closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SeaDweller Service,

Master

SeaDweller Service,

Is it Rolex only or can it go to Genesis?

Blog Entries
    If you check Genesis website. "Please note we do not service Sea-Dweller, Deep-Sea, Daytona and Yacht-Master models."

https://www.genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/rolex-pricing.html

I think the Rolex service is well worth the extra anyway.

Master
    Thanks all.

Most independents cannot service SDs because they don't have the test equipment and some ADs will tell you that all SDs need to go back to Rolex, which isn't true. I sent a 16600 to these this year.

https://www.prestigetimeservices.co....ex-accredited/

Fully accredited and they have all the gear and speaking to the guy Paul was superb, far more personal and you could discuss what you wanted and more importantly what you didn't want doing, case polishing etc. Turn around was about 12 weeks, but they did a superb job.

Master
    All info passed along to my mate, not my watch this time. Thanks to all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Most independents cannot service SDs because they don't have the test equipment and some ADs will tell you that all SDs need to go back to Rolex, which isn't true. I sent a 16600 to these this year.

https://www.prestigetimeservices.co....ex-accredited/

Fully accredited and they have all the gear and speaking to the guy Paul was superb, far more personal and you could discuss what you wanted and more importantly what you didn't want doing, case polishing etc. Turn around was about 12 weeks, but they did a superb job.
    That’s brilliant to know I’ve got one in need of a service and it’s not too far away from me, I still can’t decide what I do or don’t want doing

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    That’s brilliant to know I’ve got one in need of a service and it’s not too far away from me, I still can’t decide what I do or don’t want doing
    Depends on the age of the watch I suppose. You certainly want a full movement service and they will replace any worn parts with genuine Rolex spares. I just asked for the case and bracelet to be ultrasonically cleaned, but no additional polishing.

They will advise if they find any issues.

What would be the price difference between an independent and Rolex ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Depends on the age of the watch I suppose. You certainly want a full movement service and they will replace any worn parts with genuine Rolex spares. I just asked for the case and bracelet to be ultrasonically cleaned, but no additional polishing.

They will advise if they find any issues.
    It’s been well and truly worn and will need a damn good service and a new crystal but I can’t decide about the polish etc I kind of like the way it looks an awful lot of memories. I’ll make an appointment to see them in the new year. Thanks for sharing I hadn’t heard of them before.

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    It’s been well and truly worn and will need a damn good service and a new crystal but I can’t decide about the polish etc I kind of like the way it looks an awful lot of memories. I’ll make an appointment to see them in the new year. Thanks for sharing I hadn’t heard of them before.
    Yours has got loads of character mate!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Yours has got loads of character mate!
    Yeah, it definitely need a good service and I can’t decide about polishing etc to make it look a bit more respectable again lol although I do love the marks etc it’s picked up over the years because it’s been with me on jobs all over the world. I’ll have a chat with them and see what’s what etc certainly a new crystal but I might just leave it at that with the cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    What would be the price difference between an independent and Rolex ?
    It's not loads to be honest. The main benefit is the personal touch rather than Rolex replacing everything left, right and centre in order to make it conform to the latest requirement. Important as we know if you own an older tritium watch for example.

Craftsman
    I'm glad to have stumbled across this thread tonight. I picked up an M series sea dweller today from a very well respected dealer, I'm pretty sure its unpolished, absolutely mint and bracelet still has stickers attached. Timekeeping so far seems ok but when winding the watch it feels rather rough and gritty, not at all what I'm used to with Rolex, it's a small price to pay for a watch this age in pretty much unworn condition. My guess would be its spent its entire life in a safe and the lubricants have somewhat dried up.

I will at some point send it away for a movement service but I'm not likely to have the case/bracelet polished.

I will wait until the warranty off the dealer runs out then I'll send it off for a service.

My understanding was only rolex could service a sea dweller so this thread has come at the right time for me.

Thanks chaps.

Journeyman
    I just had my 2004 16600 serviced. I dropped it into St James’s in October and I got it back from Rolex a month later. I asked for them to ensure the bracelet and case were NOT polished which was duly noted. They did a great job and couriered it back to me. My crystal was chipped which they replaced but they asked me first. Service was £563.91 including VAT and the new crystal was an extra £105.58 on top of that.
    Last edited by JIG67; 19th December 2020 at 01:02. Reason: Typo

Not bad considering the service for an SD is on 63 quid more than a Datejust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk