closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any classic/twinshock trials guys on here?

Any classic/twinshock trials guys on here?

As title chaps
    Anyone into 60’s/70’s era trials riding?
    Last edited by GOAT; 8th October 2020 at 17:56.

Master
    Not yet - but it's something I plan to get into when I get time. I'm excited by obtaining/building up/fettling the bike as much as I am the actual racing.

Craftsman
    I don't ride off road but very year when I go to the TALMAG (which I think is for pre 1965 bikes?) I want to buy one!

Craftsman
    Rode twinshock for a good few years and more recently got caught up in Long Distance Trials (LDTs) which is how trials used to be "back in the day"

A bit of roadwork, a few sections, a bit more roadwork, etc. LDTs are pretty steady and a good laugh. Some have a compulsoty lunch stop which brings a much more relaxed feel to the day. Some overnight events too, check out the MCC and the ACTC

The ACU run all sorts of events for twin-shocks. I used to do a few but a number of ex-champions strted turning up on modern reengineered pre-65's worth £15k+ and it all got a bit silly.

Keep yer feet up

Thanks for the advice so far....
    Got an idea in my head of building a trio of 70’s machines such as
    Bultaco Sherpa
    Ossa mar
    Montesa cota

Bikes from the mid 70’s when I started riding,more as a fun thing to own, ride and display with my nephew who’s had more modern stuff.
    Cheers
    🐐

Journeyman
    Nothing that old, but having taken this apart 17yrs ago. I finally put it back together a week or so back. Currently the brakes do not work, but hey who needs brakes