closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC and Leica, mechanical engineering at its best.

Craftsman

IWC and Leica, mechanical engineering at its best.

Lockdown boredom again so....time for a few pics of my favourite mechanical pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lovely. Leica’s, just as many mechanical watches, have that intangible factor X that makes it nice which is so hard to put your finger on.

I replaced my Q for a Sony A7 which is a technical marvel and better on paper, but not nearly as nice to use ...

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Lovely. Leica’s, just as many mechanical watches, have that intangible factor X that makes it nice which is so hard to put your finger on.

I replaced my Q for a Sony A7 which is a technical marvel and better on paper, but not nearly as nice to use ...
    I think it’s the whole rangefinder aesthetic. It has that retro feel. Despite its hefty price tag it manages to look unassuming and unobtrusive whilst still exuding class. My little fujifilm x100 has the same vibe about it.

Lovely. I also love rangefinders; my No.1 camera for about ten years now has been an Epson RD1. Obsolete in the eyes of some, but a good camera is a good camera and I have printed up to A0 size with no problems. Also it means I don't have to work with 40mb RAW files...

Always loved the look of IWC watches.

WHat's next - Leica watch?

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/le...l2-introducing

Mechanical engineering at its best, totally agree.

Great picture.

I would love a Leica M6 but in this last year I have seen what I need to pay to get in to a good one double, and Leica glass is a big investment.

I looked at a fantastic Black M6 last year but thought it was too much to pay but on reflection it was a good investment.
    However I bought a Nikon F3 HP and I have a Contax G1 with 45mm F2, so I am all good for now on the film front.

Film cameras have a fantastic feel to them.