closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Formula 1 2020

Hybrid View

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Domenicali as Liberty F1 boss is not going to see the mid field on equal foot with Ferrari any time soon....

Master
    The way things are going Ferrari may have to improve to compete with the mid field?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    The way things are going Ferrari may have to improve to compete with the mid field?
    Ouch

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Which makes the money thing only móre surreal.

Very exciting qualifying today, especially the drama in Q2, with Ferrari seeing another car written off (the scrap bin in Modena must be busting with bits and pieces), the session being red flagged and LH nearly getting knocked out As a result The fact that LH could “park” this in his mind and then beat his team mate in Q3 by 0.7 sec, perhaps explains why he is heading for another WDC.

Excellent show again by Russel to get out of Q1, and MV for splitting the Mercedes. DR looked good as did SP. Not sure what Tracing point must be thinking when their two 2021 drivers faired so badly, although in fairness to LS, his problems were car related.

With LH having to start on the Softs (as a result of the Vettel incident) and MV/VB on the mediums, it should make it an interesting race. If LH can get into the first corner leading, I imagine he will build a lead simply because MV and VB will be falling over each other. An early safety car could be a bonus for LH, which would make a pleasant change, assuming it doesn’t close the pit entry.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

2 x 5 second penalties for Lewis for practice start violations.

Daniel Ricciardo on being told of a 5s time penatly..."my bad, I'll make it up."

What a difference...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Daniel Ricciardo on being told of a 5s time penatly..."my bad, I'll make it up."

What a difference...
    ^^^ this^^^

Banned
    Blog Entries

What a difference...
    Quite

What a difference...
    The difference is the penalty cost Ricciardo a minor placing position not the win. Daniel was certainly a lot less gracious when his pit crew cost him the win at Monaco a few years back, he was moaning about them for weeks afterwards.

Show me a driver who doesn't complain when a penalty costs him the win and I'll show you a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    2 x 5 second penalties for Lewis for practice start violations.

This is LH 4th penalty this year. Speeding under yellows during qualification (3 grid places) - pointed out by RBR and applied after qualifying had ended. The Albon incident, with him blamed for Albons off. (5 seconds). The Pit entry incident (which has been done to death), which cost him a win (10 second stop/go).

And now this. No other driver (no matter how bad they are) have got anything like these penalties this year. In fact in 2020 LH has currently one point less than he got in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 combined. He now has 12.

By contrast, Vettel for example, had 24 points between 2015-19, but so far hasn’t got any this season. MV had 23 points during the same period and hasn’t received any this year either.

It is was it is, however it is starting to get a bit of a whiff about it, especially when it seems CLC can punt other drivers into the wall and it be deemed a racing incident.

As for the Race, good job by VB, MV, DR SP and LH (especially managing to get a podium in difficult circumstances). The turn 2 penalties were fair, especially given its was made very very clear to the drivers during practice, Qualifying and prior to the race.

Friedrich Nietzsche