closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Stopping and starting

Journeyman

Breitling Stopping and starting

Evening all,

So about 10 days ago my Breitling colt (A17388) fell face first from a bathroom sink, onto the tiled floor.

I was expecting the worst, however there wasn’t a mark on it, and it continued to run seemingly with no issue. About a week later, I noticed that it was suddenly Running about 15 mins behind time, thinking that it had maybe stopped for a period, which sometimes happens as It has periods of not being worn, I reset the time and then tried to wind it. But the crown felt stuck in position after pulling out the crown and moving the hands a few times, I was able to screw it back in. The next day I was able to unscrew the crown and wind it as normal. Odd.

Anyway, this evening, after a full day of wear, I noticed mid dog walk, that it had stopped entirely. It remained stopped until I started to undo the strap. At which point it suddenly began to run again.

I’ve re-set the time, and hand wound it. But feeling a little unsure as to what to do. The watch is almost 3 years old and is a daily wearer, it’s not yet been serviced.

I’m based in the Middle East for a year, and there is an authorised Breitling shop here that has an in house watchmaker? But his English is limited.

Has anyone had anything similar happen?

Just take it to watchmaker.

+1
    It really sounds like it does need looked at.
    If it's a accredited Breitling dealer you shouldn't have any worries about them fixing it.
    As for his English? Maybe you might know someone who speaks Arabic to explain it properly to him. Or maybe use a app for translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    Just take it to watchmaker.
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by sickie; 22nd August 2020 at 21:31.

Journeyman
    Update, haven’t managed to get it to the shop yet.

It has randomly stopped 3 times now since dropping it, but is keeping perfect time when it is running. Wondering if the rotor could be sticking in one position

Either way it needs looking at. Better to be safe than sorry. Whatever it is it could get worse the more you wear it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Whatever the problem 'may or may-not be' the solution is a Breitling agent, let us know how things go.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.