closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 4199

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Master
    Today's 43.6 mile outing takes me to 6224 miles done this year, a few miles over 10,000km - which was my target for 2020. Took this pic shortly after reaching the 10k milestone.

Hope everyone's having a terrific weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Today's 43.6 mile outing takes me to 6224 miles done this year, a few miles over 10,000km - which was my target for 2020. Took this pic shortly after reaching the 10k milestone.

Great stuff. Well done!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post

Fair play to you. Stay rubber side down.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Ive been on Di2 for 4 years. Touch wood its not missed a beat and performed perfectly.
    I wouldnt go back to mechanical. A few times Ive run out of gears due to neglecting to recharge, last Sunday I did 45 miles on the small chainring for example, but its a small price to pay. Itd be nice to have some way of seeing the charge level

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    My Italian Stallion tucked away waiting for spring
    I am so very glad that your bikes are all too big for me. Otherwise who knows how many the 6 (OK 7 as I used N-1 here) would have ended up as. But, they are all different : TT bike, Race bike, Road bike, training bike, a hardtail mtb, a rigid mtb, and a hack bike. Still missing a fully suspended MTB, a gravel, a hybrid etc.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    I am so very glad that your bikes are all too big for me. Otherwise who knows how many the 6 (OK 7 as I used N-1 here) would have ended up as. But, they are all different : TT bike, Race bike, Road bike, training bike, a hardtail mtb, a rigid mtb, and a hack bike. Still missing a fully suspended MTB, a gravel, a hybrid etc.
    Haha, I just counted 17 in my garage but Ive got another 5 or 6 elsewhere 🤔

My Italian Stallion tucked away waiting for spring
    Amazing looking bike .

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I wouldnt go back to mechanical. A few times Ive run out of gears due to neglecting to recharge, last Sunday I did 45 miles on the small chainring for example, but its a small price to pay. Itd be nice to have some way of seeing the charge level
    On your garmin!
    RIAC

Master
    On your garmin!
    yup, can see it on my Garmin 530.

Master
    Blog Entries
    On your garmin!
    Really? Never knew that. Will have to read the instructions

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tried it & Garmin 520 cannot find the Di2. Was my expectation given my usual experiences with technology ☹️

Grand Master
    Tried it & Garmin 520 cannot find the Di2. Was my expectation given my usual experiences with technology ☹️
    You need the sender which adds to shifters and sits in bars or get SRAM red as it self transmits
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Kerry. Good to know its not just incompetence on my part then. Does it fo anything else other than display charge level?

Grand Master
    Thanks Kerry. Good to know its not just incompetence on my part then. Does it fo anything else other than display charge level?
    Also displays what gear you are in and ratios
    RIAC

Master
    You can just hold a shifter and look at the lights on the junction box, see here: https://bettershifting.com/frequentl...-charge-level/

I haven't got the BT sender gadget (yet) so that's what I do.

Given up road riding for the winter its too dark and wet so happily back out on the car free free muddy forest trails for some two wheeled fun.

As much as Ive enjoyed really getting in to road cycling this year nothing beats a sweet bit of single track through the woods.

Master
    Haha, I just counted 17 in my garage but Ive got another 5 or 6 elsewhere 樂
    Feeling like an amateur with only 5!

And I might sell two of those as I never use them, which would leave:

My 15 year old MTB, my son moans about it but it's good enough for me;

My Boardman CX, how I have missed CX racing thanks to Covid (see below);

And my beloved Dolan Tuono, bought off this very forum and to hell with winter bikes it gets ridden all year round (clip on mud guards in the winter) and I love it. Interestingly it gets comments from those who know who Terry Dolan is, and many are amazed by how light it is.

Boardman CX - During:

After:

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    My Boardman CX, how I have missed CX racing thanks to Covid (see below);

What is CX? It looks like jogging through a muddy field whilst carrying a road bike. Are off road bikes banned from these races or just too heavy to carry around the course?

Master
    CX = Cyclocross.

See here for it being done properly at the UCI world champs:

20 year old Tom Pidcock who has just signed for Ineos came 2nd, an amazing achievement.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    What is CX? It looks like jogging through a muddy field whilst carrying a road bike. Are off road bikes banned from these races or just too heavy to carry around the course?
    BTW what you can't tell is that just behind me is a one meter high ramp and in front of me a meter wide ditch; in practice I noticed most people fell off at one or the other when trying to ride them; given my lack of skill the best choice was to run them which most people did.

This particular race was the hardest I have done, in fact a team mate who races at the pointy end of the Vet 40 race fell off in practice and cracked some ribs and that was end of season for him. I'd heard from someone the start was so muddy people were having to run from the start so luckily for me I managed to find a dryish line and cycle the start at least.

I came 6th losing a load of time falling off on one bend and my garmin trying to call my wife and tell her I'd died or something and working out how to stop it!

Master
    Haha, I just counted 17 in my garage but Ive got another 5 or 6 elsewhere 樂
    Wow, you beat our leading club member Mark Eidem (British Cycling commissaire) who has a mere 19.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    You can just hold a shifter and look at the lights on the junction box, see here: https://bettershifting.com/frequentl...-charge-level/

I haven't got the BT sender gadget (yet) so that's what I do.
    Ive never noticed any lights on the junction box. Its difficult to access on my bike, even for recharging, as its tucked away in a recess under my stem. Will investigate later. Thanks.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow, you beat our leading club member Mark Eidem (British Cycling commissaire) who has a mere 19.
    To be fair 3 belong to Mrs T-7 and one each for the 2 children. Only the 3 with powermeters get ridden by me but of those 3 I probably do 95% on my road bike. I should surpass 9000 miles for the year so far on todays ride.

Master
    Thanks for this. I'd been thinking that 6 is enough, but perhaps it isn't.

Grand Master
    Ive never noticed any lights on the junction box. Its difficult to access on my bike, even for recharging, as its tucked away in a recess under my stem. Will investigate later. Thanks.

You can fit barend charging and controls but to be honest just charge it once every few weeks and forget about it
    RIAC

Master
    Just to say today is the Namur round of the cyclocross World Cup. Womens race is on now, mens to follow at 2 I think. This, along with Koksijde, is my favourite course. Trick conditions again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Just to say today is the Namur round of the cyclocross World Cup. Womens race is on now, mens to follow at 2 I think. This, along with Koksijde, is my favourite course. Trick conditions again this year.

Live on Eurosport Player

Master
    Blog Entries
    Usually with Di2 I notice the front mech not trimming when the battery gets low ... then the front mech stops then the rear ...

You need to be on a pretty long ride to get through all 3 stages in one go. Once I notice it I restrain my gear changes and charge when I get home.

It lasts so long its not an issue. I can do about 1500 miles on a charge.

Craftsman
    I love Di2.

My Di2 was the basic one which didn't do a whole lot aside from electrical gear changes.

I added the wireless sender unit and the newer Bluetooth control centre battery and now I love the ability to see the selected gear, the synchro mode as well as the Di2 battery level on the Garmin 1030. It's also nice to be able to customise the gear changes in the etube software. I can get about 4 months from a battery charge (riding about 8K a year) and I change gears frequently.

My other bikes still have the mechanical shift and it's always a pleasure to come back to Di2 on the summer bike.

Master
    Worth the upgrade but should be factory fitted - its not cheap 80-100 and you need an additional lead, simple to fit if you have battery in seat post.

I use Wahoo Roam and it provides on screen gear data with lots of after use data and within the unit you can view battery status.

TBF Garmin has lots more scope in terms on functionality

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spogehead View Post
    Worth the upgrade but should be factory fitted - its not cheap 80-100 and you need an additional lead, simple to fit if you have battery in seat post.

I use Wahoo Roam and it provides on screen gear data with lots of after use data and within the unit you can view battery status.

TBF Garmin has lots more scope in terms on functionality
    I probably won't bother, I can just look down if I want to see what gear I am in. I'd have to take the bottom bracket out to get to the battery. I'll just charge it up more often than 3 monthly!

Grand Master
    I probably won't bother, I can just look down if I want to see what gear I am in. I'd have to take the bottom bracket out to get to the battery. I'll just charge it up more often than 3 monthly!
    I tend to do the same just realise that when the cadence drops or rises I need to change gear! Whislt i have it fitted its my least used. Syncro However! Now thats cool
    RIAC

Master
    Yes there is huge novelty factor dont get me wrong - although I do know that my most used gear is 52-19

Semi synchro so far feels like the best option for me, the whole thing is super slick, couldnt be happier with it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spogehead View Post
    Yes there is huge novelty factor dont get me wrong - although I do know that my most used gear is 52-19

Semi synchro so far feels like the best option for me, the whole thing is super slick, couldnt be happier with it.
    Back in the day Shimano FlightDeck showed you what gear you were in but after a while I just never looked at it.

I can feel if I am in the right gear from my cadence. I also have cadence showing on my Garmin.

I'm not keen on the syncro; I'd rather have control myself and do double lever shifts if necessary.

Di2 battery level would be helpful but I can see the LED's on the unit under the stem.

Master
    New Christmas boots

Master
    Good looking bike that

Master
    My winter bike's an absolute state, that's pristine!

You obviously ride solo then!

My work in progress winter bike, Bowman Weald, sram force, wide Light bicycle 36deep 28wide carbon rims.
    28c Hutchinson tubeless.

The new Canyon Commuter 7 looks interesting and as maintenance free as you can get on a bike. Shame their cycle to work scheme looks like a headache, I doubt my company would sign it off. Really they should be accepting vouchers directly from the top 3-5 schemes in the UK.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Good looking bike that
    Thanks - rode lovely on the new tyres

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The new Canyon Commuter 7 looks interesting and as maintenance free as you can get on a bike. Shame their cycle to work scheme looks like a headache, I doubt my company would sign it off. Really they should be accepting vouchers directly from the top 3-5 schemes in the UK.
    Think Canyon have stopped selling to the UK for the time being anyway.

Think Canyon have stopped selling to the UK for the time being anyway.
    Temp pause until about 20th or 22th Jan. They're still taking orders just not shipping until then.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 24th December 2020 at 19:02.

Master
    My winter bike's an absolute state, that's pristine!
    You should see mine!

Today planned to ride to Windsor as stage one of Rapha 500, I don't normally do it due to family commitments (not least normally being in France at Xmas!) but as virtual rides are allowed this year thought I'd give it a go. After 20k I realised the back tyre was nearly flat. I have tubeless tyres and it had a small hole in it that the sealant didn't want to seal and never having fixed a tubeless puncture before decided to nurse it back home, only had to stop once to pump up again so probably the right choice.

I noticed that quite a few people on my Strava feed have signed up to the Rapha 500 and then knocked off 100k plus in three hours or less on the fuego flats on Zwift, not sure that is in the spirit!

Master
    I've never done it but I would agree it's not really in the spirit of things, enduring the conditions is the point.

You must be near me if Windsor is in range, that area is my bailout option if hills don't appeal.

Master
    I'm near Reading so Windsor is about a 75km round trip.

Re Rapha 500 one year conditions were pretty grim and one chap I knew basically rode up and down the A4 for 500km, seemed pretty daft to me! They've allowed virtual rides this year due to the Pandemic I think.

Master
    I was feeling a bit disappointed that my tubeless tyre had let me down on Thursday, well, in so far as I didn't complete my ride.

Today decided to fix it, and now I had my glasses on I could see there was a small piece of glass stuck in the hole which I removed and and it looks like it then sealed straight away.

And to be fair, I only ended up with a slow puncture that I had to pump up once to get home.

Also removed ~2kg of mud and gave the drivetrain a good clean up!

I'm after a few new bits from Rapha (please don't judge me!) Does anyone know when the sales are likely to be? Sorry if a dumb question I don't know if they are at regular times or when they feel like it?

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyl1000 View Post
    I'm after a few new bits from Rapha (please don't judge me!) Does anyone know when the sales are likely to be? Sorry if a dumb question I don't know if they are at regular times or when they feel like it?

I would imagine spring time - seems like autumn and spring as their 2 main sales periods. Check archive sale on the website

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyl1000 View Post

If you are after a rain jacket I have 3-4 of them so could sell one or two. Im a 42 chest
    RIAC