Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    New shogun and MM200 models showing as in stock AND 15% off here -

https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/seiko-prospex-m3
    Well that’s very tempting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, I've ordered the 187.

These show as in stock, but the delivery date is in the first week of December, good enough for me.

Kind Regards,
    Catalin

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting that, Skip - I had an "expression of interest" with Jura and they price matched that offer, so it's saved a good few quid.

Blog Entries
    I just received the 185... First impressions are good, overall.

The bracelet is standard stuff, nice enough if you like that sort of thing, slightly less annoying implementation of the diver extension, solid, perhaps a tad unremarkable.

The case is lovely - beautiful finishing and the interplay of polished and brushed surfaces is gorgeous. Tsunami case back as usual. I like the reduced diameter although the height remains the same, so proportionately the watch feels a bit taller on the wrist. The case and lug shape continue to hug the wrist well, though. I also find myself missing the way the first MM200’s bezel “sank into” the lugs. The effect is much less pronounced here.

The crystal: this is more like it! Sapphire with a bevelled edge, plenty of refractions at the edges and what seems to be decent AR.

The bezel: I really like it. Wasn’t sure I would, but brushed metal is unusual to me, and it looks great.

The dial: velvety black, nice and matt, and gorgeous applied markers with nice white lume. No fauxtina here. The white date wheel works nicely to balance the dial, too.

The hands: similar to the SPB149, the hands have two finishes - half polished and half brushed, which adds to the interest and makes them look quite substantial. I slightly miss the first MM200’s chisel tips, though. The seconds hand is great - a nice nod to the heritage but doesn’t feel overdone.

So, as I say, first impressions are good. It’s got plenty of vintage appeal from its proportions to its finishing, but it doesn’t amount to pastiche (to my eyes at least). I’m pretty happy with it!

I don’t know if it’s a recent release but I’ve just received a SRPE37K1, white dialled ‘Samurai’ (?) on a black rubber strap and I honestly think it’s the best budget watch I’ve ever owned!

Love the case design, the dial is crystal clear, the rubber strap is supremely comfortable and it’s an incredible amount of watch for the money!!
    (Which was £530 but 20% off is available via one of the previous posts which is obviously even better!!)

Also though Gents please could someone more ‘Seiko aware’ than me highlight the differences between the SPB191J1 and my SRPE37K1 please?

I know the SPB191J1 is titanium and the dial is flat rather than textured but other than that, please educate me as to what else I’m missing?
    Thank you....
    Last edited by spuds; 24th November 2020 at 21:07.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    I just received the 185... First impressions are good, overall.

The bracelet is standard stuff, nice enough if you like that sort of thing, slightly less annoying implementation of the diver extension, solid, perhaps a tad unremarkable.

The case is lovely - beautiful finishing and the interplay of polished and brushed surfaces is gorgeous. Tsunami case back as usual. I like the reduced diameter although the height remains the same, so proportionately the watch feels a bit taller on the wrist. The case and lug shape continue to hug the wrist well, though. I also find myself missing the way the first MM200’s bezel “sank into” the lugs. The effect is much less pronounced here.

The crystal: this is more like it! Sapphire with a bevelled edge, plenty of refractions at the edges and what seems to be decent AR.

The bezel: I really like it. Wasn’t sure I would, but brushed metal is unusual to me, and it looks great.

The dial: velvety black, nice and matt, and gorgeous applied markers with nice white lume. No fauxtina here. The white date wheel works nicely to balance the dial, too.

The hands: similar to the SPB149, the hands have two finishes - half polished and half brushed, which adds to the interest and makes them look quite substantial. I slightly miss the first MM200’s chisel tips, though. The seconds hand is great - a nice nod to the heritage but doesn’t feel overdone.

So, as I say, first impressions are good. It’s got plenty of vintage appeal from its proportions to its finishing, but it doesn’t amount to pastiche (to my eyes at least). I’m pretty happy with it!
    Thought best just to reply on this thread! I have to say I really like it - but I'm also a fan of brushed metal bezels, so I think the whole look is fantastic! I'd definitely have been keen if I didn't have a rather special Diver incoming next week