14th August 2020 at 11:43.

Master

Pretty sure it isn’t

As it stands, at least the seller now has some evidence to pursue his appeal with eBay or Action Fraud. He's got the buyer admitting to tampering with the product prior to returning it.

That was me but don't stress, I'm Irish. Fully exempt ;)

I stand by it but would be happy to adapt it to scumbag and a pikey if it helps.

I stand by it but would be happy to adapt it to scumbag and a pikey if it helps.
    Neither helps nor hurts, I have no worries either way. Just pointed out that a racial slur had been applied to the OP even if meant as "bants".

An Irish Muslim? I've heard it all now! Are you a Protestant Muslim or a Catholic Muslim?

An Irish Muslim? I've heard it all now! Are you a Protestant Muslim or a Catholic Muslim?
    Previously Catholic and even an alter boy growing up but converted. My friends tell me it guarantees me interviewers as they'll at least want to see what I look like. Sadly it isn't this...

Previously Catholic and even an alter boy growing up but converted. My friends tell me it guarantees me interviewers as they'll at least want to see what I look like. Sadly it isn't this...
    love it.

Cannot understand the source of so much frustration...maybe those too many carbs from those potatoes......no ideea......
    Have you ever heard this mantra: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" ?
    Or at least .....say something not that nice in a nice way.......

Very safe state of affairs and no winner, only losers unfortunately.

I think the words "pokey" and "hate" in this thread are uncalled for and are extremely provocative. This is not the BP.

I don't think either party has covered themselves in glory. Messing with the item when is wasn't right...just send it back as was. Equally telling eBay it was new when it clearly wasn't ( and in one thread, stating it wasn't listed as new,but used) also bring credibility into question.

Others have eloquently come up with a very rational explanation as to what likely happened. I wouldn't disagree.

I have no truck against either of you and think it is now time to draw a.line and move on. Chalk it up to a bad experience, but in the scheme of things it is a first world problem.

Best to both.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Cannot understand the source of so much frustration...maybe those too many carbs from those potatoes......no ideea......
    Have you ever heard this mantra: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" ?
    Or at least .....say something not that nice in a nice way.......

After baselessly b*tching and whining about being the victim of stereotypes based on your nationality, you come out with that gem.

Marius, f**k off. You have been proven, by your own admission, to be dishonest. Give the guy his 250 quid back and clear off.

China is the worlds biggest producer of potatos. I learnt that from too many lockdown zoom quizzes.

Master
    After baselessly b*tching and whining about being the victim of stereotypes based on your nationality, you come out with that gem.

Marius, f**k off. You have been proven, by your own admission, to be dishonest. Give the guy his 250 quid back and clear off.
    Indeed, well said . Bloody victim card. Do one.

You shouldn't send back an item that you've damaged and claim a refund, it's very underhand. Well, there's another one on the list.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

One last time and I give up explaing and all this
    Keep in mind that only myself and John know the truth.
    Maybe an analogy will help some obtuse minds....
    So....let's suppose that you're buying a pretty expensive watch that you really wanted advertised as brand new.
    Nice shinny thing...You're over the moon with it.
    Trying to wind the watch you realise that the movement is ... let's say completly rusted or full of mud or shit....whatever.
    Here comes the funny part....
    Trying to screw back the crown you damage the crown(the screw).....
    What would you do?
    Please try for once to be honest!!!
    I'm done here!!!
    Let's whomever will decide to decide but I can tell you that I was expecting more from some of you instead of this childish shit:" you touched it you own it"
    Why no one is concerned about me and my hard earned money thrown away on a piece of (hidden) shit?
    I did my part of offering to buy the buckle thinking that that will be a honorable thing to do to somehow make this shit a win win situation ...but it was ignored or misunderstood.
    I don't really care anymore ...
    I realised that when someone get stuck in something....not even common sense can bring him back.
    I only wish you all those honest guys here that commented whithout trying to understand to encounter a similar context in the future.....when you will be 100% that you're wright and everyone else will call you in so manny nasty ways.
    Over and out!

Panerai Kevlar Diving strap trap

So....let's suppose that you're buying a pretty expensive watch that you really wanted advertised as brand new.
    Trying to wind the watch you realise that the movement is ... let's say completly rusted or full of mud or shit....whatever.
    What would you do?
    I'm done here!!!
    Let's whomever will decide to decide but I can tell you that I was expecting more from some of you instead of this childish s**t:" you touched it you own it"
    Why no one is concerned about me and my hard earned money thrown away on a piece of (hidden) s**t?
    I did my part of offering to buy the buckle thinking that that will be a honorable thing to do to somehow make this s**t a win win situation ...but it was ignored or misunderstood.
    I realised that when someone get stuck in something....not even common sense can bring him back.
    I only wish you all those honest guys here that commented whithout trying to understand to encounter a similar context in the future.....when you will be 100% that you're wright and everyone else will call you in so manny nasty ways.
    Over and out!

Sorry mate. I lost all Interest and respect when you complained of being racially abused and then you yourself used a racial stereotype.
    I think there you lost and many now won’t even attempt to look at the fact due to what you have shown yourself as.

Last edited by woodacre1983; 15th August 2020 at 12:59.

I don't see nastiness, just nearly 100% view that you are wrong.

Think about this theoretical scenario:

You buy the watch strap. You put it on your watch and the keeper splits because the stitching was defective on the back. You immediately take the strap off and return it. In this example you are perfectly right to get a refund.

Now compare this to your example:

You buy a watch strap. You remove the buckle and in doing so damage it. You then decide the strap might be a bit defective so you decide to pick away at the material and completely destroy it. In your situation you are no way entitled to send back the item for a refund. You have both accidentally damaged and purposely destroyed the strap.

I've got to say, I don't believe something just disintegrates like that. I actually suspect you picked the strap on purpose in order to strengthen your case it was not as described so you could get a full refund.
    Last edited by Christian; 15th August 2020 at 10:47.

Master
    What would you do?
    I'm done here!!!
    Let's whomever will decide to decide but I can tell you that I was expecting more from some of you instead of this childish shit:" you touched it you own it"
    Why no one is concerned about me and my hard earned money thrown away on a piece of (hidden) shit?
    I did my part of offering to buy the buckle thinking that that will be a honorable thing to do to somehow make this shit a win win situation ...but it was ignored or misunderstood.
    Over and out!

Is that a promise.... do one. Bloody victim.

Not sure if I missed this - but after Ebay refunded - did the strap and buckle at least get returned to the seller? I’m sure Pav or someone could make the strap serviceable again and the clasp at least has monetary value.

As I say I may have missed this, but it doesn’t seem right to keep the strap AND get a refund. If it’s been returned please ignore this.