closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Submariner: 12 series vs. 11 series (Boring Caliper Content)

Master

Submariner: 12 series vs. 11 series (Boring Caliper Content)

Picked up a Sub Date earlier in the week. Had a request from a couple of WIS friends regards how it measures up vs. the previous generation. Personally, not too fussed about half a mm here or there, but seeing as I have had the calipers on it, results below for anyone who may be interested...these may be 0.1mm out as per caliper tolerance. I have pictures of all below measurements but will not bore you with those!

Measurement 116610 126610
    Bracelet Between Lugs 20.0 21.0
    Lug to Lug Height 47.7 48.0
    Outer Lug Width 28.2 27.5
    Clasp Length 45.3 45.5
    Clasp Width 17.6 18.7
    Case Diameter 40.3 40.5

Whilst I was at it, see below the DJ '41' case width.

Master
    DateJust '41'

Master
    That’s a very interesting comparison! Thanks for this. Not huge difference then?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    DateJust '41'
    That appears to be the bezel width, no ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I happened to notice some Submariner size comparisons in this Youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-G4kKscP-s

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    That appears to be the bezel width, no ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, held at that angle as was easiest position to hold it and photograph, but the narrowest part of the case is flush with the outer part of the bezel, hence I believe this is the correct way to measure it (I could be wrong). Submariner was measured in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    That’s a very interesting comparison! Thanks for this. Not huge difference then?
    Certainly not much in it. Still in process of forming a opinion, but on the wrist, it feels as comfortable and sits as well as the 116610. However, when I look at it on the wrist it definitely 'looks' bigger and if I prefer that, I am not sure yet!

I have read some compare it to an SD43. I think that is correct, it does feel like a mix between the 116610 and SD43.

Are the dials the same size, or have the hand lengths changed?

Looks great. In terms of stats, which body part (s) did you have to hand over to get it?

Sent from my SM-N970F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Are the dials the same size, or have the hand lengths changed?
    Have not measured, but by eye the dial does look bigger on the new one. Hands seem longer. Mercedes hand fatter. Hour plots possibly also slightly larger.

Quote Originally Posted by pseunomis View Post
    Looks great. In terms of stats, which body part (s) did you have to hand over to get it?

Sent from my SM-N970F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I have a feeling ADs may have a few in safes. Given this was initially to be released at Basel, supply may not be as bad as usual!? Or maybe just wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Boss13; 12th September 2020 at 12:42.

Have not measured, but by eye the dial does look bigger on the new one. Hands seem longer. Mercedes hand fatter. Hour plots possibly also slightly larger.

I have a feeling ADs may have a few in safes. Given this was initially to be released at Basel, supply may not be as bad as usual!? Or maybe just wishful thinking.
    I got sent the details from the UK PR department and asked specifically about hand length (and the rehaut). They confirmed that the latter material had changed, but said the hands were the same length. Like you, I thought they looked longer - but thought it might be the dial being a tad smaller. Interesting to get the figures, when they are available...

Its cloud cookoo land to think that

Given this was initially to be released at Basel, supply may not be as bad as usual!? Or maybe just wishful thinking.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    I got sent the details from the UK PR department and asked specifically about hand length (and the rehaut). They confirmed that the latter material had changed, but said the hands were the same length. Like you, I thought they looked longer - but thought it might be the dial being a tad smaller. Interesting to get the figures, when they are available...
    Just had a quick look, seems the new dial may be 0.4mm larger.

Just had a quick look, seems the new dial may be 0.4mm larger.
    I would be interested to know whether the Green Bezel is the same one from the old Hulk? If not the same its very similar.