closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What do you drive?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Mechanically spot on. It was the Father-in-laws from new. It needs a little TLC cosmetically, but only minor stuff. The problem is it just isn’t driven enough!

I was shocked to read the recent MOT mileages:

06/16: 53,596
    09/17: 53,830
    01/19: 53,938
    08/20: 53,969

With 3 young kids the Elan has been SORN’d quite a lot! 
    Another 10 years and it’ll be tax and MOT exempt

I didn’t realise that. I’ll still MOT it (or equivalent) every year in any case, along with the Capri. Tax exempt would save a few quid though!

Very pleased with my XF SV8 after a year’s of ownership. I personally love the look, and I can’t get enough of that whining supercharger V8 sound... very refined drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post

Very pleased with my XF SV8 after a year’s of ownership. I personally love the look, and I can’t get enough of that whining supercharger V8 sound... very refined drive.
    Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Lovely
    Very smart and classy car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Gorgeous! I just sold mine before lockdown - had the naturally aspirated V8. I'm amazed at how little these can be had for - such a refined and satisfying car...

Craftsman
    I had the 2.7D version, so not quite as refined as the V8 - they're just such a handsome car.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    I had the 2.7D version, so not quite as refined as the V8 - they're just such a handsome car.
    My father has the 2.7D and was one of the first people in the country to own the XF when it was just released. Lovely car and drives so agile despite it's size. He paid a lot for it and would be lucky to get £6000 now, more £5000 to £5500 now. If my wife didn't get me to get rid of my car so that I could have the 1 series I would have snapped the XF up from my dad.

How are XF owners doing for rust?

Master
    Mine is doing very well. I have a 2012 XFR which I love. I can't see any rust on it.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    My father has the 2.7D and was one of the first people in the country to own the XF when it was just released. Lovely car and drives so agile despite it's size. He paid a lot for it and would be lucky to get £6000 now, more £5000 to £5500 now. If my wife didn't get me to get rid of my car so that I could have the 1 series I would have snapped the XF up from my dad.

How are XF owners doing for rust?
    I have a 60 plate XF 3.0 diesel and there are no rust issues, the cars done 49000 miles and drives very nicely, they’re excellent cars. Plenty fast enough, smooth engine, smooth auto box, excellent stereo player, ticks all the boxes for me. I’ve owned it 9 years and I’ll keep it till it starts costing too much money to maintain.

Master

I test drove the estate version back in the day. Sublime engine, if only it had a bit more front legroom for us taller types.

I didn’t realise that. I’ll still MOT it (or equivalent) every year in any case, along with the Capri. Tax exempt would save a few quid though!
    I’ll have mine MOTd too but applying for free tax felt very satisfying.

Master
    SV8 for me too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    SV8 for me too

Oooh nice I do like that!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Kirk , from April of its 41 st year ( unless you can prove the car was built in January) Take V5 to your local postie, they tick a box saying historic vehicle. Car is then “ taxed” for free, your new V 5 drops through door about 3 weeks later. From then on all tax can be done on line. As soon as your MOT runs out it will not stop further years taxing. However quite annoying is the fact if you run the .gov MOT check, it will come up “ This vehicles MOT has expired “

Thanks mate, I thought the tax free thing was stopped under the Blair government....it must have been reintroduced.