closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audemars Piguet Thread

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    That white is amazing. Rivals my VC 4500 - it would be interesting to compare and contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    thats a stunner in silver OP, id prefer it in that config over the blue myself,

mine is a little bulkier, but really like it as well

I recognise that one!! Looking good my friend!

Martyn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    That white is amazing. Rivals my VC 4500 - it would be interesting to compare and contrast.
    Martyn.
    Well Martyn, since you asked . . . . .

My wife actually compared them an hour ago as she was curious. My photography skills are quite poor, so you’ll have to use some imagination, but I’d be hard pressed to give a definitive answer. The AP bracelet is the most incredible one to look at so in theory that should win. However it’s not as smooth as the VC’s and doesn’t have the leather and rubber options included as standard. The dial of the AP is again incredible - it shimmers from white, to silver and back again in a single wrist turn. In theory it should win easily. However the VC blue is something you have to see in the flesh to understand. No pictures do it justice. Price wise they are similar. The VC used to be easily available and at a discount, not anymore from what I can gather. Quality of build, both extremely high. If pushed, I would probably unfairly pick the AP today, but that’s because i’ve just got it. Reality though the VC strap options make it the most versatile watch I’ve ever owned so I’m going to say it’s a draw!

Next time you’re in Wolfardisworthy I’ll show you :-)

Question

Thanks for the reply Stephen.

Was the Grey dial a contender for you? And if you didn't have the VC would the Blue dial 15500 appeal more perhaps?

It is the Blue dial 15500 I am waiting for but "may" consider the grey or silver as an alternative here. Thanks.

Master
    Interesting question as the blue is what I originally wanted but didn’t actually think I’d get one, as I’ve no history with AP. I tried a smaller grey dial chrono (38 mm maybe?) and the grey was nice but didn’t compare to the white. I might be being unfair as on a smaller dial with chrono functions it’s not as legible as it would be on the 15500. As for the blue, it’s my colour so it’s easy to say it really does look great - greater than the white? Not sure. The white has to be seen. Problem with the blue is like with the 5711, blue sky and this one, you know it’s worth a lot more than RRP so does that make us like it more than we should? If that makes sense?

What I will say is that The AP 15500 is an amazing watch full stop. You’d be very happy with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Thanks for the reply Stephen.

Was the Grey dial a contender for you? And if you didn't have the VC would the Blue dial 15500 appeal more perhaps?

It is the Blue dial 15500 I am waiting for but "may" consider the grey or silver as an alternative here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Interesting question as the blue is what I originally wanted but didn’t actually think I’d get one, as I’ve no history with AP. I tried a smaller grey dial chrono (38 mm maybe?) and the grey was nice but didn’t compare to the white. I might be being unfair as on a smaller dial with chrono functions it’s not as legible as it would be on the 15500. As for the blue, it’s my colour so it’s easy to say it really does look great - greater than the white? Not sure. The white has to be seen. Problem with the blue is like with the 5711, blue sky and this one, you know it’s worth a lot more than RRP so does that make us like it more than we should? If that makes sense?

What I will say is that The AP 15500 is an amazing watch full stop. You’d be very happy with any of them.
    Thank you for the insight.

I’ll wait for the blue I guess....